[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Lost World good or bad? I find it hard to decide. It has great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 11168888_800.jpg (281 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
11168888_800.jpg
281 KB, 800x1200
Is Lost World good or bad? I find it hard to decide. It has great stuff like the hunters, the long grass scene and San Diego finale.

But on the other hand it has Vince Vaugn and gymnastics beating raptors. Besides, whenever I start to watch it it feels so slooow and boring.
>>
Absolute aids. Jurassic Park 3 is at least somewhat watchable if still pretty weak.
>>
>>62727150

Its bretty gud, the whole "TLW sucks" meme only started a few years ago.
>>
>>62727150
I hated it. It's like they figured out what went right in the first one and tried to do the opposite. T-Rex in the city 1925 LW style should've been cool, but they somehow fucked it up.

JP3 was at least a fun romp if anything.
>>
Jurassic Park: Good
The Lost World: Mediocre
Jurassic Park 3: Bad
Jurassic World: Bad
>>
>>62727765
how old r u? I saw Lost World in the theater and no one seemed to like it. Also I've never met anyone that admited it's any good or their fav Jurassic movie.

That finale was down right retarded.
>>
>>62727150
best in the series for me.
>>
>>62727150
tried to do too much at once.
Should have cut out the third act in the city.
>>
>>62727150
no one wants to admit its good, yet it has so many memorable moments..

> the hunter lecturing the rich guy about "all i want is the chance to hunt a Trex"
> the trailer getting pushed off the cliff
> don't go in the long grass
> the dude who slides down to the river and gets killed by compys

also goldbloom and milf moore..
>>
>>62728444
Trips of truth

It's the second best in the series, after the first. The hunters should have gotten their deleted scenes kept but Speilberg thought they were getting more sympathetic than the protagonists. If you try to watch the movie as one about a bunch of professionals getting fucked up by hippies it turns to a completely different movie.
>>
Good moments, but overall a mediocre movie.

Best watched as highlight clips on youtube.
>>
>>62727705
this
>>
>>62728523
> The hunters should have gotten their deleted scenes kept
shieeeet before i google, any link to these?

the hippies were 1000% fucking annoying. especially when that dumb bitch brings the baby trex to the cabin, but i guess we are supposed to side with goldbloom the whole time
>>
Jurassic park 3 to me has always been essentially an excuse for MORE DINOSAUR MERCH!
>>
File: 1434597766123.jpg (24 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1434597766123.jpg
24 KB, 288x499
>>62727705
>>62728544
>JP3
>better than TLW

You need help.
>>
>>62727150
When that idiotic nigger kills the poor raptor for acting like a raptor and they show her suffering while fighting for her life I became a vegetarian.
>>
It would have been better if they had chosen almost anyone but goldbloom to be the lead. He was alright in the smaller part he had in the previous movie, but he's not leading man material IMO
>>
>>62728444
I always liked the T-Rex in the back yard scene. It was funny and terrifying at the same time.
>>
>>62728575
Got you senpai

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bY4y0dOjjNQ
>>
1 > 2 > 4 > 3

i wanna say 4 is better than 2 but it didn't have any fun set-pieces or characters

dino crisis 2 > dino crisis > trespasser > turok
>>
It was OK, much better than the forgettable Jurassic Park 3.

Good first half on the island, then it turns to shit. Worst plot hole/movie mistake ever and then a boring chase in the city.
>>
>>62728621
cheers brah, fuck these plebs who suggest 3 > 2

> shit characters
> muh teenage boy living in jungle
> muh raptor conversations
> muh pterodactlys no one cares about
>>
>>62728611
Moore should have been the lead with Goldbloom as a side character. I mean they changed so much from the book anyway, why not go with a better actor as your lead?
>>
>Jurassic Park
>Lost World
>Jurassic World
>
>
>
>3

Lost World had this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGs4dcUg-MY

It simply can't be bad
>>
Lost world was dope as FUCK, the best part was the vehicles
>>
>>62728639
Turok 2 is better than all those shit games desu senpai.
>>
>>62728616
this kind of shit is why 2 is a good, yet flawed movie. it has some brilliant moments you remember, and some great characters. when they put the black girl in the elevator and she goes up above the trees, and she sees the trees rustling.. thats a great scene. when the hunter sneaks up on the trex to hunt it, but it spots them, great scene. even when the faggot hippies try to break free the dinos its a more interesting character dynamic than they ever have in 3 and 4.

y'all don't appreciate 2 just cause some gymnastics and king kong ending?
>>
>>62728695
>That play set
>those battle damaged t-Rex figures
>making them have sex and then plopping out the baby t-rex

Child hood was fun
>>
Anyone else read the book?
It's pretty dope for a book.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-aEVaObDN4&list=PLD6E4985C2AA8AA00&index=15

> this dude does soundtrack for jurassic world
> can't remember a single good tune from that movie
why
>>
>>62727150
the lost world is fucking DOPE son
>>
HOLD THE FUCK UP FAMILY

What's worse?
>Screaming baby T-Rex in Lost Word
OR
>Screaming kid in War of the Worlds?
>>
>>62728769
I liked the book better than the first one.
>>
>>62727150
It wasn't bad really, a fair bit darker. I liked the theme tune at least. It was 3 which was truly bad.
>>
>>62728796
Say what you will about JW as a movie, but he did a great job on its score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6u-Mz7u5c
>>
>>62728877
Me too.
Jurassic World was closer to the book's themes
>>
>Dat Godzilla reference.

How can you know at least enjoy this movie?
>>
>>62728951
Indeed. Also Lost World tried to cram too much stuff in from the first book, such as someone getting eaten by compys. That was actually John Hammonds death in the first book, should have just put that in the first movie since Hammonds character is pointless in Lost World anyway.
>>
>>62728924
its great i just don't remember any memorable tunes or themes.. that said, there was a great feeling of dread in some of the soundtrack i really liked
>>
All I remember about Lost World is that I hated every single character and was happy when they died.
>>
Jurassic Park: Instant Classic
Lost World: Mediocre
JP 3: Pretty Bad
Jurassic World: Terrible
>>
>>62729411
The bad guy at the end getting cripped by Mama Rex so Baby Rex could eat him was admittedly extremely satisfying.
>>
>>62727150
Its good. It was a blockbuster followup to the first one, and while it wasn't as exciting, it hit all the main points...Besides the stupid monkey child acrobatics. I had a sense this was the last movie in the entire thing. They shouldn't have made 3 or Jurassic World.
>>
Big bad corporation guy is Hammond nephew
Hammond is played by Richard Attenborough
so bad guy is David Attenborough son
>>
>>62730888
trips speak the truth
>>
>>62727150
Its only worth watching for Pratt's pretty face. Don't expect much.
>>
>>62728686
what the fuck
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.