[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>How capeshit should be Funny, Silly, Unrealistic and colorful.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13
File: whore_antma.jpg (506 KB, 686x1000) Image search: [Google]
whore_antma.jpg
506 KB, 686x1000
>How capeshit should be
Funny, Silly, Unrealistic and colorful. Like Antman, Guardians of the Galaxy,Thor and Avengers.

>How Manchildren thinks capeshit should be
Grimdark, serious, realistic and boring. Like Man of Steel and Nolan Batman
>>
File: Jimbo.png (307 KB, 361x501) Image search: [Google]
Jimbo.png
307 KB, 361x501
You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-translations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?
>>
>How capeshit should be
Gone. Forever.
>>
>>62730511
Different characters and different stories in comics have different tones. Get over it.
>>
>>62730546
This isn't' even a good pasta why do people keep using it
>>
>>62730565
Superman is silly and colorful in the comics tho
>>
File: advanceautism.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
advanceautism.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>62730553
>>
Nah man you're just factually wrong. Any concept can be taken seriously if its well written, Man of Steel was just bad. There are serious Ant-Man stories like when his daughter died just like there are fun ones, dont be narrow minded.
>>
>>62730907
>capeshit shouldn't disappear
No Anonymous#62730907, you are the cancer
>>
>How capeshit should be

Wiped out in every conceivable form of media
>>
black widow wasn't even in ant man..
>>
>>62730511
BLADE IS GOOD AND EDGY GRIMDARK

PROVE ME WRONG
>>
>>62731065
Good point but Blade 2 is better
>>
>>62731038
Nice try, 4chan
>>
>>62731065
Just the first Blade, the others were shit
>>
File: Cinématographie.webm (3 MB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
Cinématographie.webm
3 MB, 1280x721
>How capeshit should be
>>
"Comic book movies should be dark and gritty" is the comic fan version of "videogames are art".

Said only by people defensive about their hobby and wanting validation from society. But guess what, superheroes are cheesy as fuck, and videogames are just expensive toys, and that's ok.
>>
>>62730546
Who ever wrote that pasta is pretty fucking ignorant. Movies are simply visual story telling. We have been telling stories since the beginning of time.
>>
>How capeshit should be
Dead and buried.

>How Manchildren thinks capeshit should be
Making up 90% of threads on /tv/
>>
>>62730565

Yeah and those movies aren't using those tones haha Greeece you ever read old Batman/superman comics?
>>
>>62731029
>Any concept can be taken seriously if its well written
sure but it wouldn't resemble any variant of Superman.

if Superman was taken seriously it would be about an alien God who takes over the Earth for the ostensible benefit of humans, because that's what would actually happen given Superman's powers and realistic psychology.

the philosophy that is used to justify Superman hiding behind a secret identity to avoid impinging on people's right to govern themselves existed before the character, it's standard postwar self-congratulatory American idealism aimed at young boys. it's not "realistic" or "serious".
>>
File: jessica-biel-00018.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
jessica-biel-00018.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1200
>>62731111
You got a problem with Jessica Biel's ass bro?
>>
>>62731133

Your reading comprehension is terrible. He's saying they should be campy and bright not grim dark shit
>>
>>62731204
Serious doesn't mean realistic. All the best Superman stories are serious even stuff like All Star Superman. You think it would be as well regarded as it is if it was nothing but a fun romp? Its well written and ridiculous but because of how well told it is people take it seriously. Honestly as for the bottom part of your post I dont know how to respond to that and cant even tell if you mean it because of the nature of sarcasm on this board.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 509x755
>>62730511
What about Watchmen
>>
>>62731253
SO like Deadpool then? I can see that.

