[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"we should give the supreme chancellor emergency powers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1136x640
>"we should give the supreme chancellor emergency powers because the senate will never agree to use clones"
>"okay"

>senate unanimously agrees to give supreme chancellor emergency powers in order to use clones instead of unanimously agreeing to use clones

Seriously, what the fuck.
>>
He used his mind influence powers.
>>
>>62766342
Darth Plagueis is clearly using a sith mind trick in that picture to convince the senate
>>
>>62766342

Everything politics related in Star Wars was garbage.
>>
>>62766342
the vote needed to give him emergency powers was a majority vote! the vote needed to utilize clones was an ABSOLUTE VOTE!

im making shit up, but i guarantee some EU faggot will actually defend any plot hole in any star wars movie with a bunch of made up bullshit
>>
DELLOW FELEGATES
>>
>okay jar jar this is meesa big chance
>make the world know gungans are serious
>not just hicks from some backwater swamp
>meesa best friend Sheev believes in meesa, he trusts meesa
>meesa can do this, don't choke
>"Dellow Fellegates...."
>FUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>62766521
>y-you too
>>
>>62766363
the more people bring up plot problems in the prequels, the more this theory makes sense.

someone asked why the gungans could defeat a droid army, but the clones in episode 2 couldn't, even though they were better fighters than gungans.
>>
>>62766567
>better fighters than gungans

haha, no
>>
>>62766471
what were they thinking
>>
>>62766709
Biggest twist in cinema history.
>>
>>62766342
The entire prequel trilogy is just Sheev mind controlling everyone for his own entertainment
>>
File: 1446759833980.png (405 KB, 642x584) Image search: [Google]
1446759833980.png
405 KB, 642x584
>>62766521
kek
>>
Ignoring the secret sith memes for a bit, Do you guys think JarJar was happy for his friend Sheev becoming the emperor or do you think he regrets it at all? Do you think Sheev betrayed Jarjar and stopped talking to him all together? Could it be possible that he still met with him after the republic died with thunderous applause?
>>
>>62766856
Sheev knows how to have a good time.

>Sheev will never be your friendly uncle who's always teaching you stuff while having a good laugh
>>
>>62766567
The clones fought a different droid army
>>
>>62766602
Clearly they were. The goongas wrecked the droids' shit.
>>
>>62766903
>sheev will never be your friendly sugar daddy that always laughs at his lame jokes while fucking you in the ass
>>
>manchildren will never leave /tv/
seriously, what the fuck
>>
>>62766342
the senate in the prequels was completely fucked, they needed a dictator in order to actually get shit done.

sheev did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1418894107404.png (1 MB, 983x1080) Image search: [Google]
1418894107404.png
1 MB, 983x1080
>>62766966
you got order 66 in a sheev thread, congratulations
>>
>>62767000
Impressive, very nice.
>>
Why the fuck was Jar Jar even a Senator. Seriously why. They chose the stupidest Gungan to help represent Naboo. Big Boss Nass would seem like a better choice.

It's like it's some giant joke to Lucas
>>
>>62766980
This. Lesser of two evils, desu. Sheev was in control in the better trilogy. Senate in control leads to shit movies. When the Empire's power dwindled in RotJ, the quality was a noticeable drop compared to ESB.

