[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones Netflix series is more than good superhero TV.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 15
File: Capture.png (442 KB, 1116x812) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
442 KB, 1116x812
>Jones is tormented by events from her past which are far more terrifying than anything that fascist crybaby in Gotham City ever had to endure.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/jessica-jones/250573/jessica-jones-review-spoiler-free

JUST
>>
I foresee a lot of great discussion about film and television in this thread!
>>
>fascist crybaby

What a faggot this writer is
>>
I really hope you guys don't watch this feminist trash.
>>
>>62752336

I'm going to watch day 1.
>>
File: even.png (445 KB, 691x465) Image search: [Google]
even.png
445 KB, 691x465
>>62752283

>tfw i'm actually interested in this show but i'm going to have to weather countless inflammatory feminist editorials about how JJ is superior in every way cause she a guuuuurrrrrlllllll
>>
>This is special....in the year 2015, we're finally seeing quality programming featuring my personal favorite pairing: a white woman with a black man. As I binge watched the episodes with tears of joy in my eyes, I felt my white privilege checking itself constantly and I knew I was in for one hell of a ride. From the comfort of my shed, I could even peek out into my wife's living room and see life imitating art. This is a golden age, people....the white man is like a box full of old comics going for 30cents apiece at the flea market; not quite worthless, but pretty close.
>>
File: 1447050312504.jpg (12 KB, 214x279) Image search: [Google]
1447050312504.jpg
12 KB, 214x279
Jesus fucking christ, can there not be a female lead show without everyone whining and making comparisons to other superheroes to attempt to justify a fictional character's existence?

I mean goddamn, feminists bitch about no one respecting women but maybe people might fucking respect women a little more if they didn't just try to act like men whenever they want to be taken seriously. Can't they live on their own path without constant comparisons to other people?
>>
>>62752534
The manufactured SJW hype for this show isn't because the main character is a woman. It's because the she gets raped by the villain and the plot of the show is her trying to deal with it and then brining him down. You're in for the most hamfisted tumblr show of all time m8.
>>
File: Oy vey DAS RAYCISS.gif (278 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
Oy vey DAS RAYCISS.gif
278 KB, 255x216
>>62752283
>Calling the little Jew boy from Gotham a fascist

How problematic.
>>
>>62752325
Underrated post
>>
It's funny how nobody gives a shit about this show IRL. Just Internet clucks.
>>
>that fascist crybaby in Gotham City

I don't know what this means. Who?
>>
>>62752283
>chick show

Dropped.
>>
>>62752283
>denofgeek

Wow, they're such nerds just like me! I bet they love all the capeshit shows so I better like them too!
>>
>Brian
>Michael
>bendis
Fucking
Dropped
>>
>Mike Cucchini
>>
BIG
>>
BLACK
>>
COCK
>>
>>62752336
not even the slightest chance, my knowledge of it will be limited to discussions and youtube clips posted here

this show is pushing an agenda and is thus full of shit and the story does not interest me at all
>>
I wonder how /tv/ would react if movies like alien or terminator were made today
>IT'S ANTI-WHITE MALE PROPAGANDA MADE BY DA JOOS, DON'T WATCH IT
>>
>>62752283
>spoiler free review
nigga if the show is out it will instantly be on ettv so you can watch it yourself
>>
>>62752283
this is a comic book show. saying its not a comic book show is implying that a comic book can not reach that level or that you are an idiot who has some fixed view of a comic book show
>>
>>62754267
Those movies weren't pushing the kike SJW agenda, you retarded child. It was just kikes making money as always.
>>
>>62753111
as far as I recall she never brings him down. he is a lot more powerful than her and she just hopes to never hear from him. also im not sure but she ends up accidentally setting him free from jail
>>
>>62754267
>Implying Alien isn't SJW propaganda

Watched it recently and it's nothing but pure liberal propaganda
>muh strong female who need no man
>muh strong aliens which is a clear reference to the "aliens", illegal immigrants who are phisically stronger than the whites
>muh dynamic lights

Really, that movie looks like a crappy PSONE game
>>
If you get triggered by a tv show that has a black guy and a white woman together, you're a virgin. It's not even up for dispute
>>
>>62754502
How can I be a virgin if I was nailing your mom last night
>>
Umm hey VIRGINS
The comic book it's based off of also had a sexy white woman having rough sex with a jacked black guy while a whiteboy character cries in the apartment next door, masturbating to the sound of their fucking.