But then again, the Chris Reeves Superman movies were bretty good and those had both campy and serious moments.
>>
>>62731242
>Jessica Biel's ass

Where?
>>
>>62731327
In my lap.
>>
>>62731303
>read the original graphic novel
>ending is lighthearted
>Jon smiles, and is seemingly still human
Holy shit, makes the movie look like a piece of steaming shit, not that it wasn't already
>>
>>62731304

Yes the reeves movies are right. Original Spider-Man, current marvel movies a few of the Indy books. But the current shit WB is pulling for the DC movies is completely wrong and it sucks.
>>
>>62730511
>You will never shrink down and climb into ScarJos skin tight suit and hike around her mounds

JDISMA
>>
>>62730511
>Funny, Silly, Unrealistic and colorful.
>Like Antman, Guardians of the Galaxy,Thor and Avengers.

gtfo Marvel shill

those are all pure shit, Raimi's Spider Man is way better than those at being a fun capeshit
>>
>>62731362
I never read the graphic novel, but if the scenes of Rorschach investigating the little girl's kidnapping are in there, then the ending doesn't fucking matter, the movie would have to be adapted as dark
>>
>>62731270
>Serious doesn't mean realistic

Serious means realistic to most people. The realistic parts of a story, even a children's story, are what people wind up taking seriously, even if that means just the emotions or the theme.

Remember that the first Supe movie literally ended with him turning back time to bring his gf back to life. So the only part of the character that people take seriously is pure wish fulfillment - NOT like an Ant-man story where his daughter dies.

>All Star Superman

I'm a normie and I haven't heard of it. If it's so good why didn't they make it into a movie? Why wouldn't it translate?

>Honestly as for the bottom part of your post

Superman's catchphrase was literally "truth, justice and the American way". He's not a serious character with full-fleshed out, believable psychology, he represents an ideal.

Stories that test the idealism of the character against anything remotely realistic won't work because the whole point of the character is to not be realistic.
>>
>>62731446
Yeah those scenes are there, but it's a lot less graphic. He does kill the dogs, but he doesn't chop the guys head off, he leaves him to burn
>>
>>62731520
Leaving him to burn sounds worse than cleaving him desu
>>
>god complex
>le quips

choose neither
>>
>>62731520
>>62731582
Also he doesn't chop his head off in the film, he stabs him repeatedly
>>
>>62731511
Yes I agree about idealism but characters like Ant-Man are not walking ideals. I am referring to them as comic characters so thats why I brought up comic stories as examples. I still feel what I said stands true, comic stories are a better example because more things have actually been done with the characters rather than movies playing it safe constantly and never doing anything challenging so without trying to come off as patronizing I understand why you feel this why but I simply disagree because I feel more informed on adventures the characters have been on having seen first had that they can be unrealistic and serious at the same time.

As for All Star Superman, come on it doesn't have to be good to have a movie. Thats not a seal of quality. But with that said it actually does have a movie, it just took the comic and made it worse in every way. So if you want you can watch that but I would recommend the comic which you can download off KAT. The movie is on Netflix in Canada
>>
>>62731582
It's better, Veidt is also less autistic and actually has character development.
Basically everyone has development, ZS just focused on Rorschach and even then he completely skimmed over him
>>
>>62731681
>ZS just focused on Rorschach and even then he completely skimmed over him

Can't argue with that

Also, did you prefer Jon in the novel or in the movie? I might have to read it if it's as good as you say
>>
>>62731651
you seem p cool senpai baka etc

>more things have actually been done with the characters rather than movies playing it safe constantly and never doing anything challenging

I don't know if a lot of the more "challenging" stuff the comics have done would actually work in movies. It's like the difference between novels and movies - movies are much more sensitive to shifts in tone because they have more verisimilitude and you aren't creating the story in your head as much.

What does it add to a serious story about losing your daughter to have the main character be frickin ANTMAN? That works for comics because they are serialized and there is an existing investment in the characters, but for a movie, you'd just make people wonder why they're not watching a proper drama which focuses on a realistic setting so the situation is more relateable to people's actual experiences. Normies watch capeshit for escapism because that's what it's best adapted to dealing with.
>>
>>62731681
>ZS just focused on Rorschach and even then he completely skimmed over him
I can't believe his chapter where the psychiatrist interviews him was mostly cut
>>
>>62730511

The only decent shit you posted out of all that was Ant-Man. And really Rudd/supporting casts deserves more credit than anyone else.
>>
Ant-man is without a doubt the single shittiest piece of media /tv/ has ever tricked me into watching.

It was an amalgamation of every single shitty movie cliche and one-liner. You could have a frogposter thread reach the bump limit posting nothing but Ant-man quotes.
>>
>>62731747
Jon in the novel is a lot better. The movie makes Jon come across as an arrogant asshole. The novel also has a whole chapter dedicated to understanding how he feels. He's still partly human and weak, in the movie they made him a god
>>
Has there been any Superhero movie as good as TDK?
>>
>>62731885
Cool, thanks m8
>>
>>62731804

It wasn't a good decision.

