[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doctor Who General - /WHO/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 8.jpg (2 MB, 4281x2854) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
2 MB, 4281x2854
Whouffaldi Edition

>>62744663
>>
>>62750780
Does it for free
>>
So are we ever going to find that image on amazon? The guy who claimed to find it gave "75fjve408" as a hint. And no it wasn't that fake image someone here made.
>>
The Doctor, Pond, Willams. All must die!
>>
>>62750859
What?
>>
>>62750838
It's Clara as a weeping angel and it's on amazon. Not a dvd, but its an unannounced behind the scenes book
>>
Apparently the autistic guy was rude to Moffat, Whithouse and Mathieson
>>
File: muh capaldick.gif (361 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
muh capaldick.gif
361 KB, 500x248
>ywn get to see clara doing taekwondo

why live
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGAs4GSJCGI&feature=youtu.be

Dunno if it was already posted, but complete DW Festival panel.
>"Ladies and gentlemen please welcome your host, Mr. Taby Hoedoke"
>>
>>62750780
Do you think he ever tongue flicked her bean?
>>
>>62750870
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>62750870
SHOW US
>>
>>62750439
>The Time Robbers

Fairy tales tell of winged beings that whisks children away from their mundane or abusive/dreary homes and take them to paradise. When in Clara's neighborhood, mysterious lights begin to glow in children's rooms and the children disappearing, the Doctor must get to the bottom of it and learn the truth behind the myth
>>
Sammi's grown a beard. He looks like the master
>>
SLEEP NO MORE WAS A PHUCKING SHAMBLES !!!
THE WORST EPISODE OF DOCTOR WHO IN ITS FIFTY-TWO YEAR HISTORY !!!
DIS-GRACE !!!!!
MARK GATISS SHOULD BE SACKED ON THE PHUCKING SPOT FOR THIS ABOMINATION OF A STORY !!

SYDNEY NEWMAN DID NOT DIE FOR THIS SHIT !!!
>>
>>62750896
At least once a day, Doctor's orders.
>>
>>62750912
nah its more fun for you to find it
>>
>page 6

How is /who/ this dead after a shit episode? It gives more to talk about, complain about, question and explain.
>>
https://twitter.com/prchambers/status/665942047115911168

you just know they're gonna fuck tonight
>>
>>62751630
The episode was GOAT. So GOAT that we're speechless.
>>
File: 531[1].gif (23 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
531[1].gif
23 KB, 300x165
>it's a "sleep crust from your eye becomes a monster and also floats in the air like dust filming everything and at the end it was all a ruse to get you infected too" episode
>>
>>62751630
This episode was the perfect hybrid of boring shit and forgettable shit that spawns barely any discussion
>>
Bravo Gatiss, what a pile of shit
>>
>>62752130
hes a big fan of the show but he cant write good episodes
>>
>>62752143
Which is basically how most fans would fare, if given the opportunity to write for the show.
>>
>>62752168
The amount of times i watch a crap episode, try and write my own and it coming out even shitter than the episode i didn't like
>>
>>62751971
>It's a /who/ overreacts to a ok episode
>>
Shitty episode aside, we can discuss the return of BBC.
He was cool in Flatline but he's what, another fucking black boyfriend?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3PEijdZhDc

ReTARDIS reviews liked it
>>
>>62752168
I'm no food technologist or electric engineer, but I still can expect to avoid food poisoning or electrocution. Those are professionals. On payroll.
>>
Sleep No More wasn't the worst, but it tried way too hard to do something grand and impressive, then proceeded to utterly fail at it. The story leading up to the twist was vapid and rushed, and the whole thing about 474 was totally unnecessary. It literally went nowhere and didn't affect the story at all. It started off giving us all this information, but did nothing with everything it gave us. How did this script get past editing? How were they able to look at this and think "yes what a good episode let's film this right away"?

What a garbage episode.
>>
>>62752340
Ashildr's black boyfriend hopefully.

Would help explain how he got involved in more alien shit besides just Ashildr finding him, framing him and using him as a lure for the Doctor
>>
>>62752316

Everything was good aside from the eye boogers. There are just so many better ways to play the "natural sleep is essential and taking shortcuts to avoid it has dire consequences" thing than what they actually did.
>>
File: humannature01.jpg (19 KB, 542x293) Image search: [Google]
humannature01.jpg
19 KB, 542x293
>>62752168
And yet teenage fan fiction that became a novel that became a NuWho two-parter is still one of the best Doctor Who stories of its entire run.
>>
>>62752351
that guy has the worst taste and absolute shit reviews
I remember that video from last year where he got butthurt over the "don't cremate me" thing in dark water and hated Missy. what a pleb.
>>
>>62751971
>>62752368
>sleep crust
>eye boogers

When I was a kid we called it "duck meat".

What if the monsters were ducks?
>>
>>62752416
>When I was a kid we called it "duck meat".
Why? I don't get it.
>>
>>62752351
>19 minutes
fuck no
>>
>>62752439
Dunno, but I found proof that it's not just me:

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081029212532AA80mzb

Maybe it was supposed to be "duct meat", as in tear ducts, but children misheard it? Kind of like "duck tape".
>>
Just finished watching the 1996 movie. Has there ever been a solid explanation as to how the Master came back in NuWho after what happened in the movie?

