[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else see the peanuts movie? It was surprisingly good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: peanuts.jpg (47 KB, 620x370) Image search: [Google]
peanuts.jpg
47 KB, 620x370
Anyone else see the peanuts movie? It was surprisingly good, would like to hear others opinions
Too bad the theatre was like a ducking playground, there was a baby crying the whole time and literally 30+ kids running up and down the aisles in front and back of me and right in front of the screen. They were throwing shit and made the movie hard to.enjoy.
Yes, I know it's a kids movie so I should expect kids to be there, but this was ducking unacceptable. Theatres in my area are shit, there's always kids everywhere, there's crucnhing and crinkling of food the whole time since its america, people talk the whole time, people laugh and clap. I wish I was fucking joking/baiting.
>>
>>62734117
When I went there was like barely anyone in there. It was nice just sitting in there and letting the movie sink in.

Had a big ol' grin on my face the whole time.

Go during the day on a weekday. It'll be much better.
>>
>>62734167
Going during the weekday is also hard since again, my area is weird. There's some kind of organization that brings people in during the weekdays that have autisn, down syndrome, basically the screeching and violent tards. I remember at the Jurassic world showing it was yard day so the whole place was like a fucking zoo, probably my worst experience yet, the peanuts being second.
>>
>went to 3D screening during the day on Friday
>had made sure it was completely empty after seeing the reserved seating map online
>somehow a couple and their daughter showed up after the trailers started
>movie starts, it's normal 2D
>the husband left in the middle, presumably to talk to the theater people/projectionist about why the movie wasn't 3D
>he comes back and the movie stops
>5 minutes of silence, little girl keeps turning around and staring at me
>movie starts again, in 3D, but from the beginning
>watch 10 minutes of it again, get uncomfortable because I have to be back home before 4 PM and get anxiety attack over whether the parents will think I'm a pedophile
>walked out of the movie
I don't know what happens after Charlie Brown gets tied up by Sally at the talent show.
>>
>>62734512
>get uncomfortable because I have to be back home before 4 PM and get anxiety attack over whether the parents will think I'm a pedophile
wtf...?
>>
>>62734167
Pretty much this. There was just one father with his daughter and a mother with three kids there, and all of the kids were well-behaved. I think the father and I were the only ones enjoying the movie, though.

The movie wasn't great. The music was not up to Peanuts standards, and it really just played like a Greatest Hits compilation, but it was executed with a lot of respect for the original works which was refreshing. Fucking beautiful animation too.

On the whole, it was a delightful little thing, and hopefully will spawn some new Peanuts fans.
>>
>>62734736
Well I'm glad to hear some people enjoyed it. It was a very comfy film ruined by all the shit kids around me. Hopefully is comes to blue ray soon so I can watch in peace
>>
>>62734736
>The music was not up to Peanuts standards
That's my biggest concern. I loved the rest, and I don't see much of an issue with something being a Greatest Hits compilation, but if there's no Vince it doesn't have the same feel.
>>
>>62734259
Autism Friendly screenings?
>>
>>62734840
Well, there was a little Vince. Not much, though.
>>
>>62734117
2D or 3D? Do families go to the 3D showings more these days?
>>
>>62734587
I imagine he has something like OCD
>>
>>62735334
Fuck 3D. I cannot wait for that gimmick to die again.
>>
>>62734117
It was a very comfy movie. My only problem is why is Charlie's love interest is white and not brown...

Yes this is bait.
>>
>>62734117

>Anyone else see __________? It was surprisingly good!

fucking shilling with a form letter
>>
>>62735671
That actually does bring up something weird, though. Traditionally, the red-headed girl isn't supposed to be shown in full, but the movie is very liberal with showing her off, complete with a full reveal at the end. I didn't really mind, it was just something different.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.