[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oh look, its the 6 main characters from each film who verbally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
oh look, its the 6 main characters from each film who verbally progressed the plot in each
>>
>>62772308
>verbally progressed the plot
The word you're looking for is "exposition."
>>
i know that guy in the white helmet
that's the guy
from star wars
>>
>>62772308

>Darth Maul
>Verbal

Not one of the three things he says is important.
>>
>>62772364

remember that historic scene in empire when the storm trooper finds out the shocking twitst
>>
>>62772378

yeah but who can forget those thought provoking scenes of general grevis in 3
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 736x553) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 736x553
>>62772406

ARMY OR NOT, SURELY YOU MUST REALIZE YOU ARE DOOMED
>>
More like most exploitable star wars imagery desu.
>>
>all covers feature villains
>expect Yoda

>is Yoda secretly a villain?
>>
>>62772308
>All male characters
really? It's 2015
>>
>>62772491

You don't know that Stormtrooer is a man.

And Vader is a trans-Sith.
>>
>>62772462
PT yoda authorized and led a goddamn clone army
he's like a little green chairman mao
>>
>>62772491

we should go back and re-edit the entire trilogy to put focus on characters who benifit current political agendas
>>
>5 out of 6 covers show the evil guys

this triggers me
>>
>>62772378
>At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.

Pretty much shows the Sith are seeking revenge for some crap the Jedi did to them awhile ago, more than we get from any Jedi character in The Phantom Menace anyway.
>>
>>62772308
Grievous being on the cover for Episode III is a nice reminder that the prequels were made for children, the entire series is marketed towards children, and getting angry about it on the basis of bad writing and silly dialogue is pointless.
>>
>>62772308
>Darth maul
>fucking general grievous who was a useless retard in the movie

For what purpose
>>
>>62772527
Funny thing is, shitty feminists would agree with that.

No one sees beyond the now anymore.
>>
>>62772406
Jedi slime detected
>>
>>62772562
This. The series as a whole is a child cheesefest.
>>
>>62772308

>everyone harping on the obvious
>most avoiding the hilarious generic storm trooper on 5
>nobody mentioning how Vader played practically a minor role in 4
>and the emperor in 6 even less so
>>
>>62772640
Yeah why the fuck is it a storm trooper for 5? I guess that 2 was such a complete nothing of a movie that they had to put a familiar face on it because there's fucking nothing even remotely memorable about the characters in that movie
If I had to choose, I'd put jarjar in 1, because let's face it he personifies that movie quite well, the clone troopers in 2, the emperor for 3, the death star for 4, Yoda for 5 and Vader for 6
>>
>>62772640

The Emperor had a pivotal role in 6. What are you talking about? If anything, it should be Tarkin-Vader-Emperor on the OT.
>>
>>62772560
>revenge
for what exactly? my impression from games and other EU things is that the Sith destroyed themselves because they always got greedy and screwed each other over
so what revenge? did lucas forget about that detail? he probably had him say that because it sounded cool
>>
>>62772719

Lucas generally seems to operate under the impression that people will swallow genre conventions hook, line and sinker because he does. He doesn't think about why bad guys hate the good guys, they just always want "revenge", and to him, that's enough. He seems puzzled when people want more motivation from villains. This couldn't be more clear than with Grievous. Introduce a villain out of fucking nowhere, call him a bad guy, and spend a third of the movie fighting him, and that's *it* for characterization.

In the EU, the Sith didn't directly destroy themselves, so to speak. Infighting took some of them, but more broadly it meant they were weak when they had to stand against the Jedi. The Jedi are directly responsible for their downfall, but they really only have themselves to blame. Most Sith can't understand that, though, and just want to blame everyone else, which is why Darth Bane implemented the Rule of Two; it'd keep less-enlightened Sith from destroying themselves while also pursuing the destruction of the Jedi.
>>
>>62772704

>pivotol =/= majority of the exposition
>>
>>62772719
>my impression from games and other EU
EU doesn't count.
>>
File: sheev.jpg (36 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
36 KB, 500x480
>>62772491
We can't say what gender Sheev identifies as.

Just look how he dresses.
>>
4 should have been Peter Cushing if this was about bad guys, and Vader in 5. If not, Obiwan in 4.
>>
>>62772491
they all identify as women
>>
>>62773153
black, transgender women, actually
>>
>>62772699
>Yeah why the fuck is it a storm trooper for 5?
That's like the only one that actually makes sense though.

>The Phantom Menace
Sheev is technically the phantom menace, but having Sheev twice would be dumb so Maul works I guess.

>Attack of the Clones
A Clone Trooper, self explanatory

>Revenge of the Sith
Sheev is the Sith who gets his revenge

>A New Hope
Luke is the new hope, but they seem to be avoiding using normal human faces so I'd go with R2 being that he carried the message that set the events in motion.

>The Empire Strikes Back
Storm Troopers are the soldiers of the Empire.

>Return of the Jedi
Vader overthrows Sheev and returns as a good Jedi ghost.
>>
>>62772308
>10 cents have been deposited in your account
>>
File: 5436.jpg (16 KB, 311x299) Image search: [Google]
5436.jpg
16 KB, 311x299
>>62772308
>verbally progressed the plot
>>
>>62772364

I think he is Star Warrior or something. He's Dark Helmet's son. They live on planet Vulcan,

I'm like a total Star Trek nerd. Rocket Racoon is my favorite Doctor.
>>
>>62773321

i like how bluray sites that reviewed the series release just list george lucas as the director of the entire series, and unsurprisingly their favorite is episode 5

seems like lucas got the last laugh after all
>>
>Maul
>Doku
>Grievous
>Tarkin
>Vader
>Sheev

As a good guy opposite

>Qui-Gon
>Yoda
>Windu
>Obi-Wan
>Leia
>Luke
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.