[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we talk about star wars episodes 1-2-3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12
File: Geobattle.jpg (18 KB, 600x254) Image search: [Google]
Geobattle.jpg
18 KB, 600x254
ITT: we talk about star wars episodes 1-2-3
>>
They aren't very good.
>>
they are bad and i dindt like them
>>
>>62765354
they may have gone too far in a few places
>>
I saw them when I was young and had no sense of bad writing/acting/cgi so I loved story and now my nostalgia allows me to like them
>>
I wish I was a space princess.

What would you do if you were a space princess in the Star Wars universe?
>>
The political stuff is confusing and I don't think even Lucas knows what actually happened there.
>>
>>62765354
Outside jar jar I like 1, still had that adventure charm.

2 is a hilarious mess, that pasta about the assassination attempt sums it up. Across the stars is a fantastic piece of music though

3 felt like it's was just phoning it in. It's no where near as bad as 2 and didn't have an overly annoying character like jar jar, but it was dull and boring. Just tying up loose ends. Sidious is fun to watch though.
>>
>>62765473
This. I really enjoy the clone wars cartoon for this reason. Glad I get nostalgia so I can really enjoy that stuff.
>>
i think Phantom Menace is the best of the three, it's the one that reminds me more of the original trilogy. Episode II and III are a cringe fest with too many CGI and light saber fights and stuff that doesn't separate them from shit movies like Transformers
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 600x593
>>62765700
It's funny, when I saw The Phantom Menace, I never thought that the sequels would be worse.

Part of the problem is that the prequels are for kids aged 5-10. You can watch them with them, but not with your friends.

The larger problem is that many necessary scene set-ups were cut from Episode II's running time. That means that when Dooku appears it's practically the first time anyone has heard of him.

If they ever add a scene to the Phantom Menace, like a commendation of Jar-Jar, maybe they can reference the Count in some capacity as well.
>>
File: latest.png (69 KB, 200x403) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
69 KB, 200x403
clone troopers were the best thing to come out of the prequels.
>>
>/cape/
>>
>I hate the prequels because the internet tells me to: the thread
>>
File: ok.png (64 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
64 KB, 200x200
>>62765491
shoot people, be sassy + all that, get saved and captured a few times, always the center of attention, put into a slave outfit and get raped who wouldn't want to?
>>
>>62765630
What pasta?

How the fuck did I miss that? Or did I forget?

Someone post, pl0x?
>>
I liked and disliked different things from each movie but overall, I enjoyed them and have watched them several times.
>>
File: 1260738896942.jpg (149 KB, 555x453) Image search: [Google]
1260738896942.jpg
149 KB, 555x453
>>62765354

>Episode I

I really like the way this movie looks for the most part. Lots of sets, lots of scenes shot on location, lots of models, used film, etc... It also has fucking amazing sound design, the pod-race alone sells the design / VFX / Audio. The story is pretty garbage and the characters are all cardboard cutouts but Liam Neeson puts on a pretty convincing show as an experienced and confident Jedi.

>Episode II

I thought coruscant was pretty well fleshed out minus the 50's diner part and I really liked the whole setup and scene where Anakin murders sand people. Him riding out alone into the desert, gathering information, hunting down and ultimately exterminating a whole tribe of sand people was pretty well executed. However the rest of the movie is a disaster and compared to Episode I the effects don't hold up.

>Episode III

I feel like I'm in the minority that I actually feel that Episode III is the worst of the prequels. Yes the story moves but it is so fucking rushed and slapped together and because of the previous two films we don't care about anything and this whole grand ending feels fucking awful. It also looks worse than Episode I.
>>
C3po's "humor" in AOTC's finale is unforgivabley cringe inducing. Forgot how awful it was until recently watching the series.
>>
Episodes 1, 2, and 3 are strange. For the most part they are a cluttered boring mess but there are small glimmers of hope in there. Just a few scenes or ideas that could have made a good story/movie if only Lucas had chose to focus on those instead. I think that is why so many people hate them. If they were total shit and just a plain cash in like the hobbit movies they would have been pushed to the way side and ignored like those were by now.

George Lucas is a pretty good idea man but like most idea men a good 3/4s of his ideas are garbage an no one was willing to tell him that.
>>
>>62766580
I don't have it and I can't believe no one has pasted it yet, but it's of obi wan telling luke about the assassination attempt on padame while point out who stupid the plot points of it are.
>>
[podracing sounds]
>>
>>62765354
Man, you faggots seriously dont have anything else to talk about on /tv/ ? same bullshit threds on here
>star wars threads
>meme threads
>walking pleb threads
$mh senpai
>>
They had interesting designs and ideas but poor story execution.
>>
File: 1447196294986.jpg (858 KB, 2388x593) Image search: [Google]
1447196294986.jpg
858 KB, 2388x593
>>62766464
>Prequels came out
Why didn't they open the movie with the ending instead?
I asked that when i was a kid, i wondered why it seemed to weird and different, i wondered why they didn't just do what they did before?

