[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE LAST KINGDOM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
Official thread for The Last Kingdom: Uhtred did nothing wrong edition
>>
No one on /tv/ watches this.

Which sucks, it's amazing.

Alfred a shit.

Leofric a best. Too bad Uthred is going to kill his ass next episode.
>>
>>62751619
I really thought they were going to bust out Steapa Snotor (if you've read the books)

I'm sure we can get /tv/ to watch it, it's a very good show

The church's power is always so fucking annoying, on par with how Uhtred always shoots himself in the foot
>>
>>62751863

Saxon stories is basically the only Cornwell I havent read. I hear the adaptation is rather different, Ill probably work through them after the last episode.
>>
>>62751175
Why couldn't he just wait for mass to finish? Doesn't he remember anything about Christians from his childhood?
>>
>>62752151
He's young and rash and hot blooded. This is what makes him great and vulnerable
>>
Uthred is a retarded fucking cunt, god damn I'm about to drop this show if next episode he doesn't get raped by 50 swarthy saxon men
>>
Fuck Vikings and everyone who idolizes them, Saxons 4 lyf.
>>
>Goes to get money to repay wife's massive debt
>She baptizes son while he's away
>Forgets to have a fake name for raid
>Come back to continue life
>Asser jews him
>>
Why is Alfred such a dumb cunt?
>>
Why has Uthred drop his qt pious wife?

Really annoyed desu
>>
>>62752527
Alfred has done nothing wrong, Uthred is the dumb cunt
>>
>>62752604
Because she's a biblethumping naive girl that was furious at him for killing the fat thief she knew all her life and refused to pay the blood money, and she does not understand his call

>>62753028
Dammit, Uhtred could have done so well for himself, if he only claimed the credit, was civil and pretended to be a christian
>>
>>62751175
How is this show? Is it better than GoT?
>>
>>62753759
About the same as GoT season 1, the best season.

If you disagree just watch the series without thinking because you'd be an idiot
>>
>>62751619
Have you not been here since it started airing or something?
>>
How is this compared to Vikings?
>>
>>62754195
More accurate and less romanticized. I like both
>>
>>62754195
Higher lows and lower highs but it's only first season so dont have much hopes. Shows like these rarely get better.
>>
I wish instead of this they'd have made a mini-series of Cornwell's Arthur books. They are so fucking based.
>>
>>62752235
>Uthred is a retarded fucking cunt
I feel the same. I like the show a lot but I really hate Uthred he is a complete asshole and fucking annoying.
>>
>>62752098
Seems like the first season / 8 episodes will cover basically the first two books
>>
>>62751175
This is one of the best shows currently airing and has a good adaption. The production quality is high and they have some cool scenes every episode with landscapes and men riding horses.
I just wish some of the fighting scenes were on a larger scale.

>>62754826
I want another show like Shogun from back in the day.
>>
I haven't seen the show, but I'm a huge fan of the books. Does this deviate from them enough to trigger my autism?
>>
where are you downloading the show from? I'm downloading from bots on IRC but they're painfully slow, and I can't acess kickass torrents anymore

And the christian church a shit, Uthred should have stayed with the vikings
>>
>>62751175
I'm waiting for the transformation that will occur.

Uhtred better become a 3 dimensional character
>>
>>62751175
>Uhtred did nothing wrong edition

Well come on, let's be fair here. He did raid and kill for the sole purpose of plundering a neighboring kingdom.
>>
>>62751619
>amazing
That's a stretch, its cool and amusing but feels like a cheap vikings which is saying a lot
>>
File: bastard.jpg (21 KB, 270x398) Image search: [Google]
bastard.jpg
21 KB, 270x398
It's way better than pic related.

But I'll consume any swordshit no matter what, so I can't complain.
>>
>>62751619
I do this is my favorite show, I'm just not one to make threads. There's not much to talk about because of the fact it is good. /tv/ threads are all about complaining about shit and memes.
>>
Pisses me of the BBC show this a week behind elsewhere, fucking twats.

Anyway, great adaptation, could do with more money thrown at it for the battle scenes. GoT was the same though in season one.
>>
>>62752235
I like the show and his character, and everyone with half a brain knows he's going to survive his combat to the death trial, but he does act like a pretty retarded edgelord with a death wish a lot of the time. There is no logical reason for him staying alive apart from plot armor.
>>
>>62752235
>>62754855
>>62756546
I really don't care for Uthred either. I think I'm only watching for Alfred.
>>
>>62756352
I really hope Bastard Executioner is going to be discretely cancelled, so I won't have to sit through its bullshit next year. Since I'm such a sucker for historical dramas, I know I would still suffer through it if it got renewed despite myself, but goddamn that show is not good.
>>
>>62754713
>more accurate
You mean apart from the glaring changes to Alfred from historical sources, the minimal baseline depth into Norse culture and invention of a big guy in wessex's defense?

Neither are wholly accurate, that's why they're historical fiction, but if you know about the general era then Vikings makes a more satisfying watch both in what almost feels like Easter eggs easily missed thrown in (references to things that would, chronologically, later be found in the eddas) and the fact they shit with timelines and character backgrounds so much that you don't know what's going to happen next and Alfred the Great can end up actually the son of a semi viking ex monk and Rollo can do things a hundred years out of order. It's more fun.

Last Kingdom feels like it's relying too much on what they think people know about the era and fuck up Alfred in non-fun illegitimate monk son ways by taking out some of the poisitive attributes of his that Asser wrote about and making him a weed. Sure he had Crohn's disease and sure he studied to enter ecclesiastical life because it was assumed he'd never inherit but he could hold his own as well. They've tried to hard to make him complex and interesting when historically he should just be an all round great guy. I feel like it would be a better watch with complex and interesting Uhtred and historically accurate A+ all round Alfred who was actually most likely happily married, based on will leavings, and wouldn't be bitching every episode about how he needs meat when he really means pussy.
>>
Is this show really that good? Watched the first ep and fuck the pacing felt so rushed. Like all of the events that happened would have taken a show like GOT 3 or 4 to really flesh out.
>>
>>62756718
After the first episode, it takes its time more with the story, so that stops being an issue.
The pacing of the pilot bothered me a bit as well, but I stuck with it, and I really like the show now.
>>
>>62756369
streamallthis dot is

has breddy good quality streams
>>
>>62756805
meant for

>>62756508
>>
>>62756693
>historically he should just be an all round great guy
History is written by the victors, anon. Unless you met Alfred the Great yourself, your take on his personality and character is no more valid than the show's.
Plus, he did let that one woman's pies burn, so he must have been at least a bit of a shit.
>>
E= M C^2

Everything is relative

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1446848252337.webm
>>
>>62756879
>>62756805

Cheers senpai
>>
>>62756893
Alfred did nothing wrong!

besides, he apologized in that story!

Uthred is kind of annoying right now. I read all the books though and I thought he was much smarter in them.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.