[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
Is Batman TDKR most GOAT batman movie ever?

Just watch this shit. Peter Weller as Batman is absolutely amazing. Christian Bale's gravelly sore throat voice doesn't come close to the intimidation of Weller's cold bluntness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWbkUgigvI
>>
>>62727112
Nah, the mask of the phantasm is better
>>
>>62727112
Slice and Dice

It's good but I preferred Year One
>>
>>62727112
SSSSLICE AND DICEEE

I thought the robin and the joker in this were shit though. Mostly because of the jokers voice tbf
They should just get mark hamill to do every joker voice ever
>>
>>62727133
Mask of the phantasm was pretty great. The film noir of it was so well done I'll give it that
>>
Hate it. I hate all this pandering to manchildren. Making cartoons for them so they dont have to read the original TDKR comics, which were so much better than this asian sweatshop cranked-out crap made for the sole purpose of getting the monies off 25-45 year old white virgin males.
>>
>>62727221
Pretty much all of your criticism seems to be about viewers not the film itself
>>
>>62727221
buzzwords: the post
>>
File: the joker.jpg (96 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
the joker.jpg
96 KB, 960x960
Return of the Joker > Everything
>>
>>62727112
Batman is savage as fuck. So that guy died, right?
>>
>>62727256
>Pretty much all of your criticism seems to be about viewers not the film itself

Because the viewers are partly to blame for this river of mediocre animation just covering old ground done so much better in the comics.

The cartoons are shit, all the good parts of them come from the comics!! And geeks are so naive that they praise these shitty cartoons when all the good writing in them came from the comics 25 years ago!

Take away the writing and all you have is mediocre animation with voice actors looking for work.
>>
>>62727327
Not sure. Chances are he's crippled for life but idk if he's dead.

Batmans rule is no killing and no guns, but I guess he wouldn't mind beating someone to a pulp and leaving them to die in pain
>>
>>62727327
no, but he did turn him into a paraplegic
>>
>>62727288
weak comeback: the post
>>
File: hamill joker.jpg (115 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
hamill joker.jpg
115 KB, 970x545
Killing Joke is coming out next year and it is literally going to set the bar so heigh no Batman film will ever get within a mile of it
>>
>>62727369
Bruh that's all cartoons. And Peter weller is NOT mediocre.
>>
man,DC blows marvel the fuck out of water when it comes to television
>>
First part was good, second part was meh. I hated Robin.
>>
>>62727403
They're gonna have to stretch the fuck out of it, though. The killing joke is like one small joker plot that does a few important things, then batman foils it and then it ends
>>
>>62727455
Is it bad that I wanted the joker to kidnap her and split her between the legs like a coconut?
>>
Looks like shit desu.

The art in the book isn't great but it's a million times better than that generic garbage.
>>
>>62727411
>Bruh that's all cartoons.
Bullshit. That is a insult to the writers that actually come up with new material for specifically for the animation being made.

These DC cartoons are just money magnet of milking old comics and using their reputation to make cash.

>Peter weller is NOT mediocre.

We are not talking about Peter Weller's entire career. That is not mediocre. His delivery of lines for this cartoon was.
>>
>>62727369
Go to /co/ then. I'm not paying £30 for a comic book
>>
This thread belongs in /co/ you stupid fagot.
>>
>>62727466

I think it works if they use the basic plot and just ass in some scenes of Batman and Alfred talking and him kicking in some random street thugs
>>
>>62727112
Is Batman The Dark Knight Rises most GOAT batman movie ever?
Yes
>>
>>62727574
But batman isn't even in the plot 90% of the story, its just the joker fucking shit up and then batman stopping him at the end. I guess they could shove in some hospital scenes with barbara and some 'bat family feels depressed' stuff, but I don't really know what they could add
>>
>>62727369
>mediocre animation
yeah, the DC and Marvel animated universes look so fucking stiff. It's difficult to imagine an animation studio taking risks that could compete with comics. The water-painted aesthetics in the comics, or the small imperfections that make some panels look rough but also fit with the rest of the page. It's pretty obvious animated comic book movies are bound to a certain aesthetic that ends up looking sterile.
>>
>>62727537
Fair enough, I thought he was a good fit though. And the animation is not bad, the quality and artwork is really good believe it or not. It's not anime, is that why you dislike it?
>>
>>62727606

It's probably going to be Hamills final apperance as the Joker

I'm happy we get more of him
>>
>>62727572
I didn't know there was a cartoon board. But it's still a movie even if it was direct to dvd
>>
>>62727112
>cmd f
>No one mentioning those outrageous nipples.
wtf
>>
>>62727602
4U
>>
>>62727112
That's not Under the Red Hood.
>>
File: dis joker.jpg (20 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
dis joker.jpg
20 KB, 600x346
The GOAT incoming
>>
>>62727786
Under the red hood was a garbage animated movie.
Not as bad as batman vs robin though
>>
>>62727466
It may have been awhile since I read that, but Batman does surprisingly little in it, does he not?
>>
>>62727825

It's not really about Batman though
>>
>>62727133

This and year one are the best.
>>
>>62727825
Yeah, he does practically nothing.
He finds barbara paralysed and gets angry, then it just shows gordon's torture for most of it, then RIGHT before he goes insane, batman jumps in and saves him. Its spent on the joker for the most of it
>>
>>62727655
Hey man everybody's got their thing
>>
File: dingdingding.gif (439 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
dingdingding.gif
439 KB, 250x188
>>62727322
>>62727801
>>
>>62727801
>"YOU'RE NOT BATMAN!!!"
>>
>>62727112
>Peter Weller's "I don't give a fuck" voice acting
>Korean slave animation

Nah, Mask of the Phantasm still holds best Batman movie title. TDKR adaptation was pretty good.
>>
>>62727809
>Under the red hood was a garbage animated movie.

