[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doctor Who General /who/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: image.jpg (730 KB, 2308x1535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
730 KB, 2308x1535
"That sleep episode was dogshit" edition

Old thread
>>62719353
>>
I thought this episode would be good, I thought it would be a load of soldiers given meth to stop them falling to sleep and in the process going bat shit. Turned out none of them were sleep deprived at all and the enemy was eye crap.

2/10 with hype.

4/10 standalone.
>>
Just a reminder ZA IS NO LEADER!
>>
>>62726227
If we ride like animals we die like animals.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6006508/
>>
Good idea, terrible execution.
>>
File: Fathers_Day_(Doctor_Who).jpg (31 KB, 416x240) Image search: [Google]
Fathers_Day_(Doctor_Who).jpg
31 KB, 416x240
this episode made about as much sense as all of nu who made when pic related is taken into account.
>>
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
whats been the best episode of this season. its all been pretty mediocre for me 2bh
>>
>>62726260
No episodes reference this so it isn't canon.1
>>
>From last thread
>My nephew and niece both hysterical right now! Ahahahhahahaha!!!!! They're crying to my brother that they're going to die and turn into sand. This is fucking hilarious!

And now his wife is yelling at me saying I shouldn't be showing their children shit like this. My Nephew keeps saying he doesn't want to die. Should I feel bad?
>>
clara's dead af

https://youtu.be/tGGJeQVQdS8
>>
Sleep dust monsters?

Wtf has happened to this show?!
>>
The retard soldier was played by a transsexual.
He/she reminded me of Sammi Carter, so i'm guessing the writers based it off him like how RTD based Viktor Kennedy on Ian Levine
>>
I liked it. After all, he did tell us not to watch it.

At first I thought this was a sleep experiment. Then u thought they were in a game show (since we really didn't see how any of them died) but the final twist got me.

All the guest cast was wooden apart from the glasses guy.

Also, Gatiss said at the festival Moffat asked him to write a sequel for next series.
>>
Gatiss has a real talent for having a very promising premise or idea and then completely failing to deliver on it.

But yes, let's just see this episode for a scary one for the children, with a warning not to stay up after bedtime.
>>
>>62726281
see >>62726103
>>
File: Dream_Lord.png (835 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Lord.png
835 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: Absolutely treason.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely treason.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>Geordie-Japanese woman
>DUDE PET LMAO

Absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>62726255
Bad idea, fucking eye bogeys? Top fucking kek, it could have been literally anything else and it would have been a credible threat.

Prop department: What do you want the new monster to be?

Stephen Moffat: Just fuck my shit up.

Prop department: Say no more senpai.
>>
I bet the farting aliens are looking pretty good now aren't they Moffat apologists?
>>
That was pretty much Inside No. 9 for kids.
>>
So the guy that turned to dust at the end made the whole thug up so we would watch it and get infected with sentient dust? So is Clara screwed IRL or was it just part of his home movie? Does the human race die in the 43rd century or whatever? I don't get anything at all about this funking episode. I guess I'll watch it again.
>>
>>62726289
That wasn't Sammi Carter?
>>
What was the point of the dude making it some long video or whatever? For virability or some shit?

He outright says that he's infecting you with shit at the end of it.

Dude could've just been smart and put it into some commercial for Morpheus rather than go through all this trouble.
>>
>>62726328
I think he meant the idea of found footage.
>>
File: Top kek.jpg (142 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
Top kek.jpg
142 KB, 1157x772
>Indo-Japanese

DESIGNATED SHITTING SUICIDE STREETS
>>
Wonder how many children this episode is gonna fuck up.
>>
>>62726278
The Flood 2 parter
>>
>>62726336
Not joking, i'm actually convinced they based it off him. Both are fat and can't talk properly.
Hoping for a Jon Blum reference in the finale.
>>
ok can someone explain this episode to me as if i had the mental capacities of michael scott?
>>
>>62726356

Speaking of fucking children up, Teletubbies is back
>>
>>62726295
>Moffat asked him to write a sequel

But where would this go? The entire galaxy gets infected?
>>
>>62726329
Moffat didn't write this episode, it was good old Gaypiss.
>>
>>62726337
maybe the virus takes 40 minutes for it to brew
>>
>>62726355
>Indo-Japanese-Geordie

DESIGNATED SLAG SUICIDE SHITTING STREETS
>>
>>62726320
That episode was great
>>
>>62726278
Under the Lake ONLY because Before the Flood was mediocre
The Zygon Invasion/Inversion 2 parter was fantastic imho
>>
>>62726337
Guessing it needed to be a certain length for it to work. Hence the big show, all the attention he tried to get so that viewers would pay attention the whole time.
>>
>>62726288
Yeah, who ever heard of silly monsters in Doctor fucking Who
>>
>>62726163
Ok, so the Gatiss episode was shit, we all predicted it anyway.