>used up all his regenerations
>lost his original body to some type of cremation process
>possessed a human body that immediately started decaying
>was sucked into the TARDIS in this decaying human body

So, uh... how did he not only get out but also recover his original Gallifreyan body in order to exist and regenerate in Utopia?
>>
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BdGYBmwvmgJX
>>
>>62752518
He used the same teleport shenanigans Missy used. Moffat planned this all along.
>>
The sandmen being made from sleep was fucking disgusting more than it was scary, and them becoming alive or taking over the body or whatever seemed too supernatural for Doctor Who if you ask me.
>>
>>62752518
he was resurrected for the time war, which he fled from, using the chameleon arch to turn himself into professor yana to hide from the war
>>
>>62752412
A lot of people got butthurt over that, Britain has a very powerful, very loud PC crowd.
>>
>>62752365
I fell like we're missing half of the episode. The signal thing was left uncountered too, Doctor just fucking flies away with that Asian chick on board. I bet we won't even hear what happened to her afterwards.
The Zygon Invasion was kinda like that, but it had the second episode to redeem itself.
>>
>>62752518
>master in a human body
sort of like a hybrid

WELL PLAYED MOFFAT
>>
>>62752597
We are getting a sequel. Think of this as just part 1.
>>
File: Stewart-Lee-009.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Stewart-Lee-009.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>>62752526
So this was actually just Stewart Lee doing a bit, right?
>>
>>62752575
There are some things that are a bit unnecessary in a kids show. On every saturday in Britain, there are children who have just attended a funeral. Their parents may have just sat them down and explained to them factually what has happened - no BS, just saying that Granny has died and they'll cremate her now.

If a child saw this after experiencing that, it'd fuck them up.
>>
>>62752672
You don't belong on /who/.
>>
>>62752672

Then Who needs to drop the "kids show" meme. It deserves to grow and not be held back because little Timmy MIGHT POTENTIALLY see something that upsets him. The PC crowd is insane.
>>
>>62752626
not anymore that everyone hates it
>>
>>62752642
>So this was actually just Stewart Lee doing a bit, right?

Nah, because the guy says the audience was laughing.
>>
>>62752672
They can't exactly change the show because of a handful of children. I'm still annoyed about the beheading thing, I'm almost surprised they didn't pull this last episode because of the Paris attacks (no connection, but people died).

Death is a weird one because it's always been in British children's television. People have always died in Doctor Who. Yet decades later, American cartoons still can't talk about characters being killed unless it's under very specific circumstances.
>>
>>62752672
It was revealed to be a hoax.
>>
>>62752695
>>62752708
Hey, I would be all for them making who for the ageing beardies. But they've gone for the PG audience. If they are going to push the boundaries on that, I would much rather they did it with slight horror, rather than emo wallowing which isn't even entertaining when handled well.
>>
>>62752526
>people actually care enough about this to make make a video about it
>>
>>62752784
How was that "emo wallowing". It was pretty creepy.
>>
>>62752748
No reason to pull this episode. 15 years ago they would have pulled the Zygon Inversion because of the rocket launcher on the airplane THE EXACT SAME WEEK as the Russian plane was brought down over Egypt, though.
>>
>>62752744
go watch dell boy falling through the bar again you cunt
>>
>>62752784

I'm not saying it should become "ow the edge: the TV exerience", but one of the reasons Dark Water was so good is because it was different and experimental in its handling of darker themes, including death. If people are offended and loud about it, the beeb won't allow experimentation like that again for a long while. My point is that it can move to PG-13, and still be acceptable for most kids over the age of, well, 13.
>>
>>62752766
My issue is not with the actual episode. It's the way the content could have disturbed a child who was already messed up by death. You can't reverse that and tell them "You can stop thinking about your nanna screaming for mercy now - they revealed it was just a trick!" It doesn't work like that.

On the whole, I don't think they should remove stuff for sensitivity sake. But I found that one unnecessary. Maybe because my young cousins had just lost a relative, and I was glad they didn't see it.
>>
>>62752559

But... how did they resurrect him? He was basically obliterated in every possible way.
>>
>>62752803
I found it emo wallowing.
>>
>>62752877
Timelord magic probably
>>
>>62752708
>>62752784

I'd argue the opposite:

All the "adult" stuff is stupid. The innuendo and borderline swearing and sexuality and even the so-called drama are the worst parts of the new Doctor Who. It always feels so tacked-on.

And yet now they rarely show people dying. In the 70s it was normal for someone to fire a laser beam, you see the laser beam hit a guy, the guy screams and drops down dead. Now there are stupid special effects to hide a human death (they disintegrate into dust a lot), or they avoid death altogether because it turns out they just teleported (this also happens a lot), or really the character is invincible (regeneration, multiple parallel versions, or time travel undoes it).

