[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck were those forcefield doors even there for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11
File: forcefields.webm (904 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
forcefields.webm
904 KB, 854x480
What the fuck were those forcefield doors even there for?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 552x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 552x269
Security, like an electric fence. Apparently they were high powered but had to cycle off an on due to the intensity.

This is according to the autistic Wookie
>>
Shame he didn't...you know...force run.
>>
>>62760624
to protect the generators from intruders
>>
>>62760624

to further the plot point that Liam Neeson dies
>>
>>62760705

>Security, like an electric fence. Apparently they were high powered but had to cycle off an on due to the intensity.

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So would a door thats locked half the time be secure? What if it was locked super good for the locked half?
>>
>>62760813

Who is gonna intrude in a hanger bay generator? And for what purpose? What's wrong with laser turrets?
>>
>>62760705
What kind of retarded security is that? All you need to do is wait five seconds for it to shut off before walking past each force field.
>>
>>62760624
why didn't he use his special super-fast jedi dash like they did on the Trade Federation ship to get to the other side in time?
>>
Because how else would Qui-Gon die?
>>
insurance reasons, some worker could claim he wandered in there justifiably and fell into that bottomless pit.
>>
>>62760884
sword fighting hooligans, of course.
>>
>>62760624
>explicit superspeed shown at beginning of movie when escaping droidekas
>conveniently forgets to use it here

These movies are crap, no sense in try to find internal logic
>>
>>62760931
the designer never thought of that, obviously
>>
>>62760943
Having several force field barriers that can presumably disintegrate any type of matter constantly opening and closing seems far, far more dangerous.
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (13 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
13 KB, 214x317
>>62761035
>the designer never thought of that, obviously
>>
>>62761051

I don't think they're disintegration fields but rather force fields.
>>
>>62760705
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_gate

>The generators were unable to keep up the immense energy needed to power the gates, and so they would cycle on and off approximately every five minutes. Each gate remained open for only around ten seconds before cycling on again.

why didn't they just have fewer gates? or a door?
>>
>>62761035
top kek
>>
>>62760705
But... wouldn't that defeat the entire purpose of having security fences in the first place?
>>
>>62760624

we've already established that jedis can force dash

https://youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q?t=2m43s

why did Obi Wan kill his master?
>>
File: because.jpg (99 KB, 640x1442) Image search: [Google]
because.jpg
99 KB, 640x1442
What the fuck is anything in Star Wars even there for?
>>
>>62760624
Why didn't Obi-Wan use his superspeed?

Why did Darth Maul try stabbing his lightsaber through the forcefield instead of trying to damage the unprotected emitter?
>>
>>62761175
How could that huge ass power generation room not keep the lights on ?
>>
>>62761241
>why did Obi Wan kill his master?

Will of the force senpai, it's like poetry
>>
File: never.jpg (107 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
never.jpg
107 KB, 400x400
>>62761175
That's... that's bordering on satire.
>>
>>62761175
Probably would have been better to have 1 or 2 of them powered contentiously rather than 6 of them having to cycle on and off.
>>
>>62760813
>right so we've created some forcefields to protect the generator, but we can't really afford to keep all of them running at the same time, what should we do?
>what if we just keep them off but install a low energy movement detector that'll turn them on if something is deteceted?
>nah we spent all the budget on the forcefields
>well what if we only keep a couple on until the empire gives us that tax break and we can afford to keep them on at all times
>that would look silly, I know, let's have them pulse on and off in a predictable pattern! That will look cool and be pretty effective
>dude, you're a genius!
>>
I thought about it and the only purpose a system like that would have would be to selectively Chanel gas.
>>
>>62761175
15 years later and I'm still learning stuff that makes the prequels even worse
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>62761241
>that sneaky edit at the end

That really was a shitty 'joke' to have Obi Wan say. Lucas is terrible.
>>
What was the point of where Luke and Vader fought with that huge hole open to the ground?
>>
>>62761175
so was the entire generator just built to power up those doors?
>>
>>62761241
So if the Trade Federation had been smart enough to have the droidekas waiting in front of the room they were gassing the Jedi would have been fucked right?
>>
and why was there a pit in the middle with not even a warning sign, and why was there so many bridges with no hand rails? everything in that place seemed like a death sentence
>>
>>62761241
Why didn't they just make the laser doors out of droidekas?
>>
>>62761241
i asked myself the question when i saw this shit like 15 years ago.
>>
>>62762510
I think the rest of the station gets 10 seconds of power every 5 minutes while the doors are cycling
>>
>>62762572
that applies to every Star Wars mile-high city ever
>>
>>62762460

