[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that /tv/ seems to be filled with the most tasteless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1421902807657.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1421902807657.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Why is it that /tv/ seems to be filled with the most tasteless fanbase when it comes to boards that are centered on a main interest. I mean seriously, at least the other boards seem to have some sort of decency with what they view as essentials and while yes, it might seem somewhat pretentious to first time users, that's what it's supposed to be like if you're really passionate about your X interest, right? Checking out different boards over my time here on 4chan, I've come to see that most board is clearly divided into two main parts: the meme spouting/board culture half, and the knowledgeable second half. /toy/, /p/, /mu/, /fa/, /sp/, /lit/, /g/, and yes even /ck/ among other boards have what is obviously a very knowledgeable and loyal group of users.

This might translate into a pompous environment and may trigger flaming to first timers which very limited knowledge on their subjects but at least once you are able to understand and get the chance to know what the might consider basic pleb knowledge, it all starts to make sense. However, /tv/ is different. Most people here view it as a "fedora" attitude, dismissing what may be serious artistical works as too highbrow. /tv/ seems to be no more knowledgeable or interested in movies and tv shows than reddit or imdb. A high volume of traffic here that isnt part of the meme/board culture is very reliant on what most critics view as overrated, commercialized, or just plain awful work. Don't get me wrong, i dont expect those movies/shows not to be discussed, but you would think that for being 4chan's tv and movie board that the taste here would be a bit more cultured even if it was more exclusive.
>>
File: shit.gif (2 MB, 529x404) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
2 MB, 529x404
>>62733227
>>
File: 1307845030001.jpg (11 KB, 240x264) Image search: [Google]
1307845030001.jpg
11 KB, 240x264
If you see this post while scrolling through a meta thread you have been visited by the sage of quality control

Good fortune and quality threads will come to /tv/, but only if you post Sage in all fields.
>>
/tv/ has no identity. All you have to do is look at the live threads, or after a wide release: All crossposters from other boards, specifically /v/, /co/, /sp/, and even /b/. These are cancer; They don't care about movies, just whatever flavor of the month shit is popular at the time
If there was a scarlet letter that anons could wear saying what board they identified with the most, I'd say 9 out of 10 posters wouldn't put /tv/. Yet they will spout their memes here anyway. Fuck them all for ruining the board
>>
>>62733227
actually I came to /tv/ with a taste for art house, foreign, and avant-garde. over time I came to only care about blockbusters. theyre funner and represents a purity to cinema. also look at the type of assholes that like patrician cinema, I dont want to be anywhere near those dirty basterds
>>
File: 435.png (2 MB, 680x923) Image search: [Google]
435.png
2 MB, 680x923
>>62733227

u for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6DYUq-GWhQ
>>
>>62733227
Td;kr
>>
>>62733227
no, /mu/ is the worst. and this is coming from a musican
>>
Because liking movies and tv series is something any retard can do. A lot of people spend most of their free time watching tv and movies, yet never actually watch something engaging or with any kind of substance. The bar is set so low for calling yourself a movie buff that literal retards do it. It's just like how videogames have mobile games, and the people (women) playing them technically are gamers, so do every granny or twelve year old boy list movies as their hobby.
>>
Because television and movies are easily the most accessible thing to be interested in on this site. Who doesn't watch at least occasionaly a show or a movie?
This means that anyone, ANYONE, can come on /tv/ and start a thread about something they watched and no one would be able to tell if it was made by the plebbiest fucker on this site or the most erudite patrician.

The low entry level makes it so the quality of the discussion can only go so far, so most people really passionate in films walk away or just meme because this place brings them nothing worthwhile to talk about, only making things worse.