Waris Hussein made a good point on that one BBC Radio show about how stupid the sexuality is. Clara kissed the Doctor in the first episode she was properly introduced. Why? Not everyone fancies or kisses everyone they meet, even the impressive people.
>>
>>62752897
>good

>for

>you
>>
>>62752877
The exact mechanics have never been depicted. I think Big Finish will cover it eventually.
>>
>>62752672

Just how common is cremation in England? I'm in the US and I've never known a single person who was cremated or who has ever had someone they know cremated.
>>
>>62752925
Well then that's not really the opposite at all then - I also said the horror bits are the best way to push the boundaries. I don't like the social commentary stuff one bit.
>>
>>62752925

I think you misunderstand what I mean by "adult". Yeah I agree with most of the points you've made. I'm talking about exploring some weird, darker stuff. Torchwood attmepted to do this and failed miserably IMO because of all the stuff you mentioned. If Who could somehow balance its whimsy with darker, complex themes sprinkled throughout, I think it could improve dramatically.
>>
>>62752995
Oh right, I thought you meant PG as lowering it (since now a lot of the DVDs are 12A for some reason).

Children's television can be scary. It's not like Doctor Who's version of scary has ever broken the boundaries of children's television. The BBFC used to rate films higher if they had women screaming. Doctor Who has had women screaming in almost every episode since the beginning.
>>
>>62752989
Very common. I've never been to a burial and 8 cremations. That covers Catholics, Anglicans and atheists.

Remember the land surface area. Most church yards were filled by he end of the 19th century. UK is a tiny island; USA is a mostly wild continent.
>>
>>62752925
>Clara kissed the Doctor in the first episode she was properly introduced. Why?

Because Moffat. This is the same man who thought the most appropriate thing for a woman to do after meeting her childhood hero-slash-imaginary-friend was to try to ride his dick, as if that's just what happens. If anything, meeting the Doctor when she was so young should have stripped sexuality from the equation later in her life.
>>
>>62752672
Fuck you. Leave and never come back you pathetic cunt.
>>
>>62753066
Burials are always so disappointing. You walk past all these fancy tombstones and statues before you get to the little grave marker on the edge of the churchyard set aside for your dad.
>>
>>62753115
>Poster Most Likely to be Living with Cryptorchidism, 2015
>>
>>62753066
Its like 99% burials in Australia too, I always thought that line was weird, guess not if you cunts got too many dead people.
>>
>>62752412
>hated Missy. what a pleb.

I don't think he hated Missy, just didn't care for the twist that the person behind everything was Missy. Something about how it being the Master/Missy doesn't really mean or change much of what we saw throughout the series with the promised land, or put a real twist in anything
>>
>>62753066

I just find it interesting because I'd never thought about it. It threw me for a loop when that episode seemed to just expect me to expect that everyone gets cremated, like that's just what happens to everyone.
>>
According to one guy who was watching the "Face the Raven" trailer with captions, Ashildr is the mayor of that weird alien street and still goes by "Me", can anyone verify?
>>
>>62753208
Confirmed
>>
>>62753208
who cares?
>>
>>62753208

We'll find out when we watch the episode. Why do you want to know all the details now?
>>
So /who/, do we know anything about Gallifrey/the Time Lords besides they're appearance in the finale? Like, how they're involved and such?
>>
>>62753154
What a curious little word you've made me look up
>>
>>62752672
Fuck off liberal faggot
>>
>>62753292
nope
>>
File: Le tardis man.png (942 KB, 742x1443) Image search: [Google]
Le tardis man.png
942 KB, 742x1443
>>62752672
Mm yes I agree and also we need to stop accepting bad storytelling *tips shovel*
>>
>>62753292
It's an in depth examination of the sexual crimes that were carried out during the time war, the time lords repeatedly raped daleks and this is an investigation into what events can bring people to start systematically raping their enemies.
>>
>>62753415
>>62753415
hence all the dalek/timelord hybrids
you cracked it boys!
>>
Will Mcgann return? Or Eccleston ?
>>
>>62753099

nice armchair psychology
>>
>>62753496
no and no
>>
File: 1447495494263.jpg (1 MB, 2020x1515) Image search: [Google]
1447495494263.jpg
1 MB, 2020x1515
>>62752809
Rocket launcher happened in Invasion on 31st. There was no reason to pull it once it already happened.
The plane crashed on 31st too, no idea what happened earlier, but there wasn't enough time to pull it anyway.
Also it's Russia we're talking about. This episode would be removed for all eternity if there was anything remotely French in it.
>>
>>62753530
It was shown again in the opening scene of Inversion.
>>
>>62753530
I want the beheading returned to its' proper place in Robot of Sherwood.

That's all.
>>
>>62753496
Yeah, my dad's a janitor at the BBC and he saw some men in suits dragging McGann out of the basement for ''another webisode''.
Dunno about Ecclescakes, but rumor has it he took the coke and ran.
>>
>>62753583
Yes, but what can you do? It was already fired and you already have a cliffhanger with Doctor seemingly dead. There was no way to remove all mentions of it and keep the story intact.
>>
>>62750780
that episode was awful
>>
>>62753496
Why would they?
If anything, it'll be Smith, Hurt or even Tennant.
>>
File: your_pic.jpg (93 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
your_pic.jpg
93 KB, 960x960
>>62753530
>>
So, regarding the Mire episode with the testosterone obsessed viking alien. They never showed us his face, what was the point of that? And he said he would return?
>>
>>62750780
Has any nerdy tosser with a lot of time in their hands made a timeline of humanity's progression in the Who Universe? To check for inconsistencies?

