[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Penny Dreadful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1003223_2_0_prm-pr1_1024x640.jpg (682 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1003223_2_0_prm-pr1_1024x640.jpg
682 KB, 1024x640
Finally watched all of S2 after getting the BD. I was never around for any of the threads. I was curious as to /tv/'s thoughts on Billie Piper this season seeing as how most of you guys couldn't stand her last time around.
>>
Hated her character desu.
>>
>>62744525
Dropped Season 1 around episode 6 I think.
Does it get better, the storyline was too slow for my taste.
Does the new season have more sex scenes?
>>
>>62744688
A LOT of gay sex
>>
She was better than last season. Still not very good.
>>
>>62744688
I think it does but none with Eva if I remember correctly. If you couldn't finish the first season I'm not sure you're gonna like the second. It's definitely paced better though and the monster form of the big bads are constantly naked.
I personally think this show is great. Dropped it after the first episode last year cause I wasn't that interested even though I thought it was intriguing, went back and marathoned the rest of it a few weeks ago.
That possession shit in the first season was so hot holy fuck.
>>
>>62744688

In my opinion it does. Does it have a lot of action? Yeah nah. It doesn't. And yeah, that's disappointing but I think people were coming in here expecting a more graphic version of LXG. It's really more about the character interactions and if you're not into that sort of thing then you're not going to like Penny Dreadful.

And it got two more episodes in S2 so that's even more padding that you may not like.

>>62744710
He's a liar. Only one episode gets really graphic with that.
>>
>>62744780

Yeah that was pretty disappointing. Mainly because they're cultivating the relationship between Vanessa and Ethan last season so that prolly means nothing is going to happen until they get together.

The lack of any sort of body exposure was just as disappointing too. But Eva has never had a problem there either so any lack of nudity had to be an artistic choice.

I'm not familiar with McRory but I was hoping to see some mature titties too. She can be a hot one in certain scenes.
>>
i enjoy this show thoroughly but i'm curious to see just where the fuck the plot thinks it's going. it seems to meander sometimes
>>
>>62745474

What questions do you seem to have about it? So far it looks like everyone wants Vanessa. Mortals and Immortals alike.

S1 dealt with Dracula, or rather those who worked under him.
S2 dealt with Lucifer as we found out
S3 looks like it might be dealing with Lily's wild ride

Dr. Jekyll is confirmed too so there's that as well.
>>
I will the sex to Eva Green in future
>>
>>62744525

Enjoyable, and many of the characters are just entertaining to watch even if the story seems to meander sometimes. Season 2's whole witches in league with the devil storyline seemed to drag on too much and their motivations were a little too cliche.

I'm thinking Season 3 will probably have the 1st half be Ethan and Vanessa finding each other again, and deciding to say Fuck It and just give into their carnal monstrous natures with her as a murderous witch and he as a werewolf that gives no fucks.
>>
>>62746313

Well Brian Cox is supposed to be playing as Ethan's dad and Patti Lupone is returning as what seems to be a female version of Dr. Seward so I wouldn't be surprised if much of the season is set about them finding themselves first.

I don't know how I feel about that, truthfully but hey. I'm game. I'm almost banking on Ethan getting free via Hecate, however.
>>
File: pd.jpg (152 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
pd.jpg
152 KB, 620x413
>>
>>62745508
question 1: where the everloving fuck is dracula? they even had a renfield expy (that wasn't renfield) and then they just move on to witches and lucifer (maybe implying that dracula is the earthbound brother of lucifer)

and what are the vampires connection to ancient epypt and mummies?
>>
>>62746313
so you're saying there might be a full on satan/ werewolf fuck scene
>>
>>62747868

Nonexistent for right now. He is only implied as the "master", and was the one pulling the strings behind the vampires and Mina. Remember that up until S2 we assumed that this dark lord was one and the same, as in, the team (and we) are lead to believe that the one who used Mina and the manifestation ( like in Vanessa's flashback, when she got possessed )are both the same person.

And then it's revealed that one is actually two, being brothers. And they're both after her. I guess after Drac failed with Mina he laid off for the season while Lucifer had his turn with the darkness brigade.

And as for ancient egypt and stuff like that, well it's been a while since I have seen S1 but if I recall correctly Gods or I guess the Old Gods or whatever were known by different names in different languages.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.