Still I think the movie gets a lot of flak but there was some amazing scenes in it.

>The Opening
>Showing how Jon views the passage of time
>Brutal rape scene
>That fucking oil being thrown on the inmate
>Snow being caught in Dr.Manhattans field when he nukes Rorshach

I am very love/hate with the movie sometimes, they blurred the line so badly between the characters and basically gave them actual super powers but there's some really good stuff in there.
>>
>>62731900
Yes, all of them.
>>
>>62731964
It has pretty good details I'll admit. But seriously, Veidt being still ended up looking like a villain in the movie even if he did the "right thing".
The only scene where I will say the movie improves is the whole "Veidt was right" part, Dan just kinda agrees in the end, and Laurie just shrugs it off. The whole blonde hair part was stupid as well, maybe I didn't understand it
>>
File: 1446958045065.gif (187 KB, 276x374) Image search: [Google]
1446958045065.gif
187 KB, 276x374
>How capeshit should be
OnePunch Man

>How manchildren think it should be
Any trash marvel and DC shit out.
>>
File: The-Flash_article_story_large.jpg (227 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
The-Flash_article_story_large.jpg
227 KB, 1012x675
>>62730511
THIS is how capeshit should be.

The Marvel movies have gotten so stale and formulaic as fuck.
>>
>>62731399
>JDISMA
What this mean dub guy?
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 509x755
>>62732189
Capeshit should actually be like this m8
>>
>>62732189
Flash is really fun, but not better than Marvel movies
>>
File: daredevil.png (782 KB, 946x532) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.png
782 KB, 946x532
I love the fact that Daredevil was made in spite of your gay 90 minute memeflicks.
>>
Yep everything should just be zany and quippy, just like the Mehvel comedies.
>>
>>62730511
Thor and it's sequel were fucking terrible!
>>
>>62732299
just die in my sleep already
>>
>>62730511

Was this a real poster for the movie?
>>
>>62731511
>If it's so good why didn't they make it into a movie?

I envy your trust in Hollywood producers
>>
>>62730511
Why can't we have both?

Also

>calling other people manchildren while shitposting on a board of Cambodian puppetry
>>
>>62730511
>OP obviously a DC fan
>Man of Steel thread "Why is it so good?" confirms he made both threads
>OP is a faggot butthurt as fuck by Marvels success and these shitty threads are his way of showing how much of a crybaby faggot he is
>>
>>62730511
What the fuck was funny about Thor?
>>
Capeshit just shouldn't be
>>
>how capeshit should be
Superman (78) and burton's batman

>how it shouldn't be
Homoginized factory products like marvel studios
>>
>>62731204
Most of superman's comics from golden age onward have been "serious" no matter how ridiculous the situations were.
Superman and the other characters took the events seriously and not in the modern "tongue in cheek , look how dumb this is" way either.

Also fuck you
>>
>>62732307
Yeah nah. That film was good but it's a done idea now. You couldn't really make a sequel or copy it.
>>
>>62732189
Barry is a whiny cunt and the relationship drama aspect is shit and takes up way too much time
>>
>>62730511
>Nolan trilogy and MoS
>realistic
when will this meme die
>>
File: i like it thor meme.jpg (72 KB, 378x363) Image search: [Google]
i like it thor meme.jpg
72 KB, 378x363
>>62734966
Everything but the fights?
>>
File: 1441298762537.gif (748 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1441298762537.gif
748 KB, 500x482
>>62730511
>Funny, Silly, Unrealistic and colorful
>Thor
Did you even watch it? Those movies were so boring and dull, and the whole "magic is science too" ruined them for me
>>
>>62735349

"Gritty" might be a better term, but you can't deny that it made a much more serious effort at realism than previous entries. Remember, the last set of Batman movies before Nolan's take were the Schumacher ones. You know, the ones with the bat nipples? And the iceskating scene?
>>
>>62732862
They should have always had that costume though instead of him getting the meme costume. Or just have the current costume to the bandanna over his eyes instead of the mask he got.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.