[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they make him a gay, then a traitor, then kill him off?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: felix gay-ta.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
felix gay-ta.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
Why did they make him a gay, then a traitor, then kill him off?

It didn't fit at all with the rest of the story, did they have to write him out because he demanded more pay or something?
>>
New Caprica and leg.
>>
that's a pretty cool idea. if an actor starts behaving like an entitled shit, give that actor lines that makes all the fans want to spit at them on the street.
>>
>>62706270
It still doesn't fit his character, though.

Like, he was a pretty tough dude, mentally.
>>
>>62706160
>traitor
well, after 99% of your race was nuked into oblivion, adn you have been chased for 3 years, living in shit conditions, i dont think youd be happy just teaming up with the guys who did that.
was he really gay in the show, i dont remember that, or is that just a fan theory bullshit
>>
>>62708077
He really was gay, but it was never mentioned in the episodes that aired on TV. It was a key point in the web series that was released between a couple of the seasons, though. His gay lover is the guy who pilots the fleet into the sun (or whatever happened) in the finale.
>>
>>62708077
Nah, he really was. It was part of webisodes. Also the 8 he gave info to on New Caprica killed the raptor team he was with, forcing Gaita to kill her, and then he learned that that 8 was actually having everyone on the lists he gave her murdered. Fucked his brain up bad.
>>
>>62708140
wasnt that guy who piloted the fleet into the sun a cylon who married starbuck? the sportsball player guy, or is that the same dude, and all 3 of them were never in the same room together?
i got to rewatch the show, and watch those web minis inbetween i guess
>>
>>62708206
Wait, maybe it was Starbuck's boyfriend who piloted the fleet. The guy I'm talking about is the guy who gets made "Admiral" at the very end when Adama decides civilization is over and it's time to act out the book of Mormon.

Hoshi. His name was Hoshi ("star") even though he wasn't Japanese.
>>
File: Tyrol gonna choke a bitch.jpg (31 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
Tyrol gonna choke a bitch.jpg
31 KB, 624x352
>tfw Gaeta was right

Zarak took things too far, but Gaeta was right in his actions. Adama was alowing the Cylons to do whatever the fuck they wanted, it was a sign of weakness.

All he wanted was some fucking Sanity. All he wanted was for humans to make their own fate, and not trust the very machines that murdered and genocided BILLIONS of people. Not one person in the fleet was unaffected / didn't know someone that died in the genocide. Yet no, let's just forgive them and work with them.

Also, FUCK HELO and his faggot as Cylon gf. Fuck him, what a shitstain. They could have completely rid themselves of the Cylon menace but no, he had to be a huge pussy SJW.
>>
>>62708255
Yes, it was Hoshi, the former officer on the Pegasus that became part of Galactica's crew after Pegasus was destroyed.

It was Anders that piloted the fleet into the sun, he was hooked up to the baseship pilot bathtub thing or whatever it was.
>>
GAETA WAS RIGHT
>>
>>62708303
So what was Hoshi doing at the end? What was the the "admiral" of?
>>
File: 1429636450028.jpg (62 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
1429636450028.jpg
62 KB, 694x530
>>62706160
>tfw we will never have a adama and saul pal around the galaxy sitcom taking place before they got reinstated, instead we got that caprica BS
>>
>>62708382
There's literally no point in a prequel series for Saul, because the entire point of his character was the development he received in the main series. He would basically be a completely different character in a prequel. No point at all.
>>
>>62708427
yeah and besides, Better Call Saul is taken

what would it even be called? So Say We Saul?
>>
File: 1370689896023.png (259 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1370689896023.png
259 KB, 640x480
>>62708279
Felix's mentality was the exact same as the ones that bombed original-Earth into a radioactive wasteland. And the same exact mentality that the cylons used to justify their actions of destroying the colonies. He was wrong, and part of the cycle, just like the 8 on New Caprica was part of the cycle. There are only two paths, the Cycle, where humans destroy cylons, then cylons destroy humans, over and over, forever, or Merge, where they can't be distinguished and live out their lives as a singular whole.

