[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: movies/tv shows that were/are shilled hard I'll start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: 1446854562354.jpg (112 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1446854562354.jpg
112 KB, 1000x1500
ITT: movies/tv shows that were/are shilled hard
I'll start
>>
that movie was shit
>>
>>62751608
>>
It Follows when downhill the moment we found out you could hit the monster with a chair.
>>
>>62753363
It went downhill the moment it turned into slut propaganda.

There are instances where it's okay to have an evil entity whose choices don't make sense.
There are instances where it's okay when the victims don't take the glaringly obvious precautions to completely avoid the evil.
There's nothing okay about ignoring both of those things and using the evil as a pretext to have sex with many different partners.
>>
>>62751608
Not shilled at all.
>>62752814
Your opinion is shit.
>>62753363
I think it just added to the mystery of what it was.
>>62754519
It wasn't an excuse to fuck a lot of people, that would have made you one shitty person.
The sex-part was just added in because they wanted it to be transferable between different people.
I think it's pretty scary since having sex wit someone makes you vulnerable to them and it adds to the fear of being exploited when your partner used you to give you a curse that will/could kill you.
>>
>>62754782
Brigade Marketing, is that you?
>>
>>62754782
No, you misunderstand. Not an excuse for the characters, an excuse for the writer who came up with this garbage. Sex is a very vulnerable activity. It is special, despite how a lot of vocal people say otherwise. None of the scenes gave me the feeling that "this was a hard decision for the character".

This movie just did not make me feel good.
>>
>>62754782
kek .. go watch avengers lil guy.

movie was for pleb teenyboppers .. gay as fuck
>>
File: peeping tom ginger kid.webm (3 MB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
peeping tom ginger kid.webm
3 MB, 1200x500
>>62751608
you're an idiot if you seriously believe that indie movies get shilled for money. It's just autists talking about how scared they would be if they had a creepy grandma walking towards them all day.
>>
>>62755147
>implying indie directors aren't more desperate than major film studios
>>
>>62754899
Movie didn't even play anywhere near me.
>>62754940
Yeah, that's like, your opinion man. There were several hard decisions, it was just subtle and not all spelled out for you.
>>62755052
Watch that edge.
>>
>>62755533
>it was just subtle and not all spelled out for you.
Don't try that 2deep4u shit. This movie didn't have hidden meaning. The fact is that the character didn't have much of a problem fucking the guy her sister was interested. She didn't have a problem fucking the guy who lead her on for months. She didn't have a problem fucking the one guy who probably deserved to fuck her (and he got it last, a lame shot at being a friend to a female). I didn't miss any subtle acting. The female gives into it.

I really don't want to go over the ways you can beat a slow-moving evil who has to follow the laws of physics, so I won't. Anyone can make up their own way to trap this thing. Anyone can prove that this invisible entity exists because of the chair. It does NOT care who is around them to witness it presenting its existence.

Do they call the police? No! Why not? "I can't tell mom... she'll never believe me." You can prove it at any time by simply waiting. So, what do they do? A convoluted plot to electrocute it using house hold appliances and a swimming pool.

This movie is not deep. It's not scary. It's not novel. If you want modern and good, go watch Don't Blink. That was fantastic and it's never mentioned in horror threads.
>>
>>62755533
still defending this trash? i can tell you have shit taste by how adamant you are that it's a good movie.
>>
>>62755533
>Movie didn't even play anywhere near me
>implying being a paid shill on the internet has anything to do with your proximity to the theatres where the movie plays

How fucking autistic are you?
>>
>>62751608
>Fast & Furious 7
>GoT
>TWD
>Mad Max
>The Babadook
And that's just to name a few.

The truth is that there is a lot more shilling going on here than most realize.
Most new movies are pushed all across the internet.
At its core it's all about the money, which is also why studio execs try to bring a movie's age-rating as low as possible, so that impressionable kids will fall for the 'hype' and drag their parents along with them.
They even tried shilling the sequel to the turd that is Magic Mike here recently, top kek.
>>
>>62755303
Indie directors dont care about sales, they usually just want exposure and critical acclaim so that someone (the jews) will actually fund their next movie. Unless they are true arthouse directors who vow never to work for a non-indie production.

And it's not cost effective to shill on 4chan. There are much more effective social media sites to do it on, such as Facebook.
>>
>>62755935
>cost effective
Getting paid at all to shitpost about a movie is better than what the majority of this board does. There isn't a big gap between beginner and professional text-shilling.
>>
File: kung-fury.jpg (326 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
kung-fury.jpg
326 KB, 1536x1152
I always thought viral marketing on /tv/ was a joke until this shit came along.
>>
File: Screenshot (67).png (317 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (67).png
317 KB, 1366x768
>>62755935
>implying
>>
>>62755533
he didn't insinuate it played near you, just that you were some lemming that was paid to shitpost about it here.

By the way, he's right.
>>
>>62755737
Sorry bud, but the way you talk about this movie really makes it seem like it's too deep for you. And it's not even really that deep. It's not supposed to be realistic, it's made super clear that this movie is not meant to take place in reality. If that's not your thing, fine. But that doesn't mean it's bad and nobody should like it. Stop being such an autist.

