[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who is No. 1?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: no6.jpg (185 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
no6.jpg
185 KB, 1000x750
who is No. 1?
>>
You are, number 6.
>>
Who does No. 2 work for?
>>
is this good?
dropped after 3 eps, too annoying, couldn't handle it anymore
>>
>>
>>62757905
Maximum pleb
The first 7 or 8 are the best episodes, then theres a bunch of shit they were forced to write to make the season longer, then the last couple are great again.
>>
File: 573-23275.gif (61 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
573-23275.gif
61 KB, 320x240
Who does number 2 work for?!
>>
Who is your favorite episodes?

Mine was the one where they display No.6's dreams on the monitor.
>>
>>62760901
That one and The Schizoid Man are probably my favorites.
>>
>>62760901
I enjoyed that Western one
>>
Need to watch this due to the maiden's song.
>>
Was he REALLY captured, or was this just a loyalty test conducted by MI5 to make sure that he wouldn't sell out to the other side after he resigned?
>>
>>62762193
god that song is fucking GOAT

literally came to this thread just to say that
>>
>>62762273
>Was he REALLY captured, or was this just a loyalty test conducted by MI5 to make sure that he wouldn't sell out to the other side after he resigned?

6 explained his reasons for resigning at the time. It was just a matter of morality, the specifics don't matter, but he was sick of the job and the kind of work he did. He resigned and was planning on vacationing in the tropics for a few months. MI5 and the others are really paranoid though, so they never let guys like that go. So they put him on The Island to figure out why he resigned, even though he already explained it. Since 6 is pissed and hates them he never bothers to try to explain them that they already have the mundane answer.
>>
>>62760901
Hammer and Anvil, take THAT no 2
>>
>>62762508
And yet, at the very end of the final episode, #2 and #6 go their separate ways in the middle of downtown London as if none of it ever happened....
>>
>>62760901
Dance of the Dead
>>
>>62762669

Final Episode is weird. Everything after 6 goes down the elevator is weird for the sake of being weird and may or may not have happened.
>>
File: The Prisoner.png (1 MB, 972x972) Image search: [Google]
The Prisoner.png
1 MB, 972x972
>>62757512
I recently watched it and I must say, on the surface I liked it a lot, lots of the episodes explored some cool, weird concepts but still kept the intensity and action, so you were constantly engaged. It also had a good sense of visual design despite the obvious limitations of technology at the time and budget a tv series could afford. I was slightly dissapointed by the fact that it was supposed to be screwy and surreal, which it didn't seem to be for a long time, but I assumed at one point it's just going to be the last episode. So, when that finally came I was pleasently suprised. It was crazy as hell, masks, big reveal, beatles music, cool shit all around.

So then I tried to dig in a bit deeper. What was the reveal supposed to mean? Didn't really take to long to forge my own interpretation, so I looked around the web and seems most people think similarly. The whole village was a dream/hallucination/metaphor supposed to represent nr. 6's decision to resign or not. He is nr. 1 because it all takes place in his mind. On the one hand he wants to resign, hence his escapes, on the other he doesn't hence he's always caught.

Honestly, this is a bit dissapointing. First of all it basically shoves it down to a it was a dream ending. Second of all, not much going on in the show connects to that theory. The Prisoner was followed by lots of similar surreal, psychological dramas like nge, the maxx, twin peaks, carnivale, lain or haibane renmei. In most of those at least a large part of the elements served to create a larger whole, which you realise even more after you rewatch most of them. In the Prisoner, you could have a different ending and nothing would really serve the theory. You could have a different ending and still easily make it a consistent story.
>>62760901
Besides the last one I liked the mind swapping one a lot and the one where he makes one of the nr. 2s go paranoid.
>>
>>62762766
>weird for the sake of being weird
as if that's a bad thing. Are comedies bad for being funny, horrors for scaring you or dramas for making you sad?
>>
>>62761699
>>62763301
>the western one
>the one written to cover up the fact that McGoohan was busy filming a movie

I'm pretty surprised to see these as favorites. I considered these two and the bedtime story one to be the low points of the show.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.