What the fuck was patient zero doing in the pod for five years? If he's not had any sleep throughout all that time then he's just been laying there fully awake for five years. Did he just have a really good internet connection and a jumbo box of tissues or something?
>>
I've watched some shitty stream which hung up all the time so I assumed this is why I don't understand shit. now I see it's just that the episode is fucking dumb
>>
I must have missed something, I'm a little confused as to how Morpheus works. Sleeping in the pod causes the mucus in your eye to animate, but also watching a recording of someone infected animates it in the viewer? And they said it was electromagnetic waves. So those waves jump through the TV screen or something?
>>
>>62726389
>>62726337
>>62726401

Doctor who lasts 45 minutes, that's why it was 45 minutes.
>>
That Japanese Geordie lass was buff ting.

I think the episode would have been ten times better if they'd shown much, much less of the monsters - had them always in shadows etc and barley seen - and the whole sleep dust thing had been better presented, maybe have a brief clip of someone transforming or a better explanation of how it's possible.
>>
>>62726337
Because he literally said at the end "You shouldn't have watched this. This is a new way to transmit the virus. Oh... right now. Does it sting a little?". It probably takes 45 minutes to infect us.
>>
Best episode of the series by a long margin.
Hated the cliche found footage gimmick, even if they did write it into the story.
But still the most 'Who' feeling story for a while.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGytyp3rey4
>Rear Sheersmiff
>>
File: Bant and kek.jpg (8 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
Bant and kek.jpg
8 KB, 267x189
>>62726391
Where Ant Singh and Dec Takahashi at.
>>
>>62726420
No, the pods where literually just pods. It didn't do what was said at first. The whole point of the episode is to get you confused as much as possible so you carry on watching. the real and only way to turn people into eye shit monsters is to view the video.
>>
>>62726417
>Did he just have a really good internet connection and a jumbo box of tissues or something?

Imagine edging yourself for 5 years, you'd cum your own testicles along with about 3 pints of blood.
>>
I was completely disappointed not to see some really tense scenes where we see the Sandmen moving in the shadows, unknowingly to Deep Ando or the other guy.
>>
>>62726329

I was a Moffat enthusiast, even highly rated Season 6 which I know is panned around here, but this was pretty bad.

I think they should have a team of show runners or change them more often. The show is proper dry blud.
>>
File: poetry.png (65 KB, 136x191) Image search: [Google]
poetry.png
65 KB, 136x191
>>62726391
>tfw another hybrid

BRAVO MOFFAT

BRAVO GAYPISS
>>
>>62726281
>>My nephew and niece both hysterical right now!
28 years old, they are.
>>
GUYS GAYPISS HAS A SEQUEL PLANNED TO SLEEP NO MORE!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-11-14/mark-gatiss-has-a-sequel-planned-to-doctor-whos-sleep-no-more

GET FUCKING HYPE!
>>
REMINDER MOFFAT ASKED GATISS TO WRITE A SEQUEL FOR NEXT YEAR
>>
>>62726380
Sandman "tricks" the Doctor Who audience into watching the worst episode of the series (show?)

Uh, if you use a machine to reduce time you need to sleep, eventually the dust in your eye mutates and eats you.

First sandman filmed the whole thing via sand cameras
>>
>>62726455
>But still the most 'Who' feeling story for a while
Agreed, something about the set design felt very early-80s Who as well.
>>
>>62726380
It was found footage of a guy trying to infect people with sand disease.
The doctor was not in it, every part that was not the league of gentleman talking to the camera was just to trick you into watching more of it and infect you with sandman disease which will turn you into the sandmen. The fact the doctor and dust people were in the show was just coincidence
>>
>>62726278

>The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
>Under the Lake/Before the Flood
>The Woman Who Lived
>"The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
>>
>>62726306
>Gatiss has a real talent for having a very promising premise or idea and then completely failing to deliver on it.
Funny I see it 100% the opposite - the premise is a real stinker, but he squeezes a strong atmosphere and pacing out of it nonetheless.
>>
>>62726493
This is the sort of joke where you can tell the guy who posted it was British.