Like, whatever century they got timetravel, what other century had this, etc...
>>
>>62753928
I assumed he looked like the other baddies.
>>
>>62753998
I don't know about an online timeline, but somebody wrote a whole book about it.
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/AHistory
>>
File: JennaManMadeOutOfCoal.png (349 KB, 587x495) Image search: [Google]
JennaManMadeOutOfCoal.png
349 KB, 587x495
Well, guess we know for sure now.
>>
>>62753998
I remember being pissed off at maybe a Tom Baker story way back. Because up until that point it had been ragtag Earth colonies on nearby planets many centuries into the future, then all of a sudden there was one episode set in the 21st or 22nd century and they had this bag spaceship and they were just casually whizzing around the universe.

I think the story in question was a little controversial for this, so hopefully someone can refresh my memory.
>>
>>62754060
Yeah, so did I.
I just thought it was a bit weird that they did all this suspension with him and then they didn't care about it when they took the helmet off one of the Mire.
Thought he would be special or something.
>>
>>62754112
we already did know
the exif said it was created 55 mintues ago when it was posted
>>
>>62754112
trainyard confirmed
>>
>>62753928
They'll probably be new Judoon.
>>
What other bodily secretions would make good monsters?
>>
>>62754279
semen
>>
>>62754279
Tears
>>
>>62754279
>other

None of them have made good monsters yet.
>>
>>62754279

>sentient splooge devouring people
>Doctor gives some speech about how mankind's sexual greed is responsible for this
>Later, Clara encounters a splooge monster made of the Doctor's seed
>TO BE CONTINUED
>>
>>62754279
Blood is the obvious one, sweat is the most interesting.
>>
>>62754279
breast milk

they can make a really kinky fanservice episode :)
>>
>>62754279
Earwax.

Some Madame Tussauds analogue in the far future. The Doctor and Clara walk past a group of wax dummies, who slightly tilt their heads. Some maintenance staff share spooky stories about how the attractions are alive and can hear things, then one of them is actually murdered. Clara gets covered in earwax. Towards the end, the Doctor figures it out and talks about the important of earwax. Clara gets covered in earwax. I think Toby Whithouse could pull it off.
>>
File: Farting on mah arsefu.png (3 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
Farting on mah arsefu.png
3 MB, 1280x1440
>>62754279
Farts
>>
>>62754112
Did I just get spoilt again?
Fuck.
>>
>>62754618
It's fake bro
>>
>>62754618
>reading comprehension
>>
What was Sleep No More ripping off (mainly the condensing sleep part)? I thought of it at the start but I can't seem to remember now.

Next weeks seems to be ripping off parts of Harry Potter.
>>
>>62754664
Russian sleep experiment
>>
>>62754279
That stuff that builds up around your teeth and the sides of your mouth while you're sleeping.

Normally it'd feed on food shit left in your mouth, but mutated, it's now hungry for all of you
>>
>>62754695

I mean it felt like another franchise/film.
>>
>>62754847
Not quite the same but X-Files had an episode about soldiers who had their "sleep" taken away so they didn't need it anymore but still needed the same kinda of drugs and chemicals they'd get from sleep
>>
>>62754847
Alien?
Because of the sleeping pods.
>>
Sandmen?
>>
I watched last night's episode live on stream, then rewatched it with my girlfriend this afternoon. She was seeing it for the first time; I fucked her during the second half. Does this mean she isn't infected with dust? Or is she gonna turn into a sandman the next time she yawns?
>>
File: CIA.jpg (88 KB, 1200x857) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
88 KB, 1200x857
>>62755039
>>
>>62754995

Yeah this is the closest I can think of now, but at the start I just had this really clear "woah this is totally ripping off x" moment and now Alien isn't giving me that same feeling.

Fuck watching the episode again to try and jog my memory.
>>
File: 1390149530327.gif (499 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1390149530327.gif
499 KB, 500x275
>>62752672
>tfw my grandmother died a week before Dark Water aired
>tfw the worst part of the day wasn't her death, but the massive dick in the ass that was ITFOTN
>>
>>62755094
No one gives a fuck, fuck off.
>>
>>62755094
Russel T Davies
>>
>>62755094
>my girlfriend
>I fucked her during the second half.

I'm sure you do and I'm sure you did anon, sure
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 620x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 620x683
>>62755129
>>62755125
>tfw I've become that one anon
>>
>>62752714
That sucks, actually was curious as to what the monsters really were.
>shitty spot-type flashlights illuminate monsters
>hold my hand
>I'm alright
>I'm not
>two monsters being illuminated are briefly seen holding hands like Doctor and Clara
So they're supposedly made of "evolved" eye snot, yet somehow there's already some sort of psychic link involved despite Doctor and Clara supposedly only having just arrived and the Doctor never interfacing with Morpheus throughout the narrative.
>>
>>62754847
Seriously, this: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Russian_Sleep_Experiment
>>
File: what-if-i-told-you.jpg (38 KB, 550x338) Image search: [Google]
what-if-i-told-you.jpg
38 KB, 550x338
>>
>>62755568
The hybrid is real and you know what it is?
>>
>>62755352
idgi. it was nicely written, yet at the same time, rubbish.
>>
Gatiss writing a sequel to yesterday's episode

and wants to write another about fracking

dear lord
>>
>>62755728

You've got to be joking about the fracking. The last thing I want is another leftist propaganda episode after TZI/TZI. Does the UK even frack? I know it's big over here in the US, but I had no idea it was a thig in the UK.
>>
>>62755728
>fracking
Didn't we already have that with the Silurian episodes a few seasons ago?
>>
>>62755805
Yeah it's in the news occasionally over here.
>>
So how is Clara gonna be kill
>>
>>62755805
Not joking

