[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Caesar_rom.jpg (38 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
Caesar_rom.jpg
38 KB, 506x316
I finally got around to watching this masterpiece.
Where do I go from here as no other show gives me the same satisfaction.
>>
masturbate
>>
File: 1410210737941.jpg (95 KB, 662x513) Image search: [Google]
1410210737941.jpg
95 KB, 662x513
nowhere. I guess you could try GoT but it gets quite shit pretty fast. shame really

>tfw season 3 is never going to happen
>>
>>62707982
>Got
I've watched it since it started/read the books.
20 good men can't defeat 2 hacks.
>>
I felt like the narrative was a bit rushed and kinda disjointed almost, (most likely out of necessity seeing as the actual events themselves spanned years and whatnot) but the characters and the acting were absolutely brilliant. There wasn't one character whose scenes I felt like skipping past in the entirety of the whole show.
>>
Deadwood is the other great HBO show cancelled before it's time. Give it a watch if you haven't yet.
>>
John Adams is good but of course it has a different tone.

I've never finished Rome but I heard it didn't have a satisfying ending. Shouldn't it end with Cleopatra and Mark Antony killing themselves?
>>
>>62708048
Deadwood is brilliant.
I can see why they wouldn't do a season 3 since they'd have to make a new set after the fire.
>>
>>62708126
But they had so many options. Even a single movie to finish the story. Really HBO wanted to cooperate but nothing came out of it.
>>
>>62708115
I would liked to have seen it end with an elderly Augustus on his deathbed. Instead we got le 'let me tell you about your father'
>>
File: 1402520862602.jpg (13 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1402520862602.jpg
13 KB, 205x246
didnt they cancel it because it was too expensive but they literally forgot to take dvd sales into the equation and it wouldve easily made their money back?
fucking bbc man
>>
>>62708284
Probably. Same with deadwood. Those costumes/sets are fucking expensive it and isn't le GoT shit.
>>
File: kublaikhan.jpg (246 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
kublaikhan.jpg
246 KB, 620x413
May as well give Marco Polo a college try.
>>
>>62707950
deadwood
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.