Didn't seem to work out too well, though, all things considered, since we just found new things to kill people over.
>>
>>62708999
We haven't come so close to total human extinction again, though, so that's something.
>>
>>62706231

the whole point of new caprica was that everyone thought he was a traitor but he was really a good guy

then to make him an actual traitor is as stupid as making tigh a cylon
>>
>>62709370
Yeah, it was pretty awful. There were a good number of really awful plot decisions, thankfully overshadowed by the majority of good ones, but still.
>>
>>62706160
Who cares it was the best arc in the series.
>>
>>62706160
Poor Gaeta
>>
Can someone explain why-

>Helo had the opportunity to kill all Cylons and end the war, he didn't
>Wasn't court martialed or even executed, nobody cared despite humanity being reduced to 30 000 people
>>
File: Caprica_cover[1].jpg (663 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Caprica_cover[1].jpg
663 KB, 1600x1600
i actually liked this show
>>
>>62712344
There was no real proof, and they wanted to sweep it under the rug. If they brought Helo to court martial or even executed him, word would eventually get out that they tried to genocide the entire cylon population.
>>
I literally thought he was going to be a cylon from the first episode until the full reveal of the five.
>>
>>62712389
I thought for sure Adm. Adama was going to be.

Also I thought the black pilot, before boarding, was going to be Adama's son miraculously come back and found out to be a cylon.
>>
>>62711435
Nah, again, it's bullshit that you'd have to watch the webisodes to understand Gaeta's development, but in context of those it makes perfect sense her mutiny. He didn't just lose people in the genocide, he trusted a cylon once after the holocaust and dozens paid with their lives. He'd lost too much.
>>
>>62709370
>>62711435
If you haven't seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes you shouldn't be allowed to judge Gaeta.
>>
>>62712344
Pretty much EVERYONE on the show had done something treasonous at some point and time. Hard to crucify Helo when 99% of the human cast should have been up against the wall too.

>>62709370
Not really. Granted it was never mentioned because the episode that revealed it got butchered due to rewrites and re-editing, but the plan was that Gaeta had ordered the slaughter of the Gemini colony folk on New Caprica.

The scene where Gaeta tried to kill Baltar when he was caught and being interrogated, was all about this. Gaeta gave the kill order behind Baltar's back and Baltar covered it up/took the fall for the whole thing, which was supposed to be why everyone was in open revolt/protest against Baltar when the Cylons found New Caprica.
>>
>>62712641
Yeah. Season three was supposed to have the subplot about Gaius being tried for a massacre on New Caprica, pre-Cylon, takeover once he got taken into custody.

The whole subplot got cut though (resulting in one of the most reviled episodes of the series due to the storyline cuts) and the whole point of the web-episodes was Ronald Moore trying to patch over the plot hole before the mutiny storyline began.
>>
>>62712515
My friend whose BSG dvds I borred keeps telling me to watch LotGH.
>>
>>62708999
>There are only two paths, the Cycle, where humans destroy cylons, then cylons destroy humans, over and over, forever, or Merge
Why isn't merging part of a superior cycle? I mean we have strange cosmic struggles, and yet it feels so hollow. I don't know. Despite how explicit the angels were, I felt like I really didn't understand what it matters if they do one or the other.
“It only happens once… everything else is progress.”

>Felix's mentality was the exact same as the ones that bombed original-Earth into a radioactive wasteland. And the same exact mentality that the cylons used to justify their actions of destroying the colonies.
Yes.
It's strange, though perhaps due to changes in intentions with the writers, I felt like the Cylon Six girl allowing ... was it Helo? to survive at the beginning was as if the Cylons were trying to parent the immature race, and so when they took control on New Caprica I was disappointed that they weren't showing the same proper wisdom. and then when I watched The Plan it was even worse. I don't even know what the fuck Six was doing in the context of The Plan, except ... her own plan? It's been a while, maybe I'm not remembering if that was obvious.
>>
>>62714593
If you're Patrician you'll like it. or at least relative to these lesser mediums of entertainment. I hear stuff like LotGH and The Wire are relatively Plebeian compared to a proper education in politics and sociology and such, but the bar is set low for us dumbed down civilians.

>Ronald Moore
He was involved in some amazing projects like TNG and DS9, knew what a failure Voyager was and exactly WHY the two situations were different, and yet I feel like his other projects of BSG and Carnivàle just don't come anywhere close to the same level. I wonder if it's the George Lucas effect or just that it's hard to get brilliant writers. That concentration of power worked great for Babylon 5, which I think is at least as good as TNG and DS9 if not better, but I'm less concerned about that ranking than just that those 3 are by far the top sci-fi shows ever. God, I wish we could have something that great again.
>>
>Buildings shaped like hats
>>
>>62716351
what
>>
>>62712344
>>62712371
wait what i forgot what helo did
>>
>>62717972
He executed the infected Cylons before they could be moved to raptors and executed within range of the resurrection ships, in order to prevent Adama and Roslin's plan to genocide the Cylons by using the disease to infect all Cylons by uploading the infected.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.