Using this logic, and assuming TFA shows the rise of a new empire, we can expect Abrams to actually make a phenomenal film. EP VIII will be even better. EP IX will be subpar.
>>
>>62767000
Holy shit
>>
>>62767000
I'm replying to your trips in an attempt to also get repeating digits.
>>
>>62766342
>senate unanimously agrees to give supreme chancellor emergency powers
That decision didn't need to be unanimous.
Creating an army would need to be.
>>
File: 1447549389889.jpg (292 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447549389889.jpg
292 KB, 1529x1200
>>62767000
Is this the unlimited power of Sheev?
>>
>>62766930
>>62766567
the gungans lost you idiots
>>
File: anakin.jpg (26 KB, 566x238) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
26 KB, 566x238
>>62767000
ILL TRY DOUBLES, THATS A GOOD TRICK
>>
>>62767015
He's well traveled and culturally experienced, knows his people, and is a general of a heroic war. He's the perfect choice. Big boss has to rule internally.
>>
>>62767156
>implying kids can do that
>>
>>62766966
>>62767000
Can you imagine when there's so many posts on here that post IDs are 180 numbers long, and someone gets 60 sets of triples in a row on a post and posts a picture of Vader pointing like le doubles man and writes execute order sixty trips? It will be hellla fucking epic and a real human bean for you XD
>>
>>62766980
Other than killing jedi and blowing up a planet that was HARBORING TERRORISTS and an enhanced interrogation of a terrorist princess the empire didn't really do anything wrong.

I mean sure, you can read some EU shit or watch that shitty rebels cartoon where they are holding off a planets rationsrations for a planet? what the forcedamn shit? but they never do anything really bad in the movies.
>>
>>62766930
The goongas got shrekt badly and were only saved by a retarded child blowing up the control ship.
>>
>>62767128
So the droid army stopping short of the gungan city and powering down is losing?
>>
>>62766342
The senate has to worry about how their constituents would feel.
>>
>>62767174
They held out and kept their city safe. They completed their objective and kept the enemy from completing their objective
>>
>>62767182
>gungans cant fight anymore
>jar jar surrenders
the GUNGANS lost

yeah, anakin blew the command ship up but saying the gungans won and were a superior fighting force to the clones is completely false
>>
>>62766342
The senate agreed to the plan because in phantom menace, Naboo almost fell because the senate took too long to take action (of course the whole thing was staged by Sheev). The senate is afraid that something like that might be repeated and lead to a major loss in time of war. They thought that in crisis, having a unified control under a leader would be better.
>>
>>62767106
Which totally makes sense because changing your entire political system is such a small change compared to creating an army.
>>
>>62767015
>brave
>war hero
>bridged the gap betwixt his planets two races of people
>been all over the galaxy
>friends with multiple jedi
>friends with a former queen and senator, padme
>close personal friend of sheev

We all know politics are mostly nepotism so his friendships went a long way.
>>
It makes sense that a galactic senate would be chaotic and confusing.
It takes representatives from thousands of different planets with different cultures and politics and asks them all the follow the same rules.
Shit was bound to fall apart.
>>
>>62767157
No one else on Naboo fit that criteria? What about that black guy or the older wiser Googan with whiskers at the battle? Boss Nass led the Goongans in the battle. Remember how Jar Jar was fucking the whole battle up and finally got captured? He doesn't even know how to ussa da booba.
>>
>>62767292
Jar Jar is a character we already know and remember. That's why it was him. Don't look for logic just shut up and sit down.
>>
why does all of /tv/ sound like kevin smith now? star wars is manchild garbage
>>
>>62767279
Lots of people fit the criteria of everything you just described

>be Jar Jar Binks
>fighting droids
>first sign of danger
>"I give up. I give up."

Seriously what the fuck. Who thought this guy was a good choice.
>>
>>62767312
>"My give up!"
ftfy
>>
>>62767312
>Lots of people fit the criteria of everything you just described

Name 16
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 540x960
>Phantom Menace just released
>cousin tells me that Jar Jar Binks eventually becomes ruler of the entire universe
>MFW he was partially correct

My cousin knew that Jar Jar was working with Sheev the whole time
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 792x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 792x599
The original CIS male
>>
>>62766342
palpatine was corrupting and building influence/power for years behind the scenes in the senate.