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/08/frack-the-frack-in-or-frack-the-frack-out-capaldi-wants-doctor-who-to-tackle-fracking-5486963/
>>
>>62755890
She'll sacrifice herself by taking Rigsy's punishment in his place
>>
>>62755933
And I'm assuming this'll lead directly into Heaven Sent/Hell Bent
>>
>>62755709
The creepypasta quickly falls apart with obvious scientific BS and even facts like the experiment being held by KGB in 40s when KGB was formed in 1954.
It can't get away with timely-wimely magic like DW.
>>
>>62755862

No, that was simply a "let's see how far down we can drill!" thing, no oil involved.

>>62755899
Well, shit. I know the West is teeming with lefties, but it'd be nice to see them NOT force a politicla agenda into something for once.
>>
>>62754847
>>62754664
Dead Space/Alien in terms of visuals
>>
File: how horrific.jpg (50 KB, 577x575) Image search: [Google]
how horrific.jpg
50 KB, 577x575
>>62755933
I don't get it though, in the trailer the Doctor has a fond smile on his face when Clara's saying goodbye, almost like he knows a way out of this

Shouldn't he be devastated like pic related and start pleading and begging and shit

Or is it all just a ruse
>>
>>62755805
Afraid so
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a773800/doctor-who-fans-mark-gatiss-is-already-planning-a-sequel-to-sleep-no-more/
>>
>>62756036

Or perhaps he has known it was coming, and can't quite believe it's finally here.
>>
>>62756036
>the Doctor has a fond smile on his face
no he doesnt
>>
>>62756036
>the Doctor
>fond smile

How long until we get an actor who actually knows how to play the Doctor, instead of another David Tennant sequel?
>>
File: Ecclesbuny.jpg (62 KB, 308x750) Image search: [Google]
Ecclesbuny.jpg
62 KB, 308x750
>>62756202

What the hell are you on about lad?
>>
>>62756202
que

are you saying the Doctor shouldn't smile or something
>>
>>62756202
what are you talking about m8
>>
>>62756202

Can you describe how you'd like the Doctor to be played?
>>
>>62752507
Maybe you're a fucking idiot. Who is also fucking retarded. Youre a fucking retarded idiot.
>>
>>62756296
Jazzily
>>
>>62756296
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pD0inuVLUs
>>
File: is that my fetish - yes it is.webm (3 MB, 694x536) Image search: [Google]
is that my fetish - yes it is.webm
3 MB, 694x536
>>62756296
from the looks of it, anon wants him to be dull and emotionless probably otherwise OH WHOOPS IT'S DAVID TENNANT AGAIN LEL
>>
File: DontBeRude.jpg (125 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
DontBeRude.jpg
125 KB, 600x518
>>62756313
>>
>>62750780
>getting passed my spam filter by using caps in /WHO/
just go back to reddit aleady
>>
>>62756386
you seem upset
>>
>>62756386
reddit a shit m8 they're filled with autism

then again we're also filled with autism

tolerable autism mind you

hell this whole site is autism isn't it
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s[1].jpg (35 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s[1].jpg
35 KB, 480x270
>>62752507

Duck tape was actually the original name for it, not something misheard or misspelled. It was called that because the material they originally used was "cotton duck" which is a type of canvas. So it literally was duck tape, and became called duct tape later on because someone advertised it for home repairs (i.e., repairing ductwork and other things, hence "duct tape").
>>
File: YOU SAW A STAR.jpg (6 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
YOU SAW A STAR.jpg
6 KB, 300x300
CLARA MY CLARA MY CLARA MY CLARA CLARA OSWALD MY CLARA MY CLARA CLARA MY CLARA CLARA MY CLARA CLARA OSWALD MY CLARA MY CLARA CLARA CLARA CLARA MY CLARA CLARA CLARA MY CLARA MY CLARA WIDE FACE THREE MIRRORS HANDLES NO WAIT MY CLARA CLARA MY CLARA CLARA CLARA NO
>>
>>62756521
8/10
>>
File: exterminate.png (1 MB, 1159x744) Image search: [Google]
exterminate.png
1 MB, 1159x744
>>
File: Hello darkness my old friend 4.jpg (245 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
Hello darkness my old friend 4.jpg
245 KB, 848x900
>yfw the Doctor tries some crazy shit to save Clara anyway but she refuses to go with him
>as he gets dragged away, screaming Clara's name
>she says, with tears in her eyes, "run you clever boy, and remember"
>>
>>62756739
Seriously, when is Capaldick gonna kill Moffat? I'm sick of that pubeheaded cunt.
>>
>>62752672
>Zygon
OH IT'S CRUEL IS IT? WELL WHO CARES, I HAVE A TARDIS THAT DOESN'T WORK
>>
File: 904_43681.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
904_43681.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>62756752
>cue the Snowmen-style moping before oh whoops time for another adventure
>>
I really want Series 10 to be the Doctor traveling alone and only teaming up with characters for one story before leaving them.
>>
you know what here's a better idea for a first person episode that's not found footage shit