>>62755815
Well, I think you have shit taste, guess this argument goes nowhere. Enjoy whatever movies you like to watch.
>>
>>62756204
You guys should have LOVED this movie, paranoia is kinda your thing
>I didn't like it so no one is supposed to like it
>>
>>62755737
>>62755815
>Stop liking what I don't like!
I'd LOVE to know what films you think are good or scary.
>>
>>62756170
that's just one autist who really liked the movie and felt it was his "duty" to shill it, considering it was indie and - compared to studio films - not so many people had heard about it.
>>
>>62756308
>>62756279
It Follows was shit though.
There was absolutely no creativity behind it.
The director literally just thought 'hmmm how can I make a movie that will appeal to stupid teenagers? I know: sex!' Then he plagiarised the scores from John Carpenter's movies and threw in some edgy cinematography so he could pass it off as 2deep4u when called it out on his bullshit.
The only people that like it are pseudo-intellectual hipster faggots.
>>
>>62752918
I would've appreciated the hype for the upcoming films better if it wasn't for the fact that the spin-offs (Clone Wars, Rebels, LEGO-d versions) just keep on coming so much that that universe now feels SO EXHAUSTIVE. (Or at least, that's how they seem to be aggressively advertised whenever I stumbled into Disney XD.)

Like, sure, thanks for reminding me I never got around to watch the rest besides III. With that hype aversion said, I'm looking forward more to seeing that final Hunger Games movie instead.
>>
File: pepe.png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
48 KB, 500x282
>>62756852
>th-that's just some random autist, g-guys! I swear!
>>
>>62757001
I know because I have done the same thing myself for some really good indie shorts that I thought were criminally under-exposed. I shilled it for free.
>>
>>62752918
Somebody post the image where the shill forgot to clear the name field
>>
>>62757065
>haha look guys I'm one of you! Le for free meme xD

Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>62757065
So you're saying that this one anon shilled this movie pretty much daily from late 2014 onward?
>>
Babadook.

Absolute garbage that no one would've heard of if Australia wasn't trying so hard to lure movie makers there.
>>
>>62757201
like it or not I am "one of you." I've regrettably been here for years

>>62757319
No, that one in the screencap probably made those two threads and got called out on his shilling during the second one, then never made another because of hurt feelings (that or he made many more out of spite).
I'm saying a lot of people will shill a movie for free if they really liked it, and a lot of people did do it for indie flicks like It Follows and other "cool" movies like Edge of Tomorrow.
I remember talking with other kids back in middle school about we thought shambling tough zombies were scarier than weaker runners because they were always ominously shuffling towards you and were harder to stop. It Follows basically makes a movie out of that idea, which is why kids (like those back in middle school) and manchildren love it so much
>>
>>62756308
ah very nice, the old "if you think I'm a shill, surely you're schizophrenic" I also enjoyed how you responded directly to me but you don't want to admit you were the guy behind
>>62755533
>>62754782
>>
File: 1399909209970.gif (469 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
1399909209970.gif
469 KB, 480x228
>>62757516
>I'm saying a lot of people will shill a movie for free if they really liked it
>>
>>62754940
>This movie just did not make me feel good.
Well, uhh, it's a horror. What the fuck were you expecting?
>>
>>62756279
>>62755533
> it was just subtle and not all spelled out for you.
>Sorry bud, but the way you talk about this movie really makes it seem like it's too deep for you
but the director already said there's no hidden meaning and that what people are arguing about it being aids or whatever is just that, whatever you want it to be.
>>
>>62756612
>boohooo he said negative things about things I like so I'm gonna just insult him with an overused, useless phrase that makes me think that I won the argument even though I've said no counterpoints at all
>>
>>62757516
>No, that one in the screencap probably made those two threads and got called out on his shilling during the second one, then never made another because of hurt feelings (that or he made many more out of spite). I'm saying a lot of people will shill a movie for free if they really liked it, and a lot of people did do it for indie flicks like It Follows and other "cool" movies like Edge of Tomorrow. I remember talking with other kids back in middle school about we thought shambling tough zombies were scarier than weaker runners because they were always ominously shuffling towards you and were harder to stop. It Follows basically makes a movie out of that idea, which is why kids (like those back in middle school) and manchildren love it so much

autism: the post
at least now it's obvious as to why you would resort to shilling crappy movies on 4chan as a means of income
>>
File: 1429917642790.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1429917642790.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>62755737
>>62756880
>>62757516
"hm. there's a good shot that my reasons for not liking this movie are shitty because I don't really try to think intelligently about anything ... oh well, let's go shitpost about it anyhow."
>>
>>62756170
>internet explorer
what the fucking fuck man?
>>
>>62751608
What are some movies that have long moments of tension like this one?
>>
File: photo.jpg (25 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
25 KB, 437x437
>>62759614
>>
>>62760040
That's what you got? Shit, it's worse than I thought. Go to bed, you have to catch the school bus early.
>>
>>62751608
Marvel and DC capefaggotry has been and will continue to be shilled here
>>
>>62760244
>>62760244
Hi, Reddit!
>>
>>62760244
Weak bait, faggot.
>>
>>62760585
>>62760604
>can't even argue without resorting to 4chan memespeak

Keep going. This is funny.
>>
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.