Are you talking solely from an animation standpoint?

Because it was a pretty wild ride as far as narrative goes.
>>
>>62727986

Jason Todd was a memeRobin

Who even cares if he dies
>>
>>62727221
Yep.

This cartoon and others like Year One are literally just moving comic books. There's nothing inspired or original about them at all like you might find in other movie adaptions that lift plot points from various source materials.

These cashgrabs are audio books with pictures pandering to illiterates who don't even have the attention span necessary to sit and read something as basic as a comic.
>>
>>62727112
>Peter Weller as Batman is absolutely amazing

I thought the voice acting fucking sucked tbqhwyf
>>
>>62728026
Who cares? It is what it is.
>>
>>62728026
That was exactly their intention
>>62727552
>>
>>62727112
Check out this amazing shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgWBvRmP1bc
>>
>>62727112
>Peter Weller just reading his lines.
Part of the point is for Batman to have a deep voice, he has to hide is real voice. At least Bale's voice was realistic, you're voice would get fucked up talking like that after awhile.
>>
>Batman Beyond > B:TAS
>>
File: 1392931864140.jpg (10 KB, 309x270) Image search: [Google]
1392931864140.jpg
10 KB, 309x270
>>62728141
>Shit>>>>your opinion
>>
>>62728207

B:TAS has higher highs but also lower lows it's inconsistant as fuck

Beyond is just 3 solid seasons of goodness
>>
>>62728141
>this is what millennials actually believe
>>
>>62728141
>>Apples > Oranges

That's what you sound like.
>>
>>62728122
I just like the idea of ex robocop voicing batman. He even takes on mutant criminals in an industrial wasteland.
>>
They really took a shit on the art and a lot of the best lines weren't delivered that well. Not that great, but for casual movie babies I can see how it would be GOAT
>>
>>62728026
Not literally though, they are the comics with worse dumbed down art, stiff animation, and abridged. So worse in every way.
>>
>>62727403
Its going to be worse in every single way from the comic. Every literal possible way it will be worse and it will use the recoloring pallet instead of the original. I am so confident in this im saying it like it's a fact.
>>
>>62728313
Apples and oranges are both round. The point of comparisons is the two things are different.
>>
>>62727221
>>62727621
>>62728415
>>62728482

Yeah, that's the biggest hurdle when it comes to me liking these adaptations, the art is still so goddamned stiff and lifeless. Bruce timm insisted on streamlining animation like this back when they launched the superman cartoon/relaunched BTAS on Kids WB because it was harder to screw up, but as a result it has no flavor at all. I'm no weeb, but these are essentially OVAs, I wish they were like OVAs from the golden era of OVAs in anime with gloriously detailed art and animation.
>>
>>62727221
>>62728026
>>62728482

These. They're literally "Why: The Animated Films"

All Star was an abortion, this too, all of them save for Red Hood which was somehow decent.

Watered down dialogue and plotting, no original art from Miller, Quietely, Mazzuchelli, Cooke, etc that made the books great in favor of bland animation. Just why?
>>
>>62727403
I don't think it will be anywhere near as good as Batman Returns movie

the comic version was so so, but the animated version was amazing.

Killing Joke doesn't really seem like it works in an animated format
>>
>>62728899

What really bugs me is that the art style they choose is never consistent. That wouldn't be too much of a problem, if it weren't for the fact that sometimes it's just awful looking. Superman vs the Elite is probably the worst offender.
>>
>>62728980
>I don't think it will be anywhere near as good as Batman Returns movie

The Dark Knight Returns

>the comic version was so so, but the animated version was amazing.

How was the movie better?
>>
>>62728141

BB is just Seasons 5,6,7 of BTAS

;^)
>>
>>62727112
i kinda like the comic but the cartoon is fucking embarassing and brings out the worse in the comic.

The musical cues and the moments of "look how badass batman is" to pander to fans is cringy as hell
>>
>>62728899
jesus all star superman made me never pick up the comic again

it was beautiful to read at first. And you could re-read them again and again. the cartoon made it taste awful. Hopefully not forever
>>
>>62727112
Why did two face think he was ugly? He looked alright after the surgery
>>
>>62728899
>bland animation
Why do so many ignore that Warner Bro's DC's art ranges from godfuckingawful to painfully bland? The stories end up being butchered so the rest of the production values should be fucking gorgeous. Why can't they put effort at least into adaptations of iconic Moneybags Batman stories? It's maddening.

>but muh bruce timm made his cartoons on a shoestring budget! blocky and plain is what I grew up on!
>>
>>62727112
Holy shit the dialogue is awful. Sounds like a 15 year old's fanfiction

Nice try though
>>
Killing Joke is overrated as fuck

came here to say that exclusively
>>
File: download (45).jpg (375 KB, 655x1023) Image search: [Google]
download (45).jpg
375 KB, 655x1023
I am ready for them to piss all over Brian Bolland's hard work!
>>
year one was pretty mediocre, red hood was more kiddy than I was hoping it to be.it was full of cartoon network style quips

dark knight returns is by far the best and the closest to a real film instead of something they'd show on cartoon network

that scene OP linked isn't the best, though. It makes it look bad, such as the dialogue between those two goons. Most of it was pretty good in terms of cringyness and how well it carries it. The general crime fighting was great, it went back to the fear factor and the music cues were really well placed.

Robin was good, joker was good, weird comic shit like those two dolls (tweedle dumb and dee, I think?) and the nazi girl were done in the best way that they could do them
>>
File: Jensen Ackles-AES-121173.jpg (42 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Jensen Ackles-AES-121173.jpg
42 KB, 400x600
>>62728899
Red Hood had based Jensen voicing Jason Todd, that's why.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.