[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Congratulations, Jackson has appointed you the job of picking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
Congratulations, Jackson has appointed you the job of picking how he should milk out another movie. What do you choose?
Adapt The Silmarillion?
Remake LotR?
Write an original story?
>>
Adapt The Children of Hurin.

>relatively simple but great story
>set in middle-earth
>not very well known book
>>
Adventures of Young Frodo
>>
Frighteners 2
>>
File: 1446422814229.webm (1 MB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
1446422814229.webm
1 MB, 960x400
>>62746918

Do i have to chose?
>>
>de toro has a million and one ideas he can't get made
>jackson is sitting on a mountain of cash and zero projects

CAN WE NOT FIGURE SHIT OUT
>>
>>62746918
Tolkiens son said he'd never sell the rights to anyone unless some amazing director comes around to do them justice
>>
how would you even adapt the Silmarillion? make it a series?
>>
I'd make him do an original story so he doesn't get to shit on any more of Tolkien's work, obviously.
>>
>>62747200
what does that mean? they don't have the rights to silmarillion, but they can poach the appendices for the hobbit?
>>
Film adaptation of the complete works of David Weddings.
>>
>>62747200

Where do the rights go when he dies?
>>
>>62747227
Make a series and put it on the history channel.
>>
>>62747227
i'd like to see an epic series, one biblical movie or mini series per tale
>>
>>62747125

Forget it Del Toro, it's Jew town.
>>
i hope another tolkien adaption never gets made.

i pray the rights are never released, nor another movie or tv show made.
>>
>>62747281

they stay where they are right now, the tolkien estate

just his son adam will be in charge of the tolkien estate then and hes pretty much of the same mind
>>
>>62746918
Do we have a budget for all the fights from the Silmarillion and creature design ?
>>
>>62747358
Did we have a budget for The Hobbit?
>>
>>62747333
>stop liking what i dont like

no one is forcing you to watch these adaptations if you love the books so much.
>>
>>62747125
de toro has his own hackyness.
>>62747227
you take the cool looking stuff than write an original story with some of it in it.
>>
>>62747384
we're talking about one elf fighting like 20 balrogs at teh same time
>>
The Hobbits Take Manhattan
>>
>>62747354
>implying jew wood won't kill them all for the rights.
people are just sick of lord of the rings so jews don't see money in it
>>
>>62747354

Good, hopefully they will stay there, took me 3 days to push through the desolation of Smaug extended version because it felt like a completely different movie after Bilbo killed the spiders.

Not even gradual slide it's exactly when Legolas and KATE arrives where it feels like a completely different movie, everything after that moment is basked in this shitty after CGI effect and the writing and acting becomes so bad.
>>
>Remake LotR?
How long until LotR needs this? Because it still holds up perfectly and looks way better than movies made with modern tech.
>>
Plenty of LOTR games where it's set in the world but not following the books that are decent, why not try to write a original story on the sideline of the ring shit or even set a long time before.
>>
>>62747463

it'll happen before it really "needs" it

i can see remakes or at least some sort of "improvements" on the originals for the 20 year anniversaries
>>
>>62747463
20 years.
>>
The franchise is ruined, there'd be no point

I wouldn't want to be a part of some CGI mocap shit

I'd spend the budget on hiring a hitman to kill that faggot kike Serkis and anyone else who is an expert in that god awful technology
>>
>>62747404
there are only like 8-10 balrogs total senpai
>>
>>62747303
I will not quit him
>>
>>62747463
I cant wait for the remake in the near future with PoC and female fellowship cast members along with some homosexual and transgender side characters
>>
>>62747726
signs say sjw will be dead by then
>>
>>62747726

it wont happen that soon

the LOTR remakes will be in celebration of the returning traditional values, just like Tolkien would have wanted
>>
>>62747691
What?

"The Balrogs were destroyed, save some few that fled and hid themselves in caverns inaccessible at the roots of the earth" - some, which means most of them were killed, and we have two confirmed kills from the siege of Gondolin.

Where do you have any sources regarding the number of their host?
>>
>>62747792
A man can dream.
>>
>>62748766

Tolkien had conflicting ideas on the number of the balrogs. He never settled until his death so some of his writings on the matter contradict each other.
>>
>>62748818
Ah, so it's one of those issues, fair enough. Although, for a sake of the movie it would be nice for at least 20 of them.

Imagine their descend on Ungoliant in a firestorm that engulfed half of Lammoth.
>>
>>62748766
uhh, the encyclopedia of arda? i read it somewhere. i know their host is limited and they're maiar spirits like the istari and sauron. fuck i'm a nerd
>>
>>62747425

teehee
>>
File: 61893.webm (308 KB, 300x534) Image search: [Google]
61893.webm
308 KB, 300x534
An entire The Silmarillion adaption would either have to be multiple movies or just taking 1 story and briefly accounting for things that happened before.

I think a movie following Beren to steal a Silmaril would be alright.
>>
>>62749096
> a movie following Beren to steal a Silmaril would be alright.

the fall of numenor would be based af imho
>>
>>62749096
That wasn't stealing, he was redistributing it

#feeltheBeren
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 493x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 493x825
>>62746918
All black LOTR remake
>>
Tom Bombadil
>>
>>62746918
remake lotr with a progressive cast
>queen latifah as gandalf
>ice cube as frodo
>seth rogen as sam
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 1000x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 1000x792
>>62749752
>not casting ice cube as gimli
>>
>>62746977
Yes please.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.