He just needed someone of unquestionable integrity to push the motion so the jedi didnt sniff out anything suspicious. He picked jar jar because he's too stupid to hide any ulterior motives.
>>
>>62767344
There's not even 16 speaking roles in the whole prequels, but okay, I'll try

1. The black guy on Naboo/head of the bodyguards
2. The stand in for Padme
3. The guy who pilots through the blockade
4. Invasion guy
5 - 14. The other people who were already in Padem's entourage
15. Boss Nass of the Goongans
16. The older Googan warrior
>>
>>62767403
Jar Jar was corrupting/building influence with the jedi for years while his apprentice took on more gullible stock
>>
>>62767415
The only character that you mentioned that would work is none of them. Good job!
>>
>>62767449
Star wars has been a big light hearted joke since episode 6. Lucas had little kids at the time and started making kid friendsly changes. The ewoks weren't supposed to fight and defeat the empire forces through guerilla tactics in the jungle, it was supposed to be wookies on kashyyk.
>>
>>62767449
All of those people were

>war veteran
>friends with Jedi

Which is basically all that Jar Jar is

Plus, those guys actually have real skills and as far as I know haven't put their tounge into laser beams
>>
Meesa don't like singles
>>
>>62767505
a big wookiee fight would be so awesome

did they even do anything in RotS?
>>
>>62766342
Was JarJar puling the strings all along?
>>
>>62767422
From wookiepedia:

Gungans were also known to produce Force-sensitive children and the Gungans Kin-Ya Dosun and Kosa-Yin Hadu served as members of the Jedi Order,[7] while the Gungan child Roo-Roo Page was considered as a candidate to receive Jedi training.[8] The Gungans relied on the semi-sentient mollusk Kresch for much of their knowledge on matters as varied as Gungan civilization and the fauna of Ohma-D'un. The Kresch was consulted by Gungans as an encyclopedia of sorts.[9]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gungan

yeah, i think lucas originally planned Jar Jar to be secretly force sensitive. Any force sensitive gungan who was sneaky enough could learn a ton of information from the Kresch, and the gungans did have some interaction with aliens from other worlds.
>>
>>62767374
Why was he evil again?

They never gave a super good reason for him to turn. He just kind of shows up

Why can't they establish any good villains in the prequels? In a New Hope within like 5 minutes Vader chokes a bitch and drops him and barks about getting plans.

Maul? Eh. He's there I guess. Oh his motivation? whatever.

Dooku? Well he used to be a jedi. Why did he turn? Uhh

Greivous? He's the big robot you are just hearing about now. I mean hes probably evil. I'm not sure what he wants either. Fill out his sword collection? Nice
>>
>>62767607
Why do the robots even need a general? Jedi said if they capture Greivous it would end the war.

What the fuck does Greivous even do that is general-like? I mean he's literally commanding robots programmed to follow orders. Was Nute Gunray a general? They captured him but it didn't do shit
>>
>>62767607
He was good but he was a realist who saw how grey things were. he knew the senate was corrupted by sith influence so he sided with the somewhat amoral fedoration to stop the senate.

Jedi were retards who saw everyone as 100% good or 100% evil so they didn't notice shit til they were rekt. The underlying ideas from the original script for the series were pretty good, lucas just went full hack so execution went to shit and had retarded characters like jar jar and greivous thrown in.
>>
>>62767607
Because the whole thing is retarded

He has an entire droid army he's commanding get wiped out by the clone army for some reason. Especially when you think that the clone army was in command of Sheev the whole time

So Dooku was fighting Chancellor Palpatine, for some reason. But at the same time Dooku was allied with Sheev Palpatine. And both of them wasted their armies on each other for really no purpose