have an episode entirely from the eyes of the Doctor or the companion or even the baddie
>>
Let's make the world an inflatable playpen with the Doctor jumping around in it with us. Yay!
>>
>>62756887
what?
>>
>>62756859
That was already tried in the Tennant specials and it was bad.
>>
>>62756929

>implying The Waters of Mars wasn't Tennants best story.
>>
>>62756859
That'd be shit.

Most of the writers can't even write people in two parters well enough for us to give a shit about them. Having to get introduced to a new "episode companion" and care enough or know enough about them to be useful in the episode and as our insight into the Doctor, would be crap. And half of them would have to be pretty or near ridiculously intuitive and smart on their own to be useful instead of growing into that as companions often do.
>>
File: tumblr_np1ntwCHYX1rnc4jbo1_400.gif (682 KB, 268x210) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np1ntwCHYX1rnc4jbo1_400.gif
682 KB, 268x210
>>
>>62753415
like when romana regenerated into a man to rape compassion and get her pregnant with more tardises
>>
>>62756950
it was

only extreme plebs think otherwise
>>
>>62752518
the "decaying" is actually just transforming into his original Keeper of Traken body because magic
>>
File: Courtney_Deep_Breath.jpg (42 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Courtney_Deep_Breath.jpg
42 KB, 600x337
where the fuck did Courtneythe Nightmare Child go
>>
>>62757119
A tear in time/space transported her back to the Time War where she fell into the jaws of the real Nightmare Child, a splinter of Clara

>implying a Clara splinter didn't become the Nightmare Child so she could save the Doctor from Davros
>>
>>62756929

I thought it was good. Waters of Mars was excellent. Midnight wasn't a special, but showed that Doctor Who can have stories without the regular companion and still be great.

>>62756970

It's easy to make a one-off companion useful. Just give them some knowledge, skill, or personality trait that lets them assist the Doctor or act as a catalyst for furthering the story. That doesn't require making them "ridiculously intuitive," it just requires making them competent with at least one thing.

I actually kind of hate that the Doctor is forced to be the smartest character in the entire universe who's never allowed to be out of his element ever. Maybe sometimes when there's a subject matter expert among the characters they could use that to inform the Doctor. In the last episode one of the characters told the Doctor no one had helmet cams and STILL COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE FOOTAGE, purely because no one is ever allowed to know or figure out anything any more unless the Doctor tells them.

As for getting insight into the Doctor... why does every story have to do that now? Why can't we sometimes just have an adventure or see the Doctor solve a problem? The need to constantly "reveal" things about the Doctor is why we keep getting retreads of the same fucking character revelations every series.
>>
>>62757326
Original British Drama, anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7HDdqoL2Vk
>>
>>62757326
>It's easy to make a one-off companion useful. Just give them some knowledge, skill, or personality trait that lets them assist the Doctor or act as a catalyst for furthering the story

Cause then they are just the latest plot device for the episode and as companion and the focus being on them like that, it'd be pretty blatant plot device characters. We already often have the people in whatever place the Doctor is in giving us details and background about stuff and often being the ones who can expand on stuff and that the Doctor can send with the companion to go do something. Just having that as the companion but different people for each episode would be the same thing over and over again but in a different "skin". Would be like Clara series 7b

>why does every story have to do that now? Why can't we sometimes just have an adventure or see the Doctor solve a problem?

Don't have to, but it is often necessary as part of character development (which adds weight to the series and the adventures) and it's much easier to do with the constant companion than to have some one-off suddenly going psychologist and knowing enough about the Doctor to say what his problem is or how much he's changed, been affected by stuff or just how to reach him properly and talk to him. A companion would've been with him a while and have at least some straight timeline for him and what he's gone through and what he's like, a one-off has no idea which Doctor this is at which point or where/when he just came from or went through.
>>
>>62757675

What I'm saying is we should just have a series of episodes that involve just going on adventures without trying to develop the Doctor yet again, because it's always the same old thing anyway. We don't need someone being an armchair psychologist to the Doctor every other episode.
>>
>>62757795
And I'm saying a whole/majority series being nothing but one-off companions wouldn't work
>>
>>62757862

Your argument hinges on the entire series being the same as they are now, though. Though there are examples of one-off characters challenging the Doctor, like the astronaut from Waters of Mars. And not every story needs a "companion," either, the Doctor could do something on his own or get mixed up in some events without actually attaching to one specific companion stand-in. There's really a lot that could be done in a series without a companion and it would certainly be refreshing and change the pace of things.
>>
is rigsy the new companion?
>>
>>62758049
A lot of things could be interesting and well done, but the show doesn't have the kinda writers that function outside of the standard formula.
>>
>>62758049
And your argument hinges on singular episodes and you wanna expand that into an entire series.
>>
>>62758060
If only because of the people it would trigger on /who/ I hope so.
>>
>>62758060
why do people ask this about nearly every guest character
>>
>>62758152

I guess we need some new writers, then.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks Capaldi would work well with a few different companions each appearing in different episodes of the series, say 3-4 companions in total.