I'm guessing northern England? Come on, big money, big money.
>>
>>62726493
What? They're 4 and 6.
>>
>>62726287
>That Capaldi telling me to subscribe
O-Okay
>>
>>62726512
I can't remember the episode but it's that Tom Baker one where they're on a white ship with loads of hibernating humanoids on, it reminded me of that.

Anyone know what episode I mean?
>>
>>62726498
Hopefully we'll get some answers.
>>
>>62726505
>>62726498

Like every "popular" Found Footage movie, we get a sequel every year until people get bored of it
>>
>>62726509
>>62726514
still not making any sense. can you dumb it down some more?
>>
paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT paedophile moffat OUT
>>
>>62726498
>http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-11-14/mark-gatiss-has-a-sequel-planned-to-doctor-whos-sleep-no-more
>“It does have an unhappy ending, yes,” Gatiss told RadioTimes.com during the Doctor Who Festival in London. “Earthshock might be the last time that happened. The Doctor loses.”

>Forgetting Victory of the Daleks
>WHICH HE FUCKING WROTE

Don't blame him though.
>>
>>62726498
>>
File: little britain.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
little britain.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
DUST
>>
>>62726320
jesus, this was such a good episode, looking back now I genuinely consider it one of the greatest episodes of nuwho
>>
>>62726543
He's saying that your 28 year olds are either laughing at it (hysterically) or have the mental age of 6 year olds due to some unfortunate handicap.
>>
>>62726519
Magician's Apprentice was shite desu and The Girl Who Died was passable at best.
>>
>>62726546
The Horns of Nimon??
>>
Even the normies on facebook don't like this episode.

Gatiss btfo
>>
>>62726555
Its the plot of The Ring but with sand people, but all you are watching is the cursed video tape
>>
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>62726289
yup Bethany Black played a clone, but she played it male? was 'it' suppossed to be genderless or female? I'm not a progtard but that seems off to me
>>
>>62726572
Fat fat fatty!

>>62726583
Definitely not.
>>
>>62726562

>Earthshock might be the last time that happened.

>tfw Adric will never know if he was right
>>
>>62726295
>I liked it. After all, he did tell us not to watch it.
At that point I was instantly reminded of BEN DROWNED and the ending was obvious
>>
>>62726546
The Ark in Space?
>>
>>62726498
Alright then, more dust.

Gatiss is our designated Dust Man.
>>
>>62726512
The set, the fogginess, the "dides in suits lumbering ominously just in-frame" classic Who action.
>>
>>62726606
Hmm, this might be it, what happens? I think the ship gets attacked by giant bugs or something, I know there's a giant fly/moth in a cupboard at one point.
>>
>>62726320
One day Toby James shall return to Doctor Who to play the Valeyard
>>
>>62726593
ok, and how does that make sense? did the bad guy win? was it all a dream sequence? and how much rice pudding was involved
>>
>>62726526
I'm about as far south as you can get in England. But it's from an old Lee & Herring routine anyway.
>>
File: Erection.gif (759 KB, 285x171) Image search: [Google]
Erection.gif
759 KB, 285x171
>Dr Chao will never check for a pulse on your throbbing dick.

JDIMSA
>>
>>62726630
Is Toby James that guy in detectorists? He looks like the guy out of detectorists.
>>
did we get a radio times poster for this episode?
>>
>>62726603
I don't know what you talking about.
>>
File: Steven-Moffat.png (108 KB, 296x270) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Moffat.png
108 KB, 296x270
when will this cunt be fired
>>
Is the "Great Catastrophe" the whole solar flare thing from Beast Below and the Ark in Space?
>>
>>62726655
It's a creepypasta.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 220x220
>>62726601

Adric was fine, he turned into a scorpion or something
>>
>>62726634
it doesn't make sense, yes the bad guy won because we watched the video didn't we.

