[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the disney trilogy surpass the PT/OT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Swdvd.png (517 KB, 756x500) Image search: [Google]
Swdvd.png
517 KB, 756x500
Will the disney trilogy surpass the PT/OT?
>>
>>62724323
Yes/No
>>
>>62724323
In terms of profits, probably. Seems like a billion dollars isn't a hard reach like it used to be, and most of the movies in the billion-dollar club are CGI-driven shit.

In terms of quality, I doubt it'll surpass the original trilogy.
>>
Surpass the PT easy. OT. Not sure JJ would need to step his game up in the next 2 films
>>
OT, no.
PT, I fucking hope so.
>>
>>62724382
He's not directing the next two.
>>
>>62724534

Yeah he's already bailed out. Weak. That says a lot about Ep. VII
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 536x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 536x526
Nothing new is going to beat IV in terms of profits, ever.

Nothing new is going to beat V in terms of greatness, ever.
>>
What an autistic question. GREAT THREAD!
>>
>>62724323
It will critically and in popular opinion surpass the prequels but in reality it won't. The sequel trilogy is guaranteed to be completely pandering to the "I'm such a nerd, the originals are awesome, the prequels are bad" group.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 720x405
>1999 Episode 1 midnight toys event at toys r us
>was packed, me and 200+ people

>2015 event Episode 7 midnight toys event at THE EXACT SAME toys r us
>me and 15 other people

No.
>>
>>62725012
>implying ANYONE would:

1. Go to a Toys R Us
2. Do anything star wars after PT.
3. Go to an event that was barely advertised.

Seriously took a while to realize Force Friday was a thing.
>>
What do you mean surpass? Both are shit and very easy to beat
>>
I reckon the spin-off films might prove better than the actual new trilogy.

Rogue One has great potential with it's decent line up of actors + based Mads.
>>
>>62725071
Force Friday?
>>
>>62725012
>going to toy-r-us at midnight

This says more about you than it does any movie.
>>
No to both. The only star wars related merchandise to surpass the OT was the Force Unleashed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.