[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prometheus 2 Gets A Name Change, Again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Engineer.jpg (44 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
Engineer.jpg
44 KB, 620x310
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Prometheus-2-Gets-Name-Change-Again-94347.html

HAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA The first one sucked so bad they had to change the name of the sequel just to distance itself from the first one.

Prometheus fags BTFO.
>>
I liked 'Paradise Lost'. Oh well.
>>
>>62749042
i love it when someones like hey yo i hate prometheus and im like hey why and theyre like yo she was runnin in a straight line yo
>>
>>62749042
I really hope they go back to the "alien roots". I prefer when the alien movies feature some sort of space marines/expedition crew; who just gradually discover that there are infact aliens on their space station/base/ship.

The less frequent we see the aliens, the better. This type of movie is supposed to be a super scary movie where the Alien is shrouded in mystery and only appear to brutally slaughter someone.

I did enjoy the tentaclemonster and the white big guy though. Prometheus was pretty good.
>>
Did I just go back in time 48hrs or is OP just slow as shit and assumes everyone else is too?
>>
>>62749117
That's not the only thing wrong with that flick.
>>
Is it so difficult to simply have it called 'Prometheuses'?
James Cameron could direct it, too.
It would feature the Engineers coming out of the walls like snakes and a big, fat female one at the end.
It'd be pure poetry.
>>
>>62749156
>tfw they'll never do this
>>
>>62749117
>>62749325
This complaint has never made sense.

The way the scene plays out, Vickers is running in a straight line from the wheel of fate (since her character is stubborn and uncompromising), while Shaw realizes how stupid that is and heads for the side. She survives and Vickers dies.
>>
The whole problem with Prometheus was landing on the planet, should have found the abandonded ship in space, would have made everything x10 spookier.
>>
>>62749683

The goal wasn't to make it "spookier" you infantile moron. Go back muh Alien again.
>>
>>62749156
Having ancient Greek god-like aliens as antagonists was fucking brilliant. If Prometheus wasn't related to Alien and it had a proper ending it could have been GOAT
>>
File: Pottery Class Instructor.jpg (16 KB, 300x361) Image search: [Google]
Pottery Class Instructor.jpg
16 KB, 300x361
>>62749630
>The way the scene plays out, Vickers is running in a straight line from the wheel of fate (since her character is stubborn and uncompromising), while Shaw realizes how stupid that is and heads for the side. She survives and Vickers dies
>>
Paradise Lost was intriguing, something that you don't hear often and carries meaning.

Covenant is another bland AAA buzzword like Revenge, Salvation, Genesis, Nemesis, Resurrection, Revelation, Revolution, etc. you get the point.
>>
What the fuck is Ridley Scott smoking?
>>
how can they call it prometheus 2 if the ship has crashed?
>>
>>62750184
>Paradise Lost was intriguing, something that you don't hear often and carries meaning.

It's one of the greatest works of the western canon you fucking idiot.
>>
>>62750296

Yeah no shit niggertits that's why it's interesting and carries meaning.
>>
>>62749156
If they did that again it would just be pandering and everybody would know what was going to happen. That's what Blomkamps movie would be.
>>
scott is dying no wonder he wants to cash it with the Alien franchise that will bring more people to see it
>>
>>62749630

how does that follow? it's still perfectly legitimate to complain that vickers was a total fucking retard. in any case the idea that a stubborn and uncompromising person would on any level, conscious or unconscious, stifle their instinct to get OUT OF THE WAY of something that's gonna kill them due to stubbornness is retarded.
>>
It was good

>wahh I want more reboots with the exact same plot
>>
>>62750597
Thats pretty much what Prometheus was though
>>
>>62750855
nah they mixed it up with some interracial sex. It was the then-current year after all
>>
Prometheus was a 7/10 movie.
>>
File: image.png (447 KB, 669x1037) Image search: [Google]
image.png
447 KB, 669x1037
>Xenomorphs in Halo

Sounds good to me.
>>
It just means the movie is going to be shit.
>>
>>62750460
You're missing the point, it was symbolism or something ITS LIKE EARTHENWARE
>>
Prometheus was a critical and commercial success. Why would they try to distance themselves from it?
>>
DUDE WE ARE LOST IN CAVE WITH OUR 3D GOOGLE MAPS WATCH LOL
>>
File: 1370067170366.jpg (210 KB, 1280x877) Image search: [Google]
1370067170366.jpg
210 KB, 1280x877
>alien : covenant
>>
>>62749042
I liked Prometheus.
>>
>>62751490
DUDE I'M A SUPPOSEDLY RESPECTED SCIENTIST ON AN UNEXPLORED ALIEN PLANET I'MMA SMOKE WEED AND PET AN ALIEN VIPER LMAO
>>
I liked Prometheus.
>>
>>62752274
Prometheus likes you too.
>>
>>62749042
I liked Prometheus

but that script is awful god damn
>>
>>62752274
Me too but the script was a major weakness.
>>
>>62749193
Not everyone spends every waking moment on /tv/.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.