[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does every horror movie released now have to be about some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot00068.png (174 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot00068.png
174 KB, 512x384
Why does every horror movie released now have to be about some supernatural bullshit?
Can't we just have crazy murderers?
>>
>>62740066
Because we have plenty of insane killers in our schools and streets already. Horror movies should be escapist.
>>
>>62740066

>crazy murderers

you might as well watch documentaries
>>
>>62740066
What movie is that screenshot from again? I know I saw that movie a while back but I can't remember the title
>>
>>62740066
>Can't we just have crazy murderers?

already filled in by the dozens of CSI procedurals on TV
>>
about 10-20 years ago it was all about the slashers.
Of course slashers still exist, but you're right many horror films at the moment seem to have a supernatural twist.
Important to note though that even if the plot is about ghouls and ghost, they seem to take a form that closer resembles a zombie.
That's just what is in at the moment.
Slashers will come back, i'm sure of it.
>>
>>62740066
>crazy murderers
>you can literally beat them if you're not a pussy whiped beta weakling
>scary
>>
>>62740442
They're not though, TV horror is usually boring (except hannibal). You never see a group of friends kidnapped by a farmstead full of mentally unhinged cannibalistic hillbillies wearing human skin anymore. It's always woooo spoooky ghost now.
>>
>>62740416
begotten
>>62740066
actually got a lil spooked the first time i saw this
>>
>>62740416
Begotten
>>
>>62740416
begotten
>>
>>62740416
it's shit, don't bother.
>>
>>62740416
>movie
>>
>>62740066
Why does every horror movie released now have to be found footage bullshit?
>>
>>62740731
Can we just ban anyone who doesn't know the difference between a flick, movie, film, and cinéma?
I know everyone is spooked by elitism, but this is getting ridiculous.
>>
zodiac has some mad spooky scenes

we need more competently made serial killer movies and especially films
>>
Sinister actually did this excluding the shit jump scare ending that the Director DID NOT want.

If you ignore that it's Ethan Hawke freaking out over old home movies, pretty damn good.
>>
>>62742286
Can you suck a dick instead?
>>
>>62743016
Postcode?
>>
>>62740066
Because 90% of the horror movies coming out are made by blumhouse productions.
>>
>>62740066
But crazy murderers are most horror movies today that don't go directly to netflix.

Even Crimson Peak. I was so disappointed that the sole purpose of the ghosts was a warning. Got me hyped for a supernatural horror movie just to pull the rug out from under me and throw incestuous killers at me instead.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.