That at least made sense since it was inside the core of a city in the clouds.
>>
>>62762460

There is no OSHA in star wars
>>
>>62761241
Why didn't they just use their superspeed to stab the destroyers while they were taking like 10 seconds to roll down the hall, unfold their bodies, and activate their shields?
>>
>>62762981
Why didn't the eagles just fly Quigon and Obiwon to Mustafar?
>>
Is that Liam Neeson?
>>
>>62764401
Oh yeah man. Star wars is a pretty big piece of shit. It only gained popularity because it came out in the late 70's and something like that that was that well produced was a huge novelty.

But the story is shit. The characters are shit. The acting is shit. Its all shit aside from how shiny it is because of all the money put into it.
>>
>>62760624
When I was a kid I thought it was like a venting system where excess power from the generator would periodacaly need to be discharge.
>>
>>62760740
lel seriously. they already established early in the movie that jedi can run stupidly fast. obi wan definitely should have been able to get through in time
>>
Why weren't there any railings along the walkways? It seems like a huge occupational safety risk.
>>
>>62765009
Only droids worked in the generator chambers
>>
>>62764830

>Liam 'Pee Some' Neeson
>>
>>62760624
To create dramatic tension.
>>
File: 1428986067013.jpg (37 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1428986067013.jpg
37 KB, 500x480
is there anything in these movies that is actually logical?
>>
>>62765200
Sheev's plan made sense in the broadest of strokes

>Fuel separatist tendencies
>Have the Senate give you emergency powers
>Establish Dictatorship
>>
>>62765351
Basic divide and conquer strategy that worked pretty well. They could have presented it a lot more clearly in the movies, though.
>>
>>62764830
Liam Neeson was so despondent after filming the Phantom Menace that he seriously considered leaving the acting profession. Working with Lucas was that bad of an experience
>>
>>62765405
The part where it goes full retard is when Robot guy abducts Sheev in the beginning of Ep3

That shit made no sense
>>
>>62765068
Droids are expensive though, and the ones we've seen in these movies tend to be pretty wobbly and clumsy
>>
>>62765408
Yeah, he hated it so much he agreed to do an episode of the Clone Wars. For the record he actually liked his character.
>>
>>62765405
one of the main complaints i heard back in the day about the prequels was how "there was too much politic stuff I didn't get"
>>
>>62760624
They're containment fields, right?

That's what they were in KotOR 2.
>>
>>62765450
he wanted Anakin to kill Dooku
>>
>>62765351
What was terrifying to the Republic about planets becoming independent? If a country left the EU or UN we wouldn't declare war on it.
>>
>>62765450
Yes, three had the most confusing bit. I think it's was supposed to mirror Luke facing Vader in III. It's essentially when Sheev gains control of Anakin. He tells him to execute Dooku which is against the Jedi way. Honestly, there was a lot of good stuff in these movies but it was presented terribly on multiple levels.
>>
>>62765498
The Republic is Space America. Joining is voluntary, but if you try to leave later they'll burn down your space plantations and emancipate your droids
>>
>>62765497
Yeah but so much could go wrong with that bit it boggles the mind.

What if Robot guy was like "Fuck the Jedi are here execute Sheev."
>>
>>62765498
Trade routes. It would hurt the financial stability of the core. Mind you this is why a lot people hate the prequels. The plot isn't presented in a way that makes it easy to understand. A lot of it is like Foundation. The idea that the core is reliant on the outer planets is well established in those books though.
>>
>>62764401
I always hate these reply to everything posts. In every individual post this replied to, I think there is a different reply, but nope. They all lead here.
>>
>>62765571
Dooku knew Sheev was Sidious, he would never let that happen
>>
>>62765498
>What was terrifying to the Republic about planets becoming independent

Ask Ukraine.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 640x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 640x418
>>62765200
You were right about one thing, Mister Lucas... It is stylistically designed to be this way.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
>>62765637
"...."
>>
>>62765576
you're welcome
>>
>>62765450
shoehorned to show sheev has a darker influence over anakin and to tie up the dooku storyline because it couldn't go anywhere else and because they could introduce Grievous and sell more toys.

