[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck, who /hype/ for David O Russell's next masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: joy.jpg (458 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
joy.jpg
458 KB, 800x1185
Holy fuck, who /hype/ for David O Russell's next masterpiece?

"The film follows Joy Mangano, a single mother of three children, through four generations as she builds her business empire after creating the Miracle Mop."

The thought of JLaw talking about mops makes me chuckle.
>>
>>62753128
Sounds like a shittier Dancer in the Dark.
>>
>director uses the exact same actors in every movie

hate this meme
>>
>>62753128
>jennifer lawrence and bradley cooper
why are they always in the same movies?
>>
>>62753128
Cooper Lawrence...again!?
>>
File: I-shat-myself.gif (2 MB, 310x243) Image search: [Google]
I-shat-myself.gif
2 MB, 310x243
>>62753194
>>62753231
>Cooper, Lawrence, de Niro - my meme trifecta
>>
>>62753170
>>62753194
>>62753231
I hate David O. Russell too, but it's only been his last three movies guys. Calm down.
>>
>>62753170

If they know people they work well with, why shouldn't they take the opportunity to work together whenever they can? Many great directors have had stellar long-term collaborations with great actors, such as Kurosawa & Mifune or Bergman & von Sydow.
>>
David O. Russell is one of the worst "big name" directors. He fucking sucks. Hollow, Oscar bait trash.
>>
>>62753610

I wouldn't say he sucks but his films are horribly overrated and always have been. Silver Linings Playbook was fucking terrible though.
>>
Spanking the Monkey: Haven't seen

Flirting with Disaster: Haven't seen

Three Kings: Excruciatingly self-congratulatory message (Media = good. Military = bad). Fairly lackluster performances from everyone involved. Comedy starts out okay but gradually gets worse and more out of place. Spike Jonze is a terrible actor.

I Heart Huckabees: Haven't seen

The Fighter: Carried by Christian Bale's performance and the subject matter itself. Fights are intensely competent. Great comedy in bursts. Probably my favorite movie of his.

Silver Linings Playbook: Boring. Insufferable characters who shout a lot which I guess is meant to be "authentic". Admired it as a love letter to Philly and other south Jersey types, but those people are left alone for a reason. Decent soundtrack.

American Hustle: A travesty of bloated egos, and nearly everybody involved is guilty of this: David O. Russell who thinks authenticity means the gaudiest costumes imaginable with every iconic song from the 70s shoehorned in. Christian Bale who thinks imitating Robert DeNiro is the fast track to a "standout performance". Jennifer Lawrence who phones it in and doesn't even try to stay with her "accent" because she knows everyone's just gonna kiss her ass regardless. Bradley Cooper who thinks he can steal every scene he's in by acting unstable in the most "stagey" way possible. The only people exempt are Renner and Adams, who don't exactly underperform, though it's still nothing worth writing home about.
>>
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-zap-ent-david-russell-groping-story.html
>>
The critics love David O Russell

So that just makes you guys plebs so that's ok
>>
>>62754080
I love the story of him choking out Nolan.
>>
it looks bad desu

but I didn't care for Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle so what do I know
>>
>>62754098
Critics rated Wolf of Wall Street lower, but the average rating is higher.
>>
>>62754080

>Peloquin also says Russell made her "pinky swear" about the breast-touching.

Jared Fogle would be proud.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.