[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we supposed to care about this shit so much? Revenge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Why are we supposed to care about this shit so much?

Revenge of the Sith made 800 million $ and it's considered to be the best Prequel Trilogy movie by far.

Shit like Jurassic World or Avengers makes two times more. Titanic or Avatar three times more.

What's the big deal about Star Wars?
>>
I'm looking forward to the memes more than the movie
>>
>>62733870
The concept is cool. Sure there can be bad movies and shit directing and filming but what people buy Is the idea. The concept alone is what makes it so cool. Lightsaber with force powers and aliens is cool as fuck
>>
uhh you want to be totally a nerd don't you?
>>
>>62733889

What memes? It's going to be a boring shitfest like JJ's Star Trek movies.
>>
>>62733917
I wasn't around /tv/ for that. Was there really no memes to come of it? So far we have BBC bagoya and Sheev and Snoke. Are there really no star track memes?
>>
>>62733870
>Sequel that has been anticipated for decades
>Revival of a great franchise

This b8 is HARRIBLE
>>
>>62733870
>>62733911
>>62733889
>>62733917
I want /contrarian/ to leave
>>
>>62734018
Then you better go back to /co/
>>
>>62734018
I want the shills and fanboys to leave
>>
>>62734018
>using that word

You need to get off the internet.
>>
>>62733870

Yes, OP, over the last 10 years, cinema prices have gone up. Amazing.
>>
>>62733917
I had good fun watching the JJ Star Trek movies, but I don't consider them movies I would rewatch. But I'm not a big Trek fan and can understand how fangirls got pissed about it.

I think the same will happen with SWTFA...I'll watch it, be entertained, and then fucking nerds will shit on it for years on end bitching about every detail and I'll just shurg, or silently observe nerd vs nerd threads for fun.

Even if the movie sucks, nerd rage is hilariously entertaining...and this movie will inspire it in droves.
>>
>>62733870
>What's the big deal about Star Wars?
A long time ago, 3 of them were decent. People are hoping this one will be decent too.

That's it, just hope the movie will be great.

But it won't be.
>>
>>62734189
>A long time ago, 3 of them were decent.
2 of them were decent
>>
>>62733870

It's going to make loads of dosh. That's why the mediasphere is pressing you so hard to care, because they're pouring buckets of money into the marketing.
>>
>>62734158

Not by 100%.
>>
>>62734189
return of the jedi is prequel-trilogy-tier
>>
>>62734189

Two were decent.

And just look at the goddamn trailers.

Another Tatooine. Another Hoth. Another Yavin. Another Death Star. Another Yoda.
>>
>>62733870
The shitposting will be fun.
The actual movie is almost confirmed to be trash so there's nothing to care about.
>>
>>62733870
The villains are
>Samus
>Darth Vader cosplay
>Draco Malfoy

I'm willing to bet if Captain Samus is a stronk enough womyn, she'll turn good and join the rebels.

I hope it will be good, I think it will certainly look nice, concept art looks nice and I can't see that it will be anything short of brilliant effects (lensflare non-withstanding) I just doubt it's got any of the charm of the original 3.
>>
>>62733870
So why exactly did they give the lightsabers hilts?
Is it because it looks like a cross and kike kike shekelstein is trying to subliminally message people that Christianity is evil?
You know the jews refuse to use the + sign in math because it looks like a cross.
Also the term kike comes from when they arrived in America as immigrants, many of them couldn't read or write, and when an illiterate signs their name they put an X, but the jews were reminded of them killing Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, by that so they put a circle instead, and the Yiddish word for circle is kikel.
>>
File: 1415662959867.jpg (16 KB, 276x265) Image search: [Google]
1415662959867.jpg
16 KB, 276x265
>tfw you've been on-board the star wars hype train until recently but just realized it's gonna be shit
>>
>>62734436
>Doesn't even serve the purpose of a hilt
A hilt is there to stop the enemies sword sliding down your sword and taking all your fingers.

Hilts that large are both impractical and in this case since they are mini lightsabres dangerous as fuck.

Since the only thing that can stop a lightsabre is basically another lightsabre in the event of another lightsabre blade sliding down the blade, it's just going to cut off the parts of the sabre projecting the hilt.

Dumb as fuck.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.