It wasn't a dream just faked to make you keep watching so you got infected it was meant to be dumb and confusing so you kept trying to see the end and get infected
>>
>>62726648
he is, the other one is out of pirates of the carribean
>>
Next week looks fucking great.
Clara's finally leaving.
>>
>>62726657
He didn't even write this ep tho.
>>
>>62726673
>credits rolled silent like something had actually happened

Did anyone even like Adric? The only reason he's not Ben & Polly tier is due to the way they killed him.
>>
The next companions should be brother/sister siblings.
>>
>>62726417
>What the fuck was patient zero doing in the pod for five years? If he's not had any sleep throughout all that time then he's just been laying there fully awake for five years.
He wasn't. The whole thing was supposed to be a dramatic finalé to keep the viewer engrossed in the infected video
>>
File: k9 spin-off.jpg (72 KB, 580x410) Image search: [Google]
k9 spin-off.jpg
72 KB, 580x410
>>62726665
No, it's the cataclysm which is part of the backstory of the K9 spin-off.
>>
>>62726579
*Woman Who Lived, even
>>
>>62726693
he allowed it to get made.
>>
>>62726691
>falling for Moffat's bait
>>
>>62726629

That's the episode, with the Wiirn (sp?)
>>
Anyway I am just reading reactions to this episode on Twitter and it seems all the 19 year old tumblr grrrls hated it and gave it 1/10, and all the balding, 40 year old white men thought it was brilliant.
>>
>>62726629
Yep, that's the one.
>>
>>62726695
Trans Muslim gay brother and sister. In wheelchairs. With asbos and ringtones.
>>
>>62726693
But he agreed to make it and presumably at least read the fucking script
>>
Who wants some Who news? Hope I'm not late with this one
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-11-14/steven-moffat-finally-reveals-the-fate-of-the-doctors-daughter---sort-of
>>
>>62726670

and the "Sleep stops us making monsters thing" was Russian Sleep Experiment

Sleep Deprivation turns you crazy
>>
GOMEZ FAGS FUCK OFF TO /GOTHAM/

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/14/doctor-who-star-michelle-gomez-joins-the-cast-of-batman-series-gotham-5501660

SHE'S IN THAT NOW
>>
>>62726714
>old white men
>>
>>62726714
I'm proud to announce my defection to 19 year old girls.
>>
>>62726720
canon
>>
>>62726693
What do you think a show-runner does?

This episode was written, approved, filmed, and edited under Moffat's watch
>>
>>62726725
This is what annoys me the most.

Sleep deprivation experiments are the creepiest shit and have a lot of potential for good horror, but instead we got the equivalent of an /x/ greentext story.
>>
>>62726725
Yeah, they ruined a really incredible opportunity to have a bunch of sleep deprived crazies on a ship being monitored by a mad scientist.

It's times like this it becomes apparent we're watching a show for children.

And the alternative is Have you ever cum so hard you forgot who you were? Torchshit
>>
So far Gatiss hasn't written a good episode and he's written for all 9 series' of New Who.
>they still let him write each year.
And after Gareth Roberts ranting about muslims on twitter, i doubt he'll be asked to return.
Time for some new writers.
>>
>>62726757
Firing Moffat won't stop Gatiss writing shit eps m8.
>>
Do Tumblrinas now like the Capaldick? Why else would they watch the show? Just to tweet how much it fails the Bechdejlfkkd test?
>>
Didn't even watch the episode.

Allow me to summarise it for you.

>Doctor and Clara land in whacky situation #573
>There are space marines, lead by a headstrong independent womyn.
>An incompetent male soldier dies during the opening credits or just after.
>Either that or the leader of the marines is an incompetent man who dies during the opening credits so that a brave independent womyn can assume command.

>Classic "being hunted by an unknown enemy" episode ensues.
>Doctor prances about, a couple more anonymous soldiers die despite the valiant efforts of our brave female hero who saves someone's life. Maybe Clara's or one of her incompetent male colleagues or something.
>The Doctor preens himself into the climax and acts like he's got a hidden solution prepared.
>Plot twist. Oh no the Doctor's plan failed!

>Clara figures out why and what happened and how they can actually fix it
>Inspires the Doctor to come up with the real solution
>Actual deus ex machina solution is implemented mainly by Clara and brave womyn protagonist soldier while the Doctor mainly watches
>Potential bonus earlier scene where Clara and brave womyn are off alone together fighting baddies while the Doctor mainly stands around throwing levers doing nothing much in particular.

