[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I want to watch some detectivecore. What are the essential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Guys I want to watch some detectivecore.

What are the essential detective films? Doesn't have to be noir, just detective shit. Any kind of crime so long as the protag is a fucking detective.

Pic related, a fucking detective.
>>
LA Confidential
>>
>>62772087
True Detective
The Wire
Heat
Prisoners
Zodiac
Gone baby Gone

That's all i could come up with right now.
>>
>>62772167
good list

Memories of Murder
The Chaser
>>
>>62772087
Honestly, the best investigation movies have the worst detectives. Keeps the audience on its toes watching a bumbling protagonist.
>>
>>62772197
Shit, can't believe i forgot Memories of Murder.
>>
>>62772239
What on earth are you talking about?
>>
>>62772167
le pleb list
but yeah, Prisoners is top tier
don't even think about seeing The Wire for the detective shit

>>62772087
Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto
The Big Sleep
Chinatown
The Thin Man
The Maltese Falcon
The Detective
The Long Goodbye
The French Connection
The Conversation
Hunter
The Big Sleep
Dial M for Murder
>>
At a stretch - Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy.

It's a detective procedural to an extent.
>>
>>62772313
spy movie != detective movie
>>
>>62772087
gone girl and most fincher movies are kinda detective core
>>
If you're into more out there stuff like X Files, I'd recommend Kolchak. While he isn't really a detective, he basically is one. He's a journalist who gets too involved with mysterious cases and always ends solving them himself. There's a tv series and it's predated by two made for tv movies.
>>
>>62772087
Batman - The Dark Knight
>>
>>62772287
you're right it's a pretty pleb tier list, but it was all i could come up with. Sorry about The Wire, disregard it. But Prisoners is top tier.
>>
Poirot
>>
>>62772394

underrated
>>
File: sfsdfsl.jpg (85 KB, 491x755) Image search: [Google]
sfsdfsl.jpg
85 KB, 491x755
>>62772087
My Favourite Kurosawa film
>>
>>62772483
yeah, it was good.
>>
>>62772389

Prisoners is easily the worst work on that list. I can't think of too many other movies that are so badly butchered in the second half.
>>
twin peeeeeeeaks
>>
>>62772087
kinda shitty and inconsistent, but the FBI agent character was 10/10.
>>
>>62772633
each to their own, i guess.
>>
>>62772839

>>62772839

Well it's pretty much objectively shit.

The red herrings, nobody caring that Paul Dano went missing, pointless snake suitcase and maze filler to try to appeal to the art crowd, incredibly unconvincing bad guy at the end who explains her evil plan to the audience. There is nothing redeeming about any of it.
>>
>>62773160
when he went missing as a child or when wolverine takes him?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.