If those movies began with their endings instead, there's alot more substance to dig into, Phantom Menace, the saga begins,the mystery of the dark jedi is a clear and present threat because Obi-Wans master got killed right away, Anakin is accepted to be trained, a solid intro movie where he explains everything
Attack of the Clones, opens with a trade federation factory being discovered, the clone army drops in, war begins, and we see clones throughout the movie, the jedi try to investigate the clone army which leads them closer to Sidious. Revenge of the Sith Anakin is Vader right away, climactic battle with Obi-Wan where they stop the Empire from total victory right then and there, for there to be new hope
Just because people have bad things to say about it doesn't mean it's just regurgitated plinkett reviews
>>
>>62766766

The prequel films are also propped up by a lot of other media related to them that is often far better. I mean the pod-race is even more special to a lot of children from the early 90's because the N64 Pod Racing game was phenomenal. The clone wars animated series (both) are far better than the prequels and lots of people enjoyed those, there were some good prequel books, and in general Star Wars as a franchise slugged off the weight of the disappointing prequels without a whole lot of hassle because the other 90% of it is just that endearing to so many people.

It's like how Legacy EU faggots can still get raging boners about Thrawn, Corran Horn, and Kyle Katarn and not be bothered by shit like The Crystal Star, Darksaber, or Luuke.
>>
>>62766911
They're not better than the prequels.
You just have a lower bar for judging cartoons and videogames that you don't even notice.
>>
File: good idea clone trooper.webm (3 MB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
good idea clone trooper.webm
3 MB, 640x362
LOL
>>
>>62766949

>They're not better than the prequels.

They're certainly way the fuck better at telling a coherent story than the prequels.
>>
>>62767067
They're also better at blasting rockets through elevator windows.
>>
>>62767010
Loved the style of those cartoons with exception of them making Palpatine look like he's a 3000 year old turkey.
>>
>>62766799
No one gives a shit about your Walking Dick garbage, senpai. Talking about the prequels will never get boring.
>>
>>62765354
Is Binks a sith?
>>
>>62766799
they're virgins what do you expect.
>>
>>62767010
No recoil?
>>
>>62767198
kek, this.
>>
>>62767216
go watch a video of an RPG being fired. there is 0 recoil with them
>>
>>62765354
What game is this?
>>
I rewatched episode 1. Surprisingly entertaining. Midichlorians aren't even that bad desu. Post your face when Kylo Ren is just an edgelord at the beginning of 7, until he works out how to change one's midichlorian level and gives himself force sensitivity and then kills Luke.
>>
File: 1435879728487[1].jpg (7 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
1435879728487[1].jpg
7 KB, 187x250
>>62766580

Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you I fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all, but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms (not the robot) in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his tiny jetpack. Luckily for the senator, my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. And he was a good friend.
>>
Best part of prequels
>>
>>62767830

Greivous should get an animated prequel where he kills a bunch of shit jedi.
>>
>>62767667
Star Wars Battlefront 2, the Geonosis Level.

Battlefront 1 was fun but Battlefront 2 rocked my ass so hard. I'm actually kind of excited for the new one. I played Battlefront 2 for so long that I saw grenade alerts in my dreams.
>>
>>62767768
>but it already bought the bugs

It gets me everytime
>>
>>62767735

>wordfilters on /tv/
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 720x406
Post your favorite background Jedi. Explain why it's Kit Fisto
>>
>shit fisto
>gets btfo'd by sheev
>>
File: 1427856827077.jpg (148 KB, 962x755) Image search: [Google]
1427856827077.jpg
148 KB, 962x755
>>62768017
Plo Koon
>>
>>62767010
Grievous was so menacing in the cartoon and I loved when he was onscreen, it was a huge disappointment to see him go out like that.
>>
>>62765491
I would hope you'd try not to be such a faggot
>>
>>62768254
Do or do not ...
There is no try
>>
>>62765700
It was also filmed instead of being shot digitally, which gives it a similar look to the OT
>>
File: rip.png (133 KB, 621x361) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
133 KB, 621x361
>>62768138
Right? Taking on 6 Jedi at once, just a normal day for him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
>>
Hating the prequels is just a meme. Also I have an IQ of potato and my parents are brother and sister.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.