How close was I? That is the general plot for about every modern Dr. Who show ever made. Can't have any male characters that aren't shit because they used up their quota on male protagonists with the Doctor. Only incompetent cannon fodder can be male. Or bad guys because they exist to be vanquished.

Is Clara still an insufferable Mary Sue?
>>
>>62726758
>>62726762
>going into the episode full hype for sleep deprived meth addicted lunatics
>get 44 minutes of bullshit followed by one minute of deez nuts

I'm about done with Doctor who now, lads.
>>
File: 183px-Mark_Gatiss.jpg (10 KB, 183x210) Image search: [Google]
183px-Mark_Gatiss.jpg
10 KB, 183x210
paedophile
>>
>>62726785
You understand he can tell Gatiss what to do, right? You understand he can order rewrites?

Moffat is ultimately responsible
>>
>>62726762

I thought that was "Cum so hard you turn to dust" (or did Adam use Sex to wipe gwen's mind?)
>>
>>62726799
>opening credits
stopped reading there
>>
>>62726783
What's Gareth Roberts done? Which episodes has he wrote and what did he say about Muslims?
>>
>>62726799
She was never a Mary Sue
>>
>>62726824

She is in every episode I've seen of her.
>>
>>62726705
That's about as canon as the upcoming K9 Vs Omega movie
>>
>>62726762
Hey,that episode was GOAT
>>
>sandman sends transmission across the solar system to turn all humans into sandmen
>somehow survives the station being destroyed
>transmissions start flooding in from the foolish humans who watched it
>every message is either "wtf did I just watch please explain plot" or shit reviews and reactions
>Including a Dalek laughing at how retarded the entire thing is
>>
>>62726823
He got into an argument with a progressive, bearded, male intersectional feminist on twitter which ended with Roberts declaring he hated Islam.
>>
>>62726803
>hype
fucking retard
>>
>>62726809
Nah, I'm talking about a scene in a forest where Gwen and Owen are alone so he starts rubbing up against her and offering her sex.

Jesus, imagine if they did that today.. It's a good thing RTD's gay or he'd have been struck off.
>>
>>62726804
For the longest time I thought he was the gay guy from Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
>>
Anyone have a link where I can watch the episode?
>>
>>62726857
Which episodes has he wrote?
>>
>>62726655
>>62726670
The final parts of the pasta were in the form of .txt documents. The final one revealed that by downloading the files you had contaminated your computer with the malevolent ghost haunting the N64 cartridge
>>
>>62726799

>An incompetent male soldier dies during the opening credits or just after.
>>Either that or the leader of the marines is an incompetent man who dies during the opening credits so that a brave independent womyn can assume command.

>He was the first of them to die...

100% so far

>>Classic "being hunted by an unknown enemy" episode ensues.
>Doctor prances about, a couple more anonymous soldiers die despite the valiant efforts of our brave female hero who saves someone's life. Maybe Clara's or one of her incompetent male colleagues or something.
>The Doctor preens himself into the climax and acts like he's got a hidden solution prepared.
>Plot twist. Oh no the Doctor's plan failed!

Yeah I'd say that's fair. The freezer room scene didn't seem to work as they intended

>Clara figures out why and what happened and how they can actually fix it
>Inspires the Doctor to come up with the real solution

It wasn't clear if the doctor could fix it (or clara at least)

>>Actual deus ex machina solution is implemented mainly by Clara and brave womyn protagonist soldier while the Doctor mainly watches
>Potential bonus earlier scene where Clara and brave womyn are off alone together fighting baddies while the Doctor mainly stands around throwing levers doing nothing much in particular.

This didn't happen. They went into the final boss room, shot a couple of people, realised it was pointless, then the doctor and clara fly off leaving the narrator to monologue, revealing the video diary was the masterplan and we're all doomed because of subliminal messaging in the tape effects
>>
>>62726879
shit ones
>>
File: Paul McGann on suicide watch.png (497 KB, 414x529) Image search: [Google]
Paul McGann on suicide watch.png
497 KB, 414x529
Mixed t-b-h f-a-m

I liked the glasses guy (he was Troughton in AAITAS right?) and that unresolved ending. It reminded me of the BF audio Flip Flop in that way.