Someone who doesn't watch anime has no reason to go on /a/. Someone who doesn't play video games don't go on /v/. But everyone watch television and movies, so why not pop in once in a while if it's just to chat about the new Star Wars trailer? Or The Walking Dead? Why not just go to the board who love easy pop culture reference if I feel like memeing?.
I'm sure that if we would compare the ratio of "regulars" to "occasional" in board populations, /tv/ would have one of the lowest score of "regulars".
>>
Without /tv/ I would've never discovered Silicon Valley or Rick & Morty, so now I post as much as possible
>>
File: 1395610371225.jpg (13 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1395610371225.jpg
13 KB, 396x388
>>62733493
>/tv/ would have one of the lowest score of "regulars"
I'm a regular.
>>
>>62733493
>I'm sure that if we would compare the ratio of "regulars" to "occasional" in board populations, /tv/ would have one of the lowest score of "regulars".
isn't that how its always been?
>>
>>62733555
So am I anon, so am I. /tv/ has always been my main board since my first day on 4chan.

It's so painful to see it go.
>>
>>62733611
I don't know where I'm gonna go when Star Wars comes out. I'm kinda scared.
>>
>>62733405
/v/ hates all video games and they don't have an essential gaming list. They just autistically hate all video games. Worst board hands down no question.
>>
>>62733693
Why do they keep coming here for our approval?
>>
with the exception of maybe /toy/, and /ck/ , none of those boards you mentioned have a particular high number of "very knowledgeable" users, in fact i'd say boards like /mu/ and /lit/, especially, only appear that way to people who don't browse them (like you). spend any serious amount of time browsing these boards and you'd realize they are just as shit as /tv/, perhaps even more so because of the pretentiousness of its posters. you make it seem as if every other post on these boards is somehow a nugget of knowledge, and that /tv/ is somehow the only exception, when the truth is good posts are a rare thing all across 4chan (at least on the more popular boards).
>>
/mu/ is far worse, trust me.
>>
>>62733227
All the patrician posters happened to be cunnybros and were forced off to make way far the reddit audiance that moot craved so much.
>>
>>62733487
>The bar is set so low for calling yourself a movie buff that literal retards do it.
>Goes off into /v/-tier tangent.
Oh the irony.
>>
>>62734153
>when the truth is good posts are a rare thing all across 4chan (at least on the more popular boards).
Fucking this.
Even what most people consider 'good discussion' on this site is trash.
>>
>>62734649
people go to reddit for discussion
4chan is for memeing and flinging shit at retards
>>
netflix ruined this board 2bh
>>
>>62733227
>>62733473
same here, my man. /mu/ is by far the worst.
>>
>>62733493
/film/ when?
>>
>>62733227
all the memes created on here attracted the worst of the site
>>
File: 1321213398206.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1321213398206.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>62733227
>Why is it that /tv/ seems to be filled with the most tasteless fanbase when it comes to boards that are centered on a main interest.

Because all the other boards require some kinda knowledge of the subject but as every plebe watches tv and movies, every dumbass thinks their opinion is of value and worth hearing.
>>
File: 1355026703324.jpg (49 KB, 649x638) Image search: [Google]
1355026703324.jpg
49 KB, 649x638
>>62735633
>/sp/ and /v/ will never leave
>>
>>62734785
Only redditors say that.
>>
At least we're not /a/ unironically thinking moeshit is good and dismissing actually decent anime
Not to mention gay threads and "___ a cute!" threads
Worst board hands down
>>
>>62736874
>we're
lel
You're not us, /co/ or /v/ scum
>>
>>62736906
Every day I go on /tv/
That is literally the only board I main
I go on /v/ for 2 minutes then close it cause /v/s shit
fuck off
>>
Hey guys, don't mind me but does anyone know OP's address?
>>
>>62736874
>things /a/ primarily talks about until bump limit
tv anime
>things /tv/ primarily talks about until bump limit
Fucking nothing. Board's gone to shit. Where's the discussion? Threads have a half life of like 40 posts unless they're shitposting bait.
>>
>>62737000
Make a thread about twitter screencaps or some other political shit and you get a 365 post thread.

Any board that doesn't do this is GOAT at this point no matter how shit.
>>
>>62736966
See >>62736906
>>
>>62733462
superbly meme'd
>>
/mu/ has legit shittier taste in music than /tv/ has in media.
>>
>>62737542
>any 4chan board
>good taste
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.