[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: ewan-mcgregor__140205092516.jpg (92 KB, 930x1395) Image search: [Google]
ewan-mcgregor__140205092516.jpg
92 KB, 930x1395
What went wrong?
>>
>>62731943

He was only ever good in one movie (Trainspotting).
>>
Daddy, desu.
>>
Star Wars prequels
>>
Nothing much? Pretty well known actor even if he's not a massive star most people recognise him, no major controversies. Ageing very, very, well.
>>
The guy is a good great actor, but because of his more low profile style of acting, he never was really seen as someone who would draw audiences on his own.
>>
>>62731943
Not much

He was the best actor in the prequels, and even after ROTS he still managed to maintain somewhat of a profile and didn't completely fall off the radar like hayden
>>
>>62731983
He was like the only good actor and character in that
>>
>>62731943
Trainspotting 2 hasn't been released yet
>>
>>62732080
It's treason, then.
>>
>>62732080
>Ian McDiarmid
>Christopher Lee
>Bad actors
>>
Nothing he's based. And he's a great actor, he just likes small movies more.
>>
>>62731943
not black enough
>>
>>62732095
Are you threatening me, master jedi?
>>
>implying
>>
He's good as long as his character isn't required to be the most memorable character in the film. Renton is not the most memorable character in Trainspotting but he makes the movie tick - this plays to Ewan McGregor's style of acting. Tom Hanks is similar in that respect if you disregard Forrest Gump.
>>
>>62731943
Nothing.

>Do a few shit films like Star Wars to fill up your bank account
>Spend the rest of your career making smaller films that you have a passion for and enjoy

Pretty smart to be honest
>>
>>62732143
Who's the most memorable character from trainspotting then?
>>
>>62732167
Begbie. By a good distance.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 590x350
He was in a fairly lame Polanski movie. Not bad, but not great either. Same story with Woody Allen as well.

Maybe Nolan or Scorsese will pick him for something next. Spielberg would be a good bet as well.
>>
>tfw Lucious Vorenus wont be in the sequel
>>
>>62732206
>Spielberg casting an uncircumcised goy
>>
Star Wars basically put his career on hiatus. He closed shop (had a thrifty little production house with Jude Law and Paltrow I think) and started early retirement.
He'll resurface, in half a decades-decades time.
>>
Did anyone see the jesus movie?
>>
>>62732358
lol wut?

He's been in 35 movie/shows since the last Star Wars in 2005
>>
File: phillip-morris-3.png (412 KB, 955x503) Image search: [Google]
phillip-morris-3.png
412 KB, 955x503
I fell in love with Ewan in this movie
>>
Does anybody remember his reality show where he went camping and hiking?
>>
>>62732375

He's an acting powerhouse in it, but the movie itself is quite unambitious.
>>
>>62731966
fuck ur dubs, he's fantastic in lots of films.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.