They could be unaware of each other and instead of a series arc for a change have them each in standalone stories with the finale being them having to find each other in order to save the Doctor who's got himself in some serious trouble.
>>
>>62758304
isn't that the S4 finale
>>
>>62758304
sounds weird
>>
>>62758363
I suppose it's similar but most of those guys knew each other.

>>62758369
Fair enough, I thought the two one off companions from Time Heist were wasted in just one episode though.
>>
>>62753163
We have too many living ones, too.
>>
>>62752365
>wasn't the worst
>a garbage episode

pick one

anyway, i think it's my favorite episode of the series so far, it had it's faults i'll grant you, but i found it genuinely creepy especially when the sandmen where coming through the fire or disintegrating, and it not being a doctor-centric, doctor saves the day episode was refreshing
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (241 KB, 877x524) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
241 KB, 877x524
>>62750885
>>
Was that Maisie's voice in the preview?
>>
>>62758742
you bet your fine ass it was
>>
>>62758599
The kid didn't have autism, it was my little brother and part of my plan to get Moffat fired.

Mission accomplished.
>>
Watching the episode now, do you think grunts are really good at sex?
>>
>>62758833
the actor's a transgender m8, you tell me
>>
>>62758833
so long as you don't get too physical with them
>>
With the ratings dipping this series, and Moffat possibly splitting the next series up, which certainly can't be good for ratings, does anyone else think that BBC might unfortunately push to get a new Doctor, or fortunately get rid of Moffat?
>>
>>62758880
All new writers

>>62758874
I'd say you're into it
>>
>>62758880
He's shouting at autistic children m8, they're already pushing him out.
>>
File: 1011.jpg (82 KB, 492x710) Image search: [Google]
1011.jpg
82 KB, 492x710
>>62758923
>being this triggered
>>
>>62758880

We need new writers and a new showrunner, but definitely still Capaldi as the Doctor.
>>
>>62758880
Capaldi and Moffat have said there's not going to be a split next year so there's that

Moffat might go so he can focus on Sherlock

They wouldn't sack Capaldi
>>
>>62758880
i thought the ratings were dipping because of the awful time slots
even that lady on good morning britian or something mentioned they had to record the show and watch it later

still though, moffat will probably leave after s10, i can't see him going beyond that, he already considered leaving this year.
>>
>>62759030
>i thought the ratings were dipping because of the awful time slots

I actually have no idea. Anons at first were saying that the Rugby matches were the reason but that's over with now and the ratings still haven't gone up to how they were last series.

Isn't the show on at "primetime" or whatever anyway?
>>
>>62759178

It's on at 9pm. The target audience is getting ready for bed at that time. Regardless, less and less people are watching TV shows live. Everyone DVRs, streams, or torrents.
>>
>>62759178
I don't know. I'm not from UK. I read something from the cast and crew saying the show should air earlier or something.

>>62759233
Did it air at 9 last year?
>>
File: Stannis.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Stannis.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>62759233
fewer
>>
>>62759233
It's on at 8
>>
>>62756950
agreed
>>
>“Well I suppose if I'm completely honest - and it's all my fault, no one else's fault - I don't think that was a great idea,” he told an audience at London’s Doctor Who Festival. “When I looked at them in person I thought 'my god, the new Daleks are awesome. they're so huge and powerful, they're brilliant.'”

>“But I learned a grave lesson: which is that when you put them on screen, of course, they don't look bigger, they just make all the other Daleks look smaller.”

>“So I revised my plans and I now consider them an officer class of Dalek,” he explained. >“You do seem them about from time-to-time. It just became a little bit mad in The Magician's Apprentice because there were so many different Daleks in there that I didn't want to confuse the eye.”

>“They haven't gone away. We still have them. But that's the answer. The answer to most questions I find is that I've made a mistake.”

Am I the only one left that likes them? They looked fine in Asylum with the new paint job.
>>
>>62759439
GO GO DALEK RANGERS!
>>
>>62759439
superior to eyebooger monsters, yes.
>>
>>62759537
They weren't eye boogers, everything that happened was on a stage created and controlled by Rassmussen. Everything we saw was a set up by him to keep people watching and spread whatever had infected him in the first place. As the Doctor kept saying, none of this makes sense, because it didn't.

Rassmussen created a set and a story and the Doctor just happened to blunder into the middle of it not fully understanding what was going on.

All we really know is that there's an shape shifting alien that infects and consumes it's host.
>>
>>62759728
they were real
>>
>>62759763
it was aerosol lsd projecting sleep deprivation

the deep willies
space MadNess
>>
>>62759728

No, it's definitely eye boogers. The Doctor scanned the sand and determined the makeup of it, which was "sleep dust." The only thing that was a lie was how the transformation took place. He went on about spores and whatever to keep everyone from figuring out the real plan, which was to transmit the Morpheus process via those "glitches" in the video. In addition, it created a compelling story that would keep people watching so people would get the full process performed on them by the end of the video.