Quite frankly this would've been fucking GOAT as an audio, it just had to air in this damn series. Just fuck all the fucking memes, leave the memes to /who/.
>>
>>62726879
The Shakespeare Code
The Unicorn and the Wasp
Planet of the Dead
The Lodger
Closing Time
The Caretaker
>>
>literal human defect retard is gay
>normal person shrugs him off

Wew lads, tumblr's not going to like this one.
>>
>>62726899
wat
>>
>>62726762
That episode was just weird.
It was set in the same universe as Doctor Who yet it used an alien who made men literally orgasm to death.
Can you imagine the Doctor meeting one of those things and setting up a plan to stop it?
Sneaking into some public toilets with a wank mag so he can have a conversation with it as it possesses a stripper?

Also, the implied way she raped the gay guy in the sperm bank was pretty messed up.
>>
>>62726799
You picked a phenomenally bad episode to do this with
>>
>>62726845
It is consistent with the mid-21st century Earth going to shit enivromentally scenario established in Waters of Mars and Kill the Moon tbf
>>
>>62726892
Did it actually download a virus or was it a ruse?
>>
>>62726918
the retard soldier was played by a woman though.
Well a transsexual. But still.
>>
>>62726924
Dumping Doctor into Torchwood might generate interesting results.
>>
>>62726924
torchwood is literally one of the worst shows i've ever seen
>>
>>62726900
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>62726845
>upcoming K9 Vs Omega movie
Why the fuck is this happening?!
>>
>>62726899
>the glasses guy
>there are people on /who/ right now who have never watched The League of Gentlemen
>>
>>62726949
no
>>
>>62726947
Women can't become men as there's nothing to lop off, men can become women as they can cut the thing that makes them men off.
>>
>>62726976
It was played by Bethany Black, who was a man but is now a woman.
I don't see the point because she still looks like a man.
>>
>>62726976
t. Professor of anatomical studies at Cambridge university
>>
File: Omega_Miles.gif (1 MB, 551x310) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Miles.gif
1 MB, 551x310
>>62726969
Moffat would rather make le ebin hybrid arc then bring back Based Omega.
>>
File: 1446918713757.jpg (309 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1446918713757.jpg
309 KB, 800x800
>>62726950
>>
>>62726976
That seems like a really arbitrary view on gender.
>>
File: large[1].png (128 KB, 655x723) Image search: [Google]
large[1].png
128 KB, 655x723
>>
>>62726972
They aren't local i.e from reddit.
>>
>Face the Raven
>the Raven is literally a raven and not that veiled thing from the trailer
>>
>>62726986
>was
>is now
>she

please leave
>>
>>62726940
A ruse. Was still 5spoopy though
>>
>>62726986
Oh, lol. "She" really looks like a man, I genuinely thought "she" was trying to look like a man.

In my day we called men who wore women's clothes cross dressers.
>>
>>62727010
>twitter
>>
>>62726940
It's really hard to infect .txt with a malicious code.
>>
>>62727009
I just say stuff to piss off tumblr/who/.
>>
>>62726950
The second and third seasons were pretty good. One was dire. We do not acknowledge the fourth season or Lost Souls
>>
>>62727007
m8 it was shit and immature than any nuwho episode.
unless you really like jack and its really not worth it.
>>
>>62727054
Children of earth was the greatest thing in the expanded universe. It stopped being just doctor who with naughty words and sex and started being doctor who with harrowing storylines, as it always should have been.
>>
>>62727068
That episode or Torxhwood in general?
>>
What the fuck was Gatiss on when he wrote that?
>>
File: 12c.jpg (154 KB, 604x454) Image search: [Google]
12c.jpg
154 KB, 604x454
i liked it
>>
>>62727140
Ironically it felt like it was written by someone who hadn't had very much sleep
>>
I didn't see it. Was it even shitter than the moon egg episode?
>>
File: 1443904447706.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1443904447706.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>62726873
Please help, /who/
>>
>>62727140
Probably Ian Hallard.
>>
File: 124.jpg (84 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
84 KB, 1024x682
>>62727163
>basing your opinions on people on /who/ and not watching every episode yourself

get a load of this pleb
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p037vvn2
>>
>>62727104

>started being doctor who with harrowing storylines, as it always should have been.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15vs0t_children-of-earth-day-4-meeting_shortfilms

One of the best scenes ever filmed under the doctor who banner

This is what capaldi looks like when he's on the receiving of a speech
>>
Everyone fucking hates it for once. Everyone.