We could have skipped Episode Two altogether
>>
>>62767742

if you don't find that a plausible storyline, you obviously don't follow the middle east much
>>
>>62767422
Le darth jar jar maymay
>>
from my point of view the jedi are the ones who are evil
>>
>>62767000
thank you for your order, sir.
>>
>>62767806
Explain
>>
>>62767950
Just look into all the Jedophile scandals with the younglings.
>>
>>62767607
Well, Grievous did have a scene where he cuts down a grill Jedi in front of Obi and Anakin. But it didn't make it into the movie.
>>
>>62767505
I thought he added the Ewoks cause it was too expensive to make a dozen or so Wookie suits.
>>
>>62768143
Classic Lucas.
>>
>>62766471
Unless Dellow Felegates is two curse/bad-words or a combined wordjoke in the gungan language, making jar-jar think (don't say it) then it makes no sense mixing "F" with "D" just because he ain't familiar with the language. You have to be phonetically retarded to make that sort of mix up. I can understand say "Dellow Delegates" or "Fellow Felegates" but I've never heard any human mix "f" with a "d" and vice versa in such a way Jar-Jar does. Why do people enjoy him? Is it because their glad he makes mistakes, making them look better than they are?
>>
>>62767721
>he knew the senate was corrupted by sith influence so he sided with the somewhat amoral fedoration to stop the senate.

But he was following orders from a Sith.
>>
File: 1447653738995.jpg (48 KB, 208x303) Image search: [Google]
1447653738995.jpg
48 KB, 208x303
>>62767000
>>
>>62767224
They were in the middle of being captured and/or killed when the droids shut down. Retard.
>>
>>62767025
>Senate in control leads to shit movies
But Sheev is the Senate.
>>
>>62768677
>I've never heard any human mix "f" with a "d" and vice versa in such a way Jar-Jar does.
jar jar is a goonga
>>
>>62766567
The gungans were about to lose until Anakin blew up the control ship and shut down all the droids.

Also, until the separatists withdrew, the clones were winning the Battle of Geonosis. In other words, the clones beat the droids in episode 2.

Are you sure you actually saw these movies?
>>
>>62769799

so basically the gungans served no purpose in the fight and died for literally no reason, they could have just stayed in hiding underwater like they did the rest of the movie
>>
File: 1416911515641.gif (875 KB, 178x195) Image search: [Google]
1416911515641.gif
875 KB, 178x195
>>62767364

What's wrong with her ass?
>>
>>62766856
this is the only thing that really makes the prequels explainable. Then it begs the question - why didn't he mind control into giving him the Senate right away? Cheeky lil Sheev
>>
>>62770166
its a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
>>
>>62770116
The gungans were a distraction to keep the theed palace mostly unguarded while Padme and Captain Pancake tried to capture the Viceroy.

Once again I must ask, did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>62770191

didn't need to do that either
>>
>>62767000
>nobody following those trips
kek
>>
>>62767607
He was a half-assed replacement for Sith Binks when George chickened out of his plot twist.
>>
>>62768109
That's because the dialog in that scene was so fucking awful that even George's autism saw it for what it was.
>>
>>62767569
Jar Jar is exactly as force sensitive in the films as Han Solo and R2D2.
>>
File: bazniggerz.jpg (42 KB, 492x656) Image search: [Google]
bazniggerz.jpg
42 KB, 492x656
>>62767000
nice trips
>>
Here's my question: why did Jar-Jar move his mouth like he was saying other peoples' lines while those other people were speaking? Why include that? If it were a one time thing I'd understand it as a funny coincidence and move on, but it did happen more than once.
>>
>>62770436

I have seen people (silently) mimic what others are speaking directly to them. I guess since Jar Jar is a bit slow he has to mouth what people are saying to keep up with the conversation.
>>
>>62769733
*gungan
>>
>>62768143
>We can make a dozen wookie suits or 2 dozen ewok suits
>>
Jar Jar is the key
>>
>>62770284
The gungans didn't need to but they did it anyway because they had formed an alliance with the humans who live in naboo and we're working together with them.

Why do you keep trying to criticize a movie that you've never seen?
>>
>>62767312
Jar Jar was french
>>
>>62770516
I thought it was Dexter Jester or whatever
>>
>>62770487
Sure, but exactly while they're speaking it?
It's a bit of a weirdly specific character trait for ILM to throw in.
>>
>>62770568
If he were French he'd have bombed the shit out of all of the droids.
>>
>>62766856
Aha. That's just excuses. The reality is much simpler - the prequels suck.
>>
Say what you want about the prequels but the soundtrack was godlike

https://youtu.be/4Tr1LK1Pgfc
>>
Literally everything in this thread is dumb and/or false.

