[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ex_machina
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: iRobot.jpg (29 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
iRobot.jpg
29 KB, 600x300
wait was he a robot or?
>>
Yeah, he probably posted on /r9k/.
>>
Just watched this for the first time today.
Is the overlying theme the "chess computer" thing? Simulation vs. actually doing something?

Ava was pretending to like Caleb in order to escape
Nathan lured Caleb there under false pretenses
Caleb was plotting against Nathan the majority of the time he was there
All in order to achieve their own personal goals. If they're all simulating something, what makes them human?

Am I close?
>>
>>62731986
nearly

it was about shagging robot cunny
>>
>>62731856

Yes, it's heavily implied he's also a machine. Director hinted at it as well.
>>
>>62731986
pretty much. it's a dissertation on what we are actually referring to when we talk about "intelligence". Unlike any film I've seen about AI before it makes the case that human intelligence isn't actually something mystical but just the ability to behave in ways that fulfill biological needs - so if you make a robot that can predict, mimick and exploit that kind of behavior they may as well be said to have human-level intelligence.
>>
File: frodo.png (325 KB, 560x559) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
325 KB, 560x559
If she's powered by induction coils, why doesn't she turn off when she leaves the building?
>>
>>62731856
Ex Machina is not about AI or robotics.

It's about Feminism.

Discuss.
>>
>>62731856
Ex Machina is not about AI or robotics.

It's about beta Whitekinghts.

Discuss.
>>
>>62732996
>women, if let loose will cause the death of everyone including their male "allies"

yeah, pretty true. Women ruin everything
>>
>>62731856
He was a Deckard.
>>
>>62731856

No, I think he proved to himself that he wasn't. He had the understandable worry that he was, though.
>>
>>62732025
How so? I don't really remember the movie on a scene by scene basis
>>
>>62733212
His own suspicion of it is really as far as the implication goes. The intro of the movie is extremely short - we only see him outside of the facility for 10 seconds, which, in support of the AI theory, could imply that that memory was just programmed into his head.
Also, during that intro and during the part where he cuts his arm in order to see whether or not he's a robot, the environment and his body starts getting weird graphical glitches, which could also support the theory that he was a robot.

I don't think he was, though.
>>
File: 1447522585400.jpg (224 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1447522585400.jpg
224 KB, 1200x900
>>62731856
We were all robots all long
>>
File: convergence.jpg (367 KB, 1100x667) Image search: [Google]
convergence.jpg
367 KB, 1100x667
What was the painting symbolic of?
>>
>>62735117
symbol of the human spirit that moves the bodys with his own intention and without thinking
>>
Can we talk about the fact that the earlier, inferior models of robot were all PoC and the state of the art one was Aryan?
>>
>>62735380
I didn't exactly get this. Why did he have all the old ones hoarded in his closet? And why was it such a "reveal" within the movie? We had already known there were past models.
>>
>>62735453

I assumed because he wiped their memory so they became submissive Asian bot and periodically fucked them/had orgies because he wanted to spice things up with his bottom bitch
>>
>>62731868

>shut in
>no social skills
>probably autistic
>desperate for a gf

Yep.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.