The only thing that didn't make sense to the Doctor was the villain's motivations and all the stories about spores, but that's because he didn't realize that the villain was himself an eye booger monster or that the video was the real plan. Everything else that happened was very clearly real.
>>
Who the fuck green lit eye booger monsters when there is 1001 better sleep related monsters they could have thought up
>>
>>62759935
that scientist/eyebooger clone is gonna be pissed in the afterlife if it turns out he didn't run enough tests to make sure the signal through the video could actually mutate and change shit.

>>62760023
Moffat, cause him and Gatiss are besties
>>
>>62760023
gatiss
>>
Until recently I was new to Who and now has watched pretty much all the season other than the brand new one (no source).
But did people actually like Day of the Doctor? Don't get me wrong, I really like Hurt as the "pre-doctor doctor" but I always felt that "I killed them all and I have to live with that" Was SUCH a big part of the Doctor for me gave some credit to the whole "oncoming storm" thing.
Why did they have to "solve" that? It absolutely didn't need redeeming at all. I feel like due to the fact that now he didn't kill them he not only doesn't have this weight on his shoulder that meant so much, He also lost the inherit tragedy of being the last of his kind, (which, granted, they fucked with in the past). He went from "Most tragic hero" to "Alien Jesus". In my opinion, the Timelords should have stayed as the one thing he couldn't save. The big Sacrifice to save the rest of the universe.

oh and don't get me started on: "when the planet suddenly disappears, all the daleks will take each other out at once because they'd be caught in their own crossfire." That is beyond retarded. first: space around a planet is huge, the chance of actually hitting something in a crossfire that way are quite small. And even if we ignore that fact, there is just NO WAY this would take out more than say, half the fleet. This was supposed as a big wiping out of Daleks.
>>
>>62760191
Quiet over there with your logic. We're trying to hate on Booger monsters over here.
>>
>>62760191
>always felt that "I killed them all and I have to live with that" Was SUCH a big part of the Doctor for me gave some credit to the whole "oncoming storm" thing.
>feel like due to the fact that now he didn't kill them he not only doesn't have this weight on his shoulder that meant so much
>He went from "Most tragic hero" to "Alien Jesus"

Felt the same way anon
>>
>>62759935
>The Doctor scanned the sand and determined the makeup of it, which was "sleep dust."

He scanned it using the stations technology, part of the set Rassmussen created.
>>
>>62760191
But he was already alien jesus throughout 1-4. That was a big theme used back then.
>>
>>62760191
Welcome to Who's fandom, where the fans themselves are the show's harshest critics. I agree with everything you said, and wish Eccleston had co-stared rather than have to introduce Hurt.

As Tennant said: "To say no to doing the 50th would just be churlish".
>>
>>62760331
But Ecclescakes is getting play a wife raping priest who willingly wanders naked into stocks in The Leftovers now.
>>
>>62760439
Sounds like something good for the kiddies.
>>
>>62760262
I just mentioned the logic for the fuck of it. I know Who is not supposed to be enjoyed with logic or the whole thing falls apart. I don't mind it much but it was specially stupid. you could hear the writers go: "Wait, if we save them, how do the daleks die?" to come up with such a bullshit excuse.

>>62760267
I went with them fucking up the Angels (my favourite in new who) and I went with some other bullshit.. but for me, his "dark" past, the decision he had to make, that was what MADE him. I'm sad that this truth is lost.

>>62760331
I liked Eccleston as the doctor. But I don't mind hurt. I think he was quite good actually.

But yeah, I'm really not happy that I watched that.
>>
>>62760191
>all the daleks will take each other out at once because they'd be caught in their own crossfire.

I hated this because it turned the Last Great Time War from a massive battle between a bunch of races and armies where people are using time as a weapon (as well as all the shit the Doctor described) and just turned it into Time Lords vs Daleks.

And yeah, I agree with you. They ruined the Time War with that episode. What I wanted to see was what happened during the Time War and what the Doctor did, how he did it, and just how desperate the situation was to justify it. Instead they just made it feel insignificant and like you said, they removed that entire aspect of the Doctor's character for no good reason.

If what they wanted to do was bring back Gallifrey, I'm sure they could have found a way to do that without also nullifying everything the Doctor did. Make it so the War Doctor still ends the Time War and burns everything like before, then make 10 and 11 get together and do something to somehow rescue Gallifrey. That way the Doctor's timeline is still intact AND Gallifrey can return.
>>
>>62760611
>>62760191

I didn't feel that way about the Time War at all due to the 50th. Keep in mind all we saw was the last day; the actual events are somewhat chronicled in Eight and War's new audio adventures, as well as the NSA novel Engines of War.
>>
>>62760611
>If what they wanted to do was bring back Gallifrey, I'm sure they could have found a way to do that without also nullifying everything the Doctor did.

But Moffets dr would never kill the keeeeds
>>
>>62760611
I thought End Of Time already ruined most of the mystery of the Time War imo. I was glad they ended with the 50th.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.