>"we should give the supreme chancellor emergency powers because the senate will never agree to use clones"
>"okay"

>senate unanimously agrees to give supreme chancellor emergency powers in order to use clones instead of unanimously agreeing to use clones

how can you guys twist something so simple into something so stupid. they simply convinced the senate that the supreme chancellor should be in control of the clone army because of the separatist menace.

Jar Jar did it because he has seen the havoc and destruction that the CIS army caused first hand.

Jar Jar is representant for the gungans of Naboo. It's him because it has to be a Gungan and because he is a warhero and friend of the jedi.

The CIS forces win convincingly against the Gungan army. The whole notion that the gungans won and that this for some dumb bumfuck reason means that they are better than the GAR by association is beyond me.

>>62767607
>bah bah all the villains are shit!
Maul gets properly introduced as the alien sith apprentice. Doku gets properly introduced in episode 2, he even talks about his motivation. Greivious gets properly introduced in the animated series made by the guy who made samurai jack. It aired before Episode 3 hit the Cinemas and details his character and his motivations and even gives a reason for him being crippled and coughing all the time, Mace Windu crushes his chest with the force when Grievous escapes after kidnapping the Cancellor.

>>62767671
The droid army obviously needs sentient leaders to properly function. Aside from that obvious reason, Grievous actually isn't a great general, he doesn't have to be one tho because Palpatine is pulling the strings from the background, setting him and the trade federation leaders up for failure.

>>62767721
Count Dooku gets corrupted by his lust for power, the whole everythings grey thing is total projection on your part.
cont.
>>
File: We were good shitposters.png (195 KB, 634x281) Image search: [Google]
We were good shitposters.png
195 KB, 634x281
>>62768677
>but I've never heard any human mix "f" with a "d" and vice versa in such a way Jar-Jar does.
I do that sometimes.

>tfw med student
>tfw phonetically challenged
>tfw colleagues think you're retarded
>>
>>62770826
cont.

>>62767742
this guy legit doesn't understand why the Palpatine would want to set himself up as the good guy dictator, this has to be willful ignorance or never seen the movies.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Is this some kind of collective meme where everyone just spouts bullshit and it's supposed to be a funny? I get that the prequels don't live up to the originals, but damn some people here didn't even watch the prequels it seems. Give me a break here.
>>
>>62767607
Tbh I agree with you on the most part and I dislike the prequels as much as anyone else whose watched the Plinkett reviews; but the first time we see Darth Maul is when he's trying to kill Qui Gon so that's a clear indication he's bad
>>
>>62766342
Jar Jar really was the key to all this
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-05-13-59-06.png (951 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-05-13-59-06.png
951 KB, 1920x1080
You just KNOW
>>
>>62770883
English or latin words. The latter is excusable imo.
>>
>>62771147
>Excusable
Guess I can't be a doctor then.
>>
File: rolf harris.jpg (43 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
rolf harris.jpg
43 KB, 460x287
>>62770508
I meant what I said, bitch.
>>
>>62770826
Fuck off George
>>
Palpatine is Snoke
>>
The prequels are just a coma dream Ani is having on the operating table.
>>
>>62766342
the whole senate system was retarded, how can a yokel that only got his position through nepotism get enough power to influence the senate.

and why did the princess think appointing the retarded yokel would be a smart move.
>>
>>62766471
I never understood this. Why would Lucas introduce Felegates now after having heard nothing about him previously, and then we never hear about him again.
Dellow Felegates is actually so unknown that I can't even find a wiki page for him.
>>
>>62773081
Nope. It's Plagueis
>>
>>62773587
Poor quality humor.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.