[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spectre discussion, spoilers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
It was okay and I, being a fan, liked it. A sort of Daniel Craig redoing a best of from the classic Bond movies.

I really don't get how he survived the drills to the brain that were calculated to leave him in a vegetative state. It's a movie and all, but film Bond survives the death traps by evading them, not because he has a superhuman healing factor. Ex. the laser in Goldfinger.
>>
>>62707022
OP again. The title song was obviously atrocious. 2-3 notes that never went anywhere and could perhaps have consisted of a simple intro, but this turned out to be the full song!

The score was the usual Hollywood action tripe. No melodies, no themes. Just mindless filler to the action.

People were pissed at the prospect of a blond Bond, but they don't give a shit about the disappearance of Barry's atmosphere? Rhetorical question...
>>
Christoph Waltz's character and acting was the only bad thing about the movie. Interesting because he is the only fucking thing that the critics praised.

>>62707022
first drill went through his jaw just like a test. he escaped from the one that would have crippled him

>>62707122
I loved the theme. Didn't even notice the score, so are probably right about that.
>>
Why did Skyfall elevate the Craig movies into a billion dollar box office draw? What made it different/better than the previous two films?
>>
>>62707441
The other 2 movies advertised for it and it got great reviews and had Adele.
>>
>>62707390
OP here again: I just returned from it. It was never ambiguous that either of the drills missed its target. Blofeld targets a specific area of the brain and it was able to hit, both time. And in the second time, he gloats afterwards, expecting the expected outcome of Bond having lost his memory. It's not left to out imagination. It's explicit. Bond cannot move and gets hit both times. The first time Blofeld says he has targeted the area that if damaged, will leave him blind and deaf. The drill hits. Nothing happens. Then he says he will leave him without the ability to have memories. Again, the drill hits as programmed. He only gives his watch to Madeleine after he got drilled the second time. By then he should have been left deaf and blind and oblivious of her.
>>
>>62707585
Maybe the drill was pseudoscience
>>
>>62707585
Maybe it missed maybe Blofeld was wrong. I don't even remember him saying blind and deaf. He said the second drill would get rid of him recognize faces. Don't sperg over it.
>>
>>62707390
I personally loved the score in the Mexico scene, it was really good at gradually building up. Also liked the score in the final climax in London, it really ratcheted up the tension. Those were the only two I really noticed.
>>
All the action setpieces save for the car chase in Rome were excellent. Production design was top notch as was the acting, and taken solely as an action film it's pretty entertaining.

However the plot was total shit. Waltz was criminally underused and on a character that wasn't particularly memorable and had a backstory that is literally the same as Dr. Evil's in Austin Powers: Goldmember Daddy liked Bond better than me when we were kids so I killed Daddy!.

All the callbacks to classic Bond clashed with the tone Craig has had in these most recent Bonds. Talking specifically about the bad guys secret desert lair that seemed to self-destruct when Bond shot a gas canister, the torture scene and an extremely cliched hero's dilemma at the end.

Seydoux was qt as fuck but should've been introduced earlier and not fallen in love with Bond so quickly.

M's subplot was boring but it lead to the best joke ever in Bond 'Now we know what C stands for'.
>>
>James Bond Movie #1 - Uppity smug millennial British cunt creates huge data-mining Orwellian surveillance scheme with access to all nations' information networks

>James Bond Movie #2 - Criminal mastermind head of Spectre has person grudge against Bond because of childhood shit and wants to wreck Bond's life and kill him

These things have no connection to each other but are apparently happening at the same time and in the same movie... for some reason. Also the first villain works for the second which is established in a single expository line of dialogue and never elaborated on.

Are they sure the script was done when they began filming?
>>
>>62707122
The music is almost exactly like in Skyfall but it was used so much worse here for whatever reason. It's sort of ironic because I loved Skyfall's soundtrack and this one has virtually the same one yet implemented it so differently is just doesn't really do anything for the movie.
>>
>>62709134
Every single aspect of the movie's story feels rushed and none of them feel like enough time is spent on them, even though it's the longest Bond movie. It's weird. I really feels like they were desperate to send Craig of into the sunset, even though he has a contract for one more movie and will likely do it.
>>
>>62709134
>>62710014

In the Sony emails that were hacked this film and the next Bond film were always discussed together, budgeted together, location scouted together, etc. Sam Mendes really enjoyed making Skyfall, the studio, public, and critics were all happy with Skyfall and Craig seemed happy. This film sets up Blofeld, gives him a whole motivation to hate Bond, sets up his organization and leaves him alive in the end.

I'm pretty sure this film was originally intended to be two different stories that got truncated together when Craig and Mendes showed second thoughts about returning.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.