GATISS IS GOING TO BE FIRED
>>
>>62727168
You're better off not watching it, it was utter trash.
>>
>>62727168
https://rarbg.com/torrents.php?search=doctor+who
>>
>>62727194
I know, but I want to be angry about it with you guys, too
>>
>>62727183
He really is weird.
>>
>>62727188
I don't see why everyone hates it, I mean it wasn't good but it wasn't too bad, nice twist at the end, good sets, good premise, 4/10.
>>
>>62727163
The premise is approximately as stupid, but the flavor of sucktitude is different.
>>
>>62727140
Guessing he was trying to pull a reverse Moffat

instead of a "Don't sleep/blink/think/breathe"

He went with "Don't not sleep"
>>
>>62727188
Gee that's never happened before this show and Gatiss' episodes in particular have always been praised and critically acclaimed.
>>
I don't understand how the pods/bogeymen worked.

So you go in a pod and then you slowly become a bogeyman?
>>
>>62727104
>a massive threat to Earth's children
>the TARDIS not immediately dumping the Doctor down so he can shouty and pull self destruct levers

Threatening kids is one of the biggest ways to piss him off, I find it weird the situation escalated so much without him popping up. Maybe he was too busy stopping an alien who possessed vending machines and turns all the fanta into deadly piss.
>>
>>62727252
No but Robot of Sherwood was liked by Tumblrinas and Twitterites IIRC. They all hated this one though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzGH_PzdSUQ
Huh. They made the poor fuckers film inside a freezer.
>>
>>62727188
everyone hates every episode
didn't stop all the other writers from coming back
>>
>>62727273
He probably found out how it went and now can't change it.
>>
>>62727273
You are aware those are two different, fictional shows?
>>
>>62727286
Well Gareth Roberts is never returning.
>>
>>62727273
>Maybe he was too busy stopping an alien who possessed vending machines and turns all the fanta into deadly piss.

Had to hide my face from my dad so he didn't ask me why I was laughing then, lad.
>>
>>62727273
Wasn't that a huge part of Day Four. Sometimes the Doctor doesn't turn up because humanity's response to these crises are so awful
>>
>>62727284
Classic who set, classic who filming conditions.
>>
>>62727301
I would've loved Gareth Roberts to have written the Zygon two parter.
It would've ended with them all being deported.
>>
>>62727293
He didn't find out because it didn't happen in that universe. Torchwood isn't canon. And even if it was, all the events that happened in that show were sucked through the crack in time and when 11 rebooted the universe, those events were unwritten.
>>
>>62727188
Rubbish. I rate it as the best episode in two series. It had a proper DW feel to it.
>>
aside from the sleep dust explanation which was stupid was it really that bad? i thought it was ok. would you have preferred if the people just went insane and started killing people instead of turning into sleep dust monsters?
>>
>>62727273
>Maybe he was too busy stopping an alien who possessed vending machines and turns all the fanta into deadly piss.
I think Sarah Jane defeated that one for him didn't she?
>>
File: StevenMoffat1.jpg (29 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
StevenMoffat1.jpg
29 KB, 550x367
paedo
>>
>>62726694
My friend and I back in the day liked him because he's great to make fun of, and entertaining that he died.
>>
>>62727332
Yeah. The fact the government was actually going to hand over the children was so abhorrent that he wouldn't intervene.

That really was fucking incredible. This is why I prefer that model, find a scenario that works and stretch it over several episodes.
>>
>>62727341
>Whoniverse
>Canon
>>
>>62727341
This. The Doctor would have known about Miracle Day, Amy/Rory was living on earth when it happened, the Miracle happened during S6. TORCHWOOD ISN'T CANON.
>>
This episode reminded me so much of Inside No. 9, anyone here seen that?
It's a Shearsmith and Pemberton horror comedy series. It's always got a creepy atmosphere, good comedy and a great twist at the end. This episode felt like an application letter from Gatiss to join their show.
>>
>>62727341
>>62727405
And the fact that Torchwood crossed over in The Stolen Earth? Mentioned events from recent episodes as well
>>
>>62727365
It was okay. Gatiss' best episode. Bonus point because he used Mr. Sandman.
>>
>>62727376
Nah Moffat is pure. Russell raped Eccleston though. That's why he'll never return.
>>
U lads heard this masterpiece?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7OZ4Lvyui4
>>
>>62727273
Ten too busy sulking in the TARDIS.
>>
>>62727413
Inside no. 9 is great, they're always funny even if they're shit, like that episode with the witchtrial where it turned out she was an actual witch.