Grievous sold more merch than fucking Dooku. Kids don't want an old white guy action figure, they want the Half human droid who has 4 colorful lightsabers
>>
>>62765703

It all makes sense now. Every decision in these movies is done from a purely marketing standpoint
>>
What exactly was the place they were fighting in? A power generator? What was it generating power for? That place was like 20 cathedrals put together.
>>
>>62765703
Yeah but you could have done this in a dozen more sensible way.

Ep3 should have really been about the Republic becoming more and more authoritarian, with Clonetroopers beating up ant-war protesters and killing civilian separatist, everything culminating in the Jedi actually rebelling against Sheev and the senate. And not this epic ruse were Sheev frames the Jedi
>>
>>62765775
Probably Theed's central power station.
>>
>>62760740

he obviously used his "mana" or whatever jedis have to force jump earlier in the fight

fucking normies reeee etc
>>
>>62765791
That would have been much better and made more sense, but it would have meant deviating from the "a single villain and his circle of buddies are responsible for everything bad in the universe" model that Lucas likes.
>>
>The doors guard the generator room.
>The generator room powers the door.
>The doors cycle because the generator turns off, so there's nothing left to guard.
>The the generator turns off because it doesn't need to power the doors anymore.
It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>62764921
Makes more sense than security
>>
>>62762981
Why didn't all the Jedi just run around super-fast and just carve up all the droids at the Colosseum battle? Imagine how awesome that would look to see like 500 Jedi just sprint around in a blur, sending a hurricane of droid parts in ever direction while they all go ROGER ROGER as they get destroyed
>>
File: BiowarepitchesTOR2.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BiowarepitchesTOR2.webm
2 MB, 640x480
Because fuck you that's why.
>>
>>62764860
>Its all shit aside from how shiny it is because of all the money put into it.

The original Star Wars was made on a budget of $11 million. That's $43 million adjusted for inflation. It wasn't a high-budget movie.
>>
>>62766383
holyl shit, youtube link to george getting mad?
>>
>>62760624
Did everyone else watch The Phantom Menace today too? I mean, I get that there are tons of SW threads everyday but this is queer as fuck.
>>
It's a kids movie, it's supposed to be dumb
>>
Star Wars is a movie for children. Are you a child?
>>
>>62766383
What is happening?
>>
>>62766419
Robot Chicken
>>
>>62766383
what is the source for this hahaha
>>
>>62760836
>>62760937

Why not just have Maul best them in straight-up combat?

Or better yet, have Maul ambush them from the start. Qui-Gon could've died suddenly after five seconds of fighting, leaving Obi-wan to tackle Maul by himself.
>>
>>62766427
I watched it last night. No idea why, I was just suddenly grabbed by the impulse. It's still really shit.
>>
>>62766438
>>62766441
>>62766483
It's Lucas pretending to get mad.
>>
>>62761837
>empire

It was still a republic, dickwad. If you're gonna talk shit, do it right.
>>
>>62766427
I watched it two days ago.
>>
>>62760624
Adding tension to a movie that otherwise had none.
Qui Gon meditating while Maul paced like a hungry tiger was the best scene of that movie.
>>
>>62765703
>human
>>
>>62764860
tbf the costumes are pretty good.

thats about it. I dont care for star wars though
>>
File: Tractor beam.png (292 KB, 800x476) Image search: [Google]
Tractor beam.png
292 KB, 800x476
The prequels always get selectively shat on for their retarded shit, but no one ever bothers pointing the same stuff out in the original movies.

WHY THE FUCK would you have a gigantic room with seemingly unlimited space and yet only be able to create one single short walkway in that room and have the tractor beam controls face OPPOSITE of that walkway so that every time someone wants to control the tractor beam, they need to very carefully hug the wall and move clockwise through a ledge?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg
>>
>>62768285
It's pretty logical to assume tat this wasn't nowhere near the main control for operating the tractor beam. This was probably the manual override which would be used as a last resort when all other ways to control it through various control rooms and computers in them failed, they'd probably send some poor maintenance guy/engineer to do it, you know to "close the valve in that dark, wet basement".
>>
>>62765351
Isn't that literally what Hitler did?
>>
>>62761017
I always thought he'd overshoot it and go straight down the pit.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.