[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SWG/ Screenwriting - recommendations edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: BStH9mfCcAAqB_2.jpg (138 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
BStH9mfCcAAqB_2.jpg
138 KB, 764x1024
I'm currently redrafting a screenplay, actually it's more of a polish. I haven't read a screenplay in years, who do you recommend as having excellent description? Or Dialogue which comes across well on the page? Just good style in general.
Suggestions?
>>
Protagonist by John Flansburgh
>>
File: 20130311_141500.jpg (429 KB, 949x770) Image search: [Google]
20130311_141500.jpg
429 KB, 949x770
>>62768723
eh, good example of storytelling but not really what I'm looking for.

Though if you got any more 'lyrics as storytelling' examples I'm open to that
>>
>>62768553
>handwriting is illegible nonsense and highlighting is on par with a drunk monkey trying to use coloring book

get your shit in order, famski
>>
>>62768816
Hey screenwriting is tough I tells ya.
Ehhh I get no respect. No respect at all FΑΜ
>>
>>62768553
>its that fucking Dangerfield simpsons episode
>>
File: BnsOHt4CcAE6v7A.jpg (102 KB, 1024x658) Image search: [Google]
BnsOHt4CcAE6v7A.jpg
102 KB, 1024x658
>>62768884
You got it
>>
>>62768765
Story of Isaac by Leonard Cohen
>>
>>62768910
Never heard this one. Nice lyrics.

But to turn our discourse back to the craft of screenwriting:
>So he started up the mountain,
>I was running, he was walking,

Good description there.
>>
>>62768974
I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THE CRAFT OF SCREENWRITING, I WANT TO POST NAMES OF SONGS AND THEIR AUTHORS
>>
>>62768986
And I want to have a threesome with Alice Glass and the Russian supermodel who looks kinda like Gemma Ward and has the weird multi-syllabic name I can't remember, Sasha Popanova or something. But in this life we have to accept that the actions of people may run contrary to our wishes.

Also:
Kissland - The Weeknd
Lodi - CCR
>>
>>62769066
I'm sorry, I'm just bitter over reading Pudovkin and learning that editing is the only thing that really matters in filmcraft.
>>
File: qt.gif (785 KB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
qt.gif
785 KB, 245x270
bro write something epic lol

write an action movie about a motherfucker with no time to waste and make sure he listens to a fucking dance song or some shit

call it "big boy"
>>
>>62769112
It's kinda true. I recommend you next read John Grierson. He talks about the rhythm of movement within the frame, and cutting it -- and he gives an example from the only film he ever directed where there's this montage of fishermen throwing cans off the bow, then cuts to the spooling of ropes -- like there's a choreography going on there between the shots. Blew my mind when I realized what the hell he was on about.
>>
>>62769220
Nah, I got it man, it's called 3:17
It's about a hitman who has one last job, however the night before he has to take the gangster bosses' Nephew Out for some fun. They end up watching a crappy print of a Indonesian Horror film in a crummy cinema, the kid is a huge fan of B-movies, massive sperglord. He insists they eat at some pop culture Mexican restaurant, hitman has to agree b/c nephew of crime boss...
So he eats tacos, and can't get to sleep because he's got intestinal pains all night.
And then he has to do the job, real easy, sneak into the guy's house, pop a bullet in him while he's fucking his mistress - easy... but he blows his cover when he blows a fart!!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.