[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything this movie can do to make you guys not hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
Is there anything this movie can do to make you guys not hate it once it comes out
>>
>>62728429
kill off the nigger in the first 10 minutes and make Luke the main character
>>
I don't hate it, I just don't care.
>>
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>62728487
Yeah, I'm pretty much over it. Seeing Starwars plastered everywhere's just made me tired of it all. Kind of like Avengers, but cranked up to 11
>>
>>62728429
It's gonna have to be in the same league as the original two films.

>good acting
>good dialogue
>character development
>good humour
>good tone
>not a fuck ton of CGI
>great score
>not a re-hash of past plots

I'm fairly certain a few of those aren't going to happen though.
>>
>>62728429
for one thing you guys could stop the 24/7 shilling.

I mean I know you wont, you guys are being paid to do a job and you're going to do it but just don't be surprised people are sick and tired of it at this point
>>
>>62728429
space battles
>>
>>62728429
That fucking sabre is worse than the nigger.
>>
if everyone else hates it, /tv/ will love it
>>
>>62728429
Make Snookie into Darth Plaeguis or Darth Darth Binks

Hell, just make a final stance on EU and wether the new trilogy is about the Solo twins or not
>>
>>62728784
>Make Snookie into Darth Plaeguis
Nothing could be worse. Thankfully, it won't happen.

>Hell, just make a final stance on EU
EU IS DEAD, FUCK OFF WITH YOUR SHIT FAN FICTION.
>>
>>62728570
>good acting.

Fat chance of that happening, judging by the quality in this sneak peak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TT-NV2n1sQ
>>
File: 1441302667319.jpg (1 MB, 3649x593) Image search: [Google]
1441302667319.jpg
1 MB, 3649x593
Trying something new instead of boring pleb shit again
>>
File: 1445194190634.jpg (171 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
1445194190634.jpg
171 KB, 1200x627
>>62728570
>great score

This is what it will do, nothing more
>>
I will like it if it does anything unpredictable.

My biggest fear is that they'll play it too safe and do nothing risky, just basically go through the motions.

So far none of the designs, characters or sets look all that impressive. It just looks like a mediocre rehash of familiar stuff from the OT.
>>
If Snoke is actually Sheev
>>
File: 1445885973220.webm (189 KB, 576x480) Image search: [Google]
1445885973220.webm
189 KB, 576x480
>>62728841
why is jj such a lazy hack?
>>
nigger is killed off by being sliced in half

Darth Maul finds the lower half and has it reattached to his upper half.
>>
>>62728429
I'm not going to hate it.
I'm just not going to like it as much as something else it could have been.
From what I've seen, read, heard and what's been rumoured, it just feels like a complete rehash of A New Hope.
>>
File: ebbbb.png (36 KB, 805x688) Image search: [Google]
ebbbb.png
36 KB, 805x688
>>62728570
>>not a fuck ton of CGI
>>
>>62729032
>From what I've seen, read, heard and what's been rumoured, it just feels like a complete rehash of A New Hope.

Correction, they are also including most popular elements for ESB.
New Boba, new Yoda, and family twist reveal.
Couldn't be an fucking safer if they tried.
>>
>>62728814
>That's the joke

Plaeguis is canon though
>>
>>62728429
Extremely fast, passionate and exquisitely coreographed lightsaber fights. Actually that's the only reason I endure Stars Wars at all.
>>
>>62729165
So is Robo-Darth Maul.

Both are too stupid to ever make it to film though.
>>
>>62729189
This. I want to see the raid 2 with laser swords
>>
>>62729189
Have you seen the prequels?
>>
File: luBRxiO.jpg (181 KB, 1236x609) Image search: [Google]
luBRxiO.jpg
181 KB, 1236x609
>>62728429

>If it maintained the theme of the OT instead of just re-hasing story beats.

>If it featured Luke as a prime-level Jedi Master instead of a shut in hermit because that's what Yoda and Obi did so now that's what Luke has to do.

>If it featured Luke's Aryan son, instead of Luke's daughter and nigger sidekick

>If it had the balls to kill of Leia instead of carting Carrie Fisher out and CGI'ing over her swamp monster appearance.

>If it introduced new characters against the backdrop of familiar races. Haven't seen any of the typical background aliens that make SW appear Starwarsy.

>Models and practical explosions. The only reason TPM actually looked like a SW movie.

>New action sequences. So far, according to the leaks, we have a New turret gun scene, a New Cantina scene, a New Death Star mixed with a New Hoth Battle. Bravo JJ
>>
>>62728570
CGI is fine in combat/action scenes, it's the one thing the prequels did better than the OT, there were some legitimately nice looking ships and space dogfights (Obi Wan vs Jango for example). CGI in place of an actual set is what fucked everything up but George Lucas isn't directing so I actually have hope.
>>
>>62729254
mah nigga
that's quite difficult though, I'd settle for something in par with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

>>62729399
Yeah. Only Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul is good, the rest is pure shit. Obi-Wan vs Anakin is laughable, and probably one of the worst duels in the franchise.

On the originals the winner is of course the last Luke vs Darth Vader on the Jedi. It's not the fast action that we have nowadays but it's pretty good for its time.
>>
>>62728429
Nope. Even if its GOAT /tv/ has put too much effort into shitposting about it in the lead up to just like it. Prepare for another 6 months of threads about how shit it is, how it didn't use enough puppets and real sets, how its sjw pandering.

Starkeks are worse than capeshitters.
>>
>>62728516
It's to shield him from your faggot memery.
>>
Kylo Ren is redeemed at the end but Luke Kills him anyway because the force is a terrible pain in the ass.
>>
>>62729441
Shhh anon, if there is even a second extra cgi in this movie than was in episode IV, we riot.
>>
1. Explain that lightsabre
2. No forced romance between Finn and Rey
3. Finn is not a Jedi

If the film has/does these 3 things, I will be fine with it
>>
File: SUCR STARS THE FCUCK AWBANE.jpg (302 KB, 1024x1517) Image search: [Google]
SUCR STARS THE FCUCK AWBANE.jpg
302 KB, 1024x1517
>>62728429
I won't hate it if it avoids being just a point by point remake of A New Hope, as is looking increasingly likely.

>Rey = Luke
>Finn = Leia
>Poe = Han
>Old Han = Obi-wan
>BB-8 = R2-D2
>Kylo = Vader
>Hux = Tarkin
>Jakku = Tattooine
>Starkiller Base = Death Star (obviously)
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.