[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was shit, why was everyone raving about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Ex_Machina.jpg (166 KB, 810x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ex_Machina.jpg
166 KB, 810x1200
This was shit, why was everyone raving about it?
>>
>>62707215
Because it was shot well and had good pacing despite being a bit silly and basically sci-fi fantasy that didn't even go as "deep" as the introduction paragraph on the turing test wikipedia article.

And that is enough to put it in the recent "good sci-fi" because it was closer than most to hard sci-fi and like horror actual sci-fi doesn't get that much made for it.
>>
I don't know, but if you didn't like it, then everyone else must be wrong ...
>>
Sup
>>
>>62708524

this. it looked good, progressed nicely, and it was very very tense.
>>
>>62707215
because they want to seem intellectual
>>
>>62708524
Took sci-fi as a setting and told human in comfortable paced narrative. Also think that 'not going deeper than wikipedia article' is a narrative element instead of default fault
>>
>>62707215
#eyecandy
#mindcandy
whats not to like?
>>
Because it's one of the smartest movies of the 21st century.
>>
because I want a robot gf desu
>>
>>62709843
The saddest part is how true this statement is
>>
I just thought it was boring as shit, I get the themes and how well it was produced and acted but I just didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>62709829
this
>>
>>62707215
>when you dont like something just because everyone else does ..

nicely done OP
>>
>>62707215
You missed the point. IT's not supposed to be hard sci fi. It's a modern update of the fairy tale bluebeard.
>>
It's a "deep" movie for retards with double digit IQ who spend their time watching youtubers play video games
>>
>>62707215
Were they raving? It seemed like most people said it was mediocre but kind of pretty

Which is exactly what it was
>>
>>62707215
biggest piece of pseudo-intellectual trash of this decade

cheap kubrick replica, shot like an apple product, boring minimalism and overall retarded twist ending, retarded writing, stupid progression of plot, unwatchable lead character,

the whole thing ends up saying basically nothing, except HURR DURR LOOK HOW CRAZY AI WILL BE, WE'LL BE LIKE CAVEMEN, in such a dull, generic, pessimistic way that this should more qualify as a suspense/horror movie than anything else

disappointing as It Follows

the only thing good in this movie was oscar isaac dancing
>>
File: 0.jpg (416 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
416 KB, 900x600
>>62707215
They want to tear up the dance floor
>>
>>62707215
you're gay
>>
>>62710923
What the fuck.

Why would someone take the time to draw this.
>>
>>62710794
>the whole thing ends up saying basically nothing, except HURR DURR LOOK HOW CRAZY AI WILL BE, WE'LL BE LIKE CAVEMEN

missed the point entirely, The point was that an AI will have no problem manipulating human emotion for personal gain, and humans have a tendency to project their own personal morals and beliefs on things that do not share it.
Sounds like a pseudo-intellectual watched a somewhat intellectual movie to me.
>>
File: YUmEs0D.jpg (159 KB, 700x609) Image search: [Google]
YUmEs0D.jpg
159 KB, 700x609
Literally every neckbeards fantasy,

Neckbeards thinking they're intellectual, thinking this movie was made for them, oh how they wish they would be invited by chance to a well muscled jews layer some where in the woods, only to be learn later that there was a m'lady robot that needs rescuing and that the only way you would get dat skynet pussy was if you betrayed the jew with your superior intellect. m-muh m'lady you promised me human on robot sex, w-we were going to live our entire lives together! then the beta gets c*cked by the robot for helicopter man!

oh and this retarded beta cringe [does nothing for the movie disco scene!] 7 minutes long! but had to be cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVToF1gHapc
>>
>>62712653
I didn't write this to be ignored by you betas, bump until you respond.
>>
File: 1387530808846.gif (973 KB, 200x148) Image search: [Google]
1387530808846.gif
973 KB, 200x148
>>62712775
>>62712653
>>
>>62707215
great dialogue
great acting
great cast
great plot
everything about this movie was breath taking and amazing.
>>
>>62707215
It's shot well and that's about it
Solid 4.5/10
>>
>>62707215
A better question might be why did you think it was shit?
>>
>>62713892
see>>62712653 for my answer.
>>
>>62713945
Sounds dumb, but ok, if thats how you feel then thats how you feel
>>
>>62712600
Sounds like someone didn't tear it up. Smh.
>>
>>62713965
excellent rebuttal
>>
>>62712653
Ebert-? Aren't you dead yet?
>>
>>62712653
>/pol/tard can't view a movie in any way other than kekoldry and hidden Jew influences
big surprise
>>
>>62713989
>implying you need to rebut some random opinion
>>
>>62714048
>>62714188
>get told
>cant refute
>"i d-dont HAVE to >:( "
>>
HURRRRRRRR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

HURRRRR WUT DUS IT MEEN TO B HOOMAN

HURRRRR MEBE THE MASHEENS ARE MORE HOOMAN THAN US HURRRR

HURRRR MAYBE THEY WOULD HATE US FOR OUR HUMAN FLAWS HURRRRR

HURRRRR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE DURRRRRRR

Same old shit we've all seen a million times before who cares
>>
The worst part was her tits getting smaller when she put on the skin.
>>
>>62708524
>introduction paragraph on the turing test wikipedia article.

this is inaccurate. saying flippant things on 4chan because they make you feel intelligent IS fun, though.
>>
>>62710311
I'd be really interested to hear how you made that connection if you're still around anon.
>>
File: 1446460156309.gif (19 KB, 145x145) Image search: [Google]
1446460156309.gif
19 KB, 145x145
>>62714219
What's with knuckledraggers on /tv/ thinking everything has to be a debate all the time? You gave your opinion and he thinks you're dumb. There's no debate, that's all there is to it. I think you're dumb too for the record.
>>
>>62716796
not him, but Bluebeard is about a girl finding a locked room in her husbands house with the heads/portraits of all his former wives (depending on the version). Caleb finds Nathan's Realdoll collection in a secured room and some are in bits, that's really the only parallel. anon is wrong that it wasn't hard sci-fi, and his premise that the two aren't compatible is bollocks too.

BTW the Bluebeard fairytale is actually about how common it was for women to die in childbirth, it's a metaphor for fearing marriage because of the high risk of death that way not because of husbands being murderers.
>>
watch uncanny, its a better film
>>
>>62716892
probably the most underrated film at the moment, being overshadowed by this pile of shit. IM surprised /tv/ hasn't given it more acclaim, its a really well shot film, good plot, great twist.
>>
>>62712653
this desu
>>
>>62716892
>>62716990

I watched uncanny yesterday, and watched ex_machina today.

I enjoyed both.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.