[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to see this >only other people in the theatre are a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: peanuts-gang-winter.jpg (777 KB, 1988x1536) Image search: [Google]
peanuts-gang-winter.jpg
777 KB, 1988x1536
>go to see this
>only other people in the theatre are a mother with three children and a father with his daughter
>it's adorable
>the father and I are the only ones enjoying ourselves

Is Peanuts dead?
>>
>>62708044
It was so fucking cute holy shit

I don't think it's dead, but I'd like it to stay standalone.
>>
>>62708044
I went to see it with my gf and the theater was packed.

It was actually pretty great. I'm glad they didn't try to modernize it by making the characters cynical or anything. My only complaint was the overlong Red baron sequences. That shit lasted like twenty minutes and was pretty pointless
>>
>>62708103
The sequences were fun, but I agree that they went on too long. They could've shaved a few minutes off of them and still managed to parallel the main plot like they were intending. My biggest issue was with the music. Didn't really match up to the classic jazz that is usually associated with Peanuts, except for Linus & Lucy, of course.
>>
>>62708167
Agreed, music was lackluster. Wonder if someone could do a rescore.
>>
File: 1416466128711.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1416466128711.gif
371 KB, 500x375
Not even anybody on /tv/ cares.
>>
>>62708513
/tv/ would've cared a lot if its predictions about how it would have twerking and nigger music had been true. But that doesn't play into neo-/t/v/s/pol/'s narrative so everyone forgot about it.
Also I want a Snoopy movie.
>>
>>62708044
>the world revolves around me
>>
>Lucy shows Charlie Brown a mirror
>"See this? This is the face of failure"

I know this feel all too well.
>>
3D movies for comics are just gimmicks. I read every single TinTin novel and loved the shit out of em. The movie was fun but frankly didn't have quite the same "feel" as the comics.

Getting older and being unable to enjoy things the same as you when were a kid has a big part in it too.
>>
>>62708044
Isn't Charlie Brown supposed to be a depressed loser school-shooter type?
>>
>>62708764
Ever tried
Ever failed
No matter
Try again
Fail again
Fail better

That's Charlie Brown.
>>
>>62708044
I went to see Bond the same time this was on at my theatre and there was so many fucking rowdy kids I was pissed holy shit.
Also the concession stand line was literally out the door.
Very angered.
>>
>>62708863
Last Friday? I want to see this movie but don't want to go when the brat level is sky high.

>HURRRR DURRRR SNOOPY MOMMY
>>
File: 1408650167587.jpg (104 KB, 581x576) Image search: [Google]
1408650167587.jpg
104 KB, 581x576
>>62708975

>make sure to see inside out at the latest showing at night on a sunday
>some fucking mom brought her crying BABY to the show

What the fuck is wrong with these people?
>>
>>62708044
Why did it cost so much to make? Did they think they would see a profit for this?
>>
>>62709089
Since when was 99 million "so much" for a CGI movie? And they're about to hit profit levels after 1 week
>>
Charles Schulz's life work is one of the few things I hold sacred in this life.

I'm sorry to hear that the music is contemporary, as the Guaraldi literaly brings tears to my eyes, but what can we do?

I'm glad to know this film hasn't pissed on his spirit.
>>
>>62709356
>Charles Schulz's life work is one of the few things I hold sacred in this life.

>The same "life work" that is raped by fucking insurance commercials
>>
>>62708103
>I went to see it with my gf
> gf
Did you know reddit how fucking shocking that you reddit of all people would go with your gf to see a movie.
>>
>>62709356
But you hear Linus and Lucy right at the beginning
>>
File: BenStein.jpg (22 KB, 307x320) Image search: [Google]
BenStein.jpg
22 KB, 307x320
>>62708167
>they went on too long.
> They could've shaved a few minutes off of them
ADD Phone addicted pleb generation detected
>>
File: McDonalds Land 2a.jpg (134 KB, 716x713) Image search: [Google]
McDonalds Land 2a.jpg
134 KB, 716x713
>>62708513
I haven't seen the film yet because I'm poor as fuck but I am collecting the McDonalds Happy Meal figures and hope to see it on home video soon.
>>
>>62709433
I wouldn't qualify any licenced usages as "rape". Schulz himself authorized it.

Their add campaigns are consistantly tasteful, and contribute to his estate. I have no problem with that.
>>
>>62708044
I like peanuts, I'm going to watch it.
>>
>>62708764
Pretty much. Shinji Ikari type depressed loner who stalks red haired girls.
>>
File: 1444011289452.gif (211 KB, 540x336) Image search: [Google]
1444011289452.gif
211 KB, 540x336
>>62708044
It's a 4 star movie... 4 stars out of 10 of course. The gags used in the movie are mostly out of place, something only a child could enjoy (kite eating tree, dancing arc) and rarely does the movie ever make a decent joke (Peppermint Patty is falling asleep in class. The girl who's Patty's assistant pokes him to wake her up "Wait until Class starts, sir!" ). It's plot is the norm kiddy plot standard, so I won't mention it if you're into gold like the Lego movie. It isn't worth spending money over if you're looking for a funny movie. Charles Schulz had a belief that all good things should come to an end: Peanuts movie is probably his reason why.
>>
>>62709495
It seemed relevant to the conversation of how many people actually went to see the movie but sorry for triggering you nonetheless, and I will try to be a better ally in the future.
>>
>>62709047
why do theaters allow babies at all? literally the only thing a baby will do is make things worse for everyone, they can't see a movie
>>
>>62709835
Probably a convenience for the mum if she can't hire a sitter
>>
>>62709710
>WOP WAH WAP WO WAH WO WAH! (*Get in the fucking Eva Charlie Brown!)

>Good grief
>>
File: Big-Snoopy-And-Child.jpg (23 KB, 278x405) Image search: [Google]
Big-Snoopy-And-Child.jpg
23 KB, 278x405
>>62709433
>He hasn't been to Knott's Berry Farm

It must be sad to be you.
>>
>>62708044
Everyone was probably too busy being worried you were there to shoot the place up to enjoy the movie.
>>
>>62710198
OP is a Muslim?
>>
>>62710169
I've never been. I'm 43 now. I don't think I can huge Snoopy now like that. I feel so cheated
>>
>>62708044
Charles Shultz didn't want the series to continue after his death. He wanted the works to stand on their own.
>>
>>62708556
Oh they'll be plenty of time for that when the new star wars film comes out. Just enjoy this snoopy movie now anon. It's not like they make them that often. One ever decade maybe?
>>
>>62708748
It's not about you being outdate as much as the new products not being up to par
>>
>>62708863
I'm sure that will make someone very happy
>>
>>62711459
>Charles Shultz didn't want the series to continue after his death.
sauce or your full of it.
>>
>>62713563
Don't have the source but i've read that too somewhere. And i kind of agree, most series/sagas are not the same with another writer, i'd rather have a good memory of something than see it ruined.
>>
>>62713511
>I'm not celebrating Halloween because of my principled stand against Jewish consumerism
/pol/ has that fedora screwed on tight I see
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.