So I don't know how you could be remotely triggered by this. It's %100 true to the comic, so that makes it ok
>>
>>62754242

>this show is pushing an agenda

BISH WHET
>>
>>62754502
what if Im a black virgin?
>>62754622
cunts like you make it insufferable
>>
>>62754615
Because my mom is black. Problematic race mixing cukk I'm triggered back to reddit jidf bane what did he mean by this
>>
>>62754685
There's no such thing as a black virgin. Being a virgin past the age of 16 is only something white neckbeards on /pol/ have to deal with
>>
>>62752889
Worst thing is she doesn´t even have super powers or any gimmick at all. if you have to draw comparisions between her and capeshit she would normally be Commissioner Gordon. Not even Batman because he at least has ridiculous training and gadgets.
>>
>>62754777
This. When you're naturally virile and take what you want, no woman can stand against you.
>>
>>62754267
Sometimes they're too preachy. If you want to waste your time you should watch the second season of Penny Dreadful.
Everytime they had to say "thye never care about women", "girls can do it" and other stuff.
To have an idea, the good witch gives abortions and is hated by the men. The bad witch married and had daughters while using her husband to destroy the good witch.
To beat the bad witch, Eva Green needs to give up her dream of marrying and having kids.
>>
>>62752283
Does he mean Gotham villains or Batman? Did this fucker call Batman a fascist over some minor Marvel character? Clickbait is sad, it means you have no actual value when it comes to the content of your writing.
>>
>>62755236
She does have superpowers.
>>
>>62752330
who does the writer mean by that? Fucking Batman?
>>
>>62752283
Mudsharks and niggers, lol no.
>>
Batman, or street vigilants who take law in their over hand, in general, are inherently proto-fascists.

The Dark Knight Returns ending up basically with Batman setting up his own Blackshits, because police and elected representatives are not good enough is telling.

It is pretty much privatization of law enforcement, a very right wing thing.
>>
>>62752653
Kek 10/10 anon.
>>
I really hate how desperate this guy is to justify liking capeshit. If its good you don't need to keep going on about how "it's not just a comic book show" and also if its based on a comic book its a comic book show. History of Violence is a comic book movie.
>>
File: c3yZoM7.png (1018 KB, 888x667) Image search: [Google]
c3yZoM7.png
1018 KB, 888x667
>>62752283
>fascist crybaby in Gotham City
>>
File: Nightwing rape.jpg (509 KB, 2049x1615) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing rape.jpg
509 KB, 2049x1615
>>62752283
The funny thing is Batman has been raped more than Jessica. And most of his friends have too.
>>
File: Barb Wire (1996).jpg (144 KB, 1131x1612) Image search: [Google]
Barb Wire (1996).jpg
144 KB, 1131x1612
>>62752283
Is it better than Barb Wire, though?
>>
File: 1426235431705.jpg (4 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
1426235431705.jpg
4 KB, 261x195
>>62756692
hot
>>
>>62755236
She has lower-tier super-strength. Above Captain America, below Thor or Hulk. Around Spiderman-tier.
>>
File: 1370028917138.gif (808 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1370028917138.gif
808 KB, 207x207
Daredevil was fucking awesome, one of the best shows I've seen in a long time and I have high hopes for this show, Luke Cage and Iron Fist
>>
It sucks that I won't be able to talk about this show on here because of "le kek meme xD".
>>
>more than good superhero TV. It's just good TV.
It is nice to see even bloggers admit that capeshit is generally a lot worse than other stuff.
>>
File: progress.png (292 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
292 KB, 620x300
>>62756692
Male rape is DC's domain. In a way, that is more progressive than what Marvel's doing
>>
The author is fucking retarded. It is LITERALLY an adaptation of one specific comic book. And Comics are a medium, not a genre.
>>
File: Bendis.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
Bendis.gif
1 MB, 355x200
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
>>62756445
Of course that's what he means, he's shitting on Batman to show how much better some c list marvel character is because she's stronk woman
>>
File: cant stop the moneymaker.gif (1 MB, 419x237) Image search: [Google]
cant stop the moneymaker.gif
1 MB, 419x237
>>62757753
He has turned /co/mblr into his bitch, no one can stop him.
>>
>>62752534
not to mention all the discussion here will be juvenile reactionary feminist bashing

I'll just be enjoying this show in a vacuum, thanks
>>
>>62757878
Hello Reddit
>>
>>62757753
>>62757876
explain
>>
>>62757997
Bendis is a shit writer who ruins everything he's touched in years. He can't write anything but gritty street level solo heroes, but is constantly put on big teams like Avengers, X-Men, and Guardians of the Galaxy. He changes characterization, ignores canon even when he wrote it himself, and makes everyone talk like the boring part of a Friends episode where nothing happens and they sit around talking. He sells about three times as much as good writers.
>>
>>62757997
this >>62758137
and he wrote Alias, the comic Jessica Jones is based off, and he's going to just make more and more money off that despite being a fat hack
>>
>>62758137
>>62758213
but the implication is that at one point he was a good writer?
>>
>>62752283
Going to be the first capeshit to win emmy's Daredevil should have been nominated
>>
>>62753111
she doesn't get raped by him, in the comics she begs him to fuck her but he fucks other women in front of her to humiliate her. He doesn't just tell a person to do stuff, he makes the person want to do it. Rape is confirmed in the show though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a__6eTeYmn4
>>
>>62758370
His Daredevil and Alias are good, as was Ultimate Spider-Man to a point. But even then they were extremely decompressed and wordy, filled with the same problems that his worst work has but to a lesser degree.
>>
>>62754132
so you dropped Daredevil too because he wrote it?
>>
>>62754378

Nah, she beats his ass pretty handily once Jean Grey helped her develop a resistance to his mind control