>I saw the devil with two big titties and a massive cunny

Apparently there's a new series soon.
>>
Who is best girl?
>>
>>62727440
>implying stolen earth is canon
>>
Is there a reason where they didn't do the opening credits in this episode?
>>
>>62727413
Not really, other than Reese Sheersmith always has that Palin-esque 'pleasant psychopath' style that he brings to his characters. It made it feel similar to League / psychoville / I#9 for his scenes, but the rest of the episode when he was off-camera, not so much.
>>
>>62727440
The show Torchwood isn't canon. Only those who appeared in Doctor who are real. Meaning Queen Victoria creating it, Yvonne Hartman, Jack, Ianto and Gwen. The show Torchwood isn't canon.
>>
>>62727450
>the "disagreements with higher ups"
>all this time
>Russell just raped eccleston
>he's too traumatised to return

Anon's figured it out.
>>
Nothing like a nice shit episode to liven up /who/.

thank you Gatiss, if you weren't a hack, /who/ would probably be a bit dead
>>
>>62727451
hey this isn't bad. based baby moffat.
>>
>>62727480
So no one was offended because of recent events.
>>
https://twitter.com/twilightstreets/status/665652895925276672
>furrys
Glad i didn't go to DWF now.
>>
>>62727480
to add to the found footage thing, even though the constant narration fucked it up.
>>
>>62727480
Why would the person creating the video add opening credits from an old tv show?
>>
>>62727480
Yeah, because it was found footage / 4th wall play. YOU were the victim this week anon.
>>
>>62727477
>implying anything post McCoy is canon
>>
>>62727461
Sardines...
>>
Are subs out? I'm not an enlgish speaker and the scottish accent fucks with me sometimes if I'm not using english subs.
>>
>>62727513
..a hybrid
>>
>>62727494
This isn't news. Reading between the lines it's been obvious for years that RTD and Barrowman were a bit too "physical" in their joking around with Ecclestone
>>
>>62727273
>stopping an alien who possessed vending machines and turns all the fanta into deadly piss.

I can see this being an episode for next season at this rate.
>>
OFFICIAL LIST

CANON
Classic Who
Ninth Doctor
12th Doctor
Day Of The Doctor

NOT CANON
Everything Else
>>
>>62727488

>The show Torchwood isn't canon.

So did Martha ever go and work with Torchwood to investigate the mayflies? and did Owen really lock himself in a nuclear power plant?
>>
>>62727568
>that kiss wasn't scripted
>>
File: three-doctors-adventure.jpg (30 KB, 570x321) Image search: [Google]
three-doctors-adventure.jpg
30 KB, 570x321
>Hey, I have a great idea. For my next episode, let's rip-off Love & Monsters and have it all be recapped by the faggot of the week. Love & Monsters was great and this episode's gonna be great too.

Fuck you Mark Gaypiss, you cunt.
>>
>>62727578
If Day of the Doctor is canon, 10 and 11 are canon too.
>>
File: you-disgust-me.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
you-disgust-me.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
>>62727527
>implying anything after Tenth Planet is canon
>>
>>62727461
>Apparently there's a new series soon.
I just read about that, that's great news. I love the series, but apparently the ratings are terrible.
The format is just so good because, like Doctor Who, it can take place anywhere in time and space. One week they're they're having a witch trial, the next they're in a suicidal call centre helpline, and the next they're celebrating nana's birthday. The comedy is always good and you just know there's going to be a big twist at the end.
>>
>>62727405
Children of Earth takes place during the 2009 specials
>>
Torchwood isn't canon. Period.

>>62727580
No. None of this ever happened. Just like Abaddon's son never came to Earth.
>>
>>62727596
only 10 and 11 in that episode are canon
their other stories are non canon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.