[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay I've just realised something about Big Trouble in Little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: eggshen.png (514 KB, 643x442) Image search: [Google]
eggshen.png
514 KB, 643x442
Okay I've just realised something about Big Trouble in Little China.

At the start of the movie Egg Shen uses a lightning trick between his hands. After watching Big Trouble many times over the last few decades it has finally dawned on me that he has actually taken his enemy Lightning's power.

I've come to this conclusion because during the movie, before and during Egg's fight with Lo Pan, egg always uses trinkets, totems and potions. He brags about how much the demon stones cost him. He uses the magic stone vs Lo Pans nails (Lo Pan doesn't need a trinket), he uses the silver fan vs Lightning, he throws a grenade at the beast in the tunnel and curses it, he drinks the potion to unlock his natural "powers". Now if you can agree that during the movie Egg can only use totems and baubles for his power, after killing Lightning, and then displaying Lightning's power at the start of the movie, without the use of a totem, shows that once you kill one of these chinese ghosts that you gain its power.

Thusly, it is quite possible for Jack Burton to actually have all of Lo Pan's sorcerer powers and maybe why the monster has stowed away on board his truck at the end of the movie.

It also means that Wang Chi has Rain's powers too.

The question is Egg Chen obviously has the knowledge to unlock Lightning's stolen ability and Jack and Wang are oblivious to the supernatural powers they now posses.

Or you could argue that Egg Chen is a great magician considering Lo Pan seems to have a long history with him that isn't fully explained.
>>
>>62747853
nobody?
>>
That would be cool, but the intro scene was added by the studios request. it wasn't in the original project.
>>
>>62747853
>Or you could argue that Egg Chen is a great magician considering Lo Pan seems to have a long history with him that isn't fully explained.
This is the vibe that I got from the movie. But you theory is awesome so I might just go with it for kicks.
>>
>>62748137
It was added late, but did Carpenter actually put it together or some studio hack?
>>
You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?
>>
>>62748190
Can't remember. But i did think, what if Egg Shen can use Sorcery but doesn't really practice it. He does mention there are multiple types of mysticism that the Chinese people just kind of pick and choose what to believe or practice. "Like your salad bar"
>>
File: BTiLC_throw.gif (950 KB, 400x178) Image search: [Google]
BTiLC_throw.gif
950 KB, 400x178
Big Trouble in Little China thread?
>>
>>62748248
He seems more like a poor man's sorcerer rather than a gifted noble like Lo Pan. His display of Lightning's power is quite the feat away from using the baubles during the movie.
>>
>>62748308
That's how it always starts, very small.
>>
>>62747853
nice theory dude
>>
sequel when?

old jack burton and wang chi magicians
>>
>>62748226
What the Hell.
>>
Not one of Carpenter's better films, but that music over the opening credits is glorious and the opening bit before it is perfect.
>>
>>62747853
Action is just a peasant magician. He knows a few tricks but it's nothing in comparison. That lighting guy is just a dude who practiced more, a sorcerer but not a demon.
>>
>>62750306
you're an idiot
>>
>>62749132

This movie is too racist and problematic to ever get a sequel, not to mention that sexism knows no racial boundaries, but the Asian "green-eyed demure damsel", an effective non-character, is particularly disturbing. If you own a hard copy, please destroy it.

Furthermore, I must ask everyone else who has posted positive comments about the film to please publish your employers and home addresses so that we can get you drummed out of your jobs for enjoying this garbage.
>>
>>62750462
Yeah? Thanks for the input.
>>
>>62750728
>This movie is too racist and problematic to ever get a sequel

What the hell are you talking about you prepubecent shitstain on toilet floor.People like you should be beaten with stick until the skin on your back turns to a bloody spungy substance.
>>
File: do not feed the trolls.jpg (32 KB, 287x288) Image search: [Google]
do not feed the trolls.jpg
32 KB, 287x288
>>62751586
>>
>>62748308
HMPH

Peasant magic
>>
File: the_force.webm (3 MB, 900x544) Image search: [Google]
the_force.webm
3 MB, 900x544
>>
Could he defeat Sheev and why hasn't a new thread been made?
>>
File: 456r7ht7vg0[1].jpg (117 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
456r7ht7vg0[1].jpg
117 KB, 400x350
>>62751794

More like "The schwartz" amirite?
>>
>>62750306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=613RrA2M4j8

but you are also wrong, BTiLC is one of his best
>>
File: 1400579898556[1].jpg (61 KB, 322x252) Image search: [Google]
1400579898556[1].jpg
61 KB, 322x252
>>62750728
>>
>>62748295
It's all in the reflexes
>>
>>62747853
There's a Big Trouble In Little China comic book that actually says because Jack killed Lo Pan the monster now considers Jack his new master.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.