Also, Killgrave actually escaped because Carnage engineered a break out, though they do suspect Jessica at first
>>
>>62758486
Netflix Daredevil was based heavily on Miller's Man Without Fear, not Bendis' run.
>>
>>62755236
even watch the trailers?
>>
>>62754267
Honestly, both of those movies hold up better than the heavy handed agenda pandering shit. The characters in both Alien and the Terminator films are relatable characters regardless of their skin color or gender.
>>
>>62758213
>he's going to just make more and more money off that despite being a fat hack

How? It was done as work for hire.
>>
>>62758370
He's good when he writes solo street level shit. His team books should all be burned, there is no character development of anyone and his story arcs at the end of the day are meaningless cause he fucking retcons his own stories!

But Alias was fucking fantastic
>>
>>62755236
>I know nothing about this, but I'm going to pretend I do so I have something to bitch about
>>
>>62758688
I know Scott Lobdell still gets royalties from characters he created at Marvel. It's very possible Bendis does too.
>>
>>62758370
Honestly, his daredevil run with Alex Maleev was as good as Frank Miller.
>>
Bendis is everything that's wrong with funny books today. He is the leader of this shitty sjw competition between DC and marvel
>>
>>62758748
Bendis will get royalties, he was also a part of Daredevil creative team to bring the Netflix series in. DC has better royalties NOW, but it's still pretty shit, Bendis is making more probably from being part of the managing of Marvel than he is making royalties.

But fuck it, I will support Bendis' street level stuff cause it's some great stuff. I don't know why Marvel doesn't understand that people hate his team stuff and give him more of it.
>>
>>62758869
Because people still buy it. They put him on GotG and it sold more than twice what the old run did while people were still saying that the movie would flop for being too weird and have characters no one has ever heard of.
>>
>>62752283
I hope batman fucks her shit up
>>
File: 1435862051220.jpg (43 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1435862051220.jpg
43 KB, 354x367
>>62752283
oh fuck, the level of pretentiousness of the praise is leading me to believe the series will actually suck. Fuck this, I was counting that this turned out good.
>>
David Tennant confirms Purple Man is a rapist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a__6eTeYmn4
>>
>>62752325

Nailed it first post
>>
>>62759038
It's silly to blame the show for what retarded bloggers decide to write about it.
>>
>>62759060
well the show it's the show, but I haven't seen it yet, so the reviews and the buzz is an indicator of what it's going to be. But if all the reviewers can only talk about her sex scene because it has a nigger in it, or how "empowered" she is by getting her head shoved down the pillow, well shit, nothing else is likely to be good or that would be the topic instead.
>>
>Luke Cage's superpowered BBC ripping through not-Spider-Woman's anus
>>
>>62757710
will they make black panther a white guy in the movie?
>>
>>62752283
>Jessica Jones Netflix series is more than good superhero TV. It’s just good TV
They said the same bullshit about Daredevil, and we all know how much of a lie that was.
>>
>>62759259
>hating Daredevil
fuck off
>>
>>62759308
Daredevil was fine, don't get me wrong, but it's wasn't "good tv". That implies a real seal of quality, those rare shows that come out maybe once a year, if not less often.
>>
>>62759340
name me a better show that came out this year. The once a year only happened with it. This year network TV died, they produced nothing good.
>>
>>62759394
Better Call Saul.
>>
I don't care about interracial couples.

Hollywood is the entertainment arm of the left. We're being told "DEAL WITH IT DEAL WITH IT"

Apparently it was a one-time thing. She was drunk and she wanted to get fucked

SLUT SHAMING
>>
will her implied alcoholism be dealt with in any way, since the awful lines in the beginning of each trailer allude to it?
>>
>>62752283
>Even calling it a "comic book show" is a disservice.
When will normies get it through their skulls that "comic books" aren't for kids
This show, based upon several different comic books, and a comic book character specifically, portrays all of these deep and progressive things, but for some reason, it's not a comic book show
it being good means that it couldn't possibly be related to comics
>There's just tremendous storytelling
oh come on

I wish /co/ had a proxy that we could focus our opinions through to shut people like this up
>>
>>62759232
in the future when whites have been systematically oppressed by a non-white majority, then yeah, you'll see shit like that

but that won't happen until 2300
>>
File: 1424470075290.jpg (852 KB, 2496x1664) Image search: [Google]
1424470075290.jpg
852 KB, 2496x1664
>>62752283

I'll be watching from my kekshed
>>
>>62760961
*"comic books" aren't just for kids
there are comics for kids just like there are TV shows and movies for kids
>>
>>62760797
you want her to go to AA? Fuck off.
>>
>>62761315
i just wondered if it was a serious aspect of her character with, y'know, actual consequences that the writers had to make room for in order to make a bullet-proof lightning-fast superhuman at least _a bit_ vulnerable, i.e. worth investing time in, or if it's just some sort of lazy stock trait applied for snarky dialogue and cool points
>>
>>62761638
she has no friends, no boyfriend and no future besides her job. Alcohol is a big reason why
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.