[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hannibal thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Thoughts and opinions please? I think the character has become so overhyped that he's no fun anymore.
>read Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal
>watched Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Manhunter
I love Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs but the Manhunter Version of Lecter is also great.

Have yet to watch Red Dragon.

Hannibal was a shitfest but I thought it was cool when it came out cause I was a kid.
Even the book is really weird and seems like fanfiction, didn't like the route it took with Lecter and Starling at all.

Manhunter Lecter is my favorite Lecter.
>>
File: manhunter390.jpg (27 KB, 390x240) Image search: [Google]
manhunter390.jpg
27 KB, 390x240
>>62704554
Bump with this guy, also pretty scary.
The whole movie is unbelievably 80s, I love it.
>>
File: 1426814162513.jpg (92 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1426814162513.jpg
92 KB, 640x1136
>>
SotL>=Hannibal (TV)>Manhunter>Hannibal>Red Dragon>Hannibal Rising

desu I like all of them except Rising and Red Dragon
>>
>>62705669
So do people like Manhunter because of nostalgic reasons?
>>
>>62705806
People like Manhunter because of Mann.

It's also fucking fantastic.
>>
>>62705806
Manhunter is objectively the best one. Mann did something stylish rather than just doing a straight airport thriller-tier adaption.
>>
>>62705815
I enjoyed it a lot, but I didn't mind it being drenched in the 80s.
I could imagine a lot of people would dismiss it outright for it's style.
I love Ralph Fiennes and all, Red Dragon is just so fucking obvious, everything is rubbed into your face.
>>
>>62705842
I also liked Silence of the Lambs a lot, fantastic movie, totally different though.
For me, it'd be a tie.
>>
Manhunter > SotL > Red Dragon > Hannibal (2001) >= eating shit >>>>>>>>> Hannibal (TV) = Hannibal Rising
>>
SotL suffers from problems of dramatic consistency. It styles itself as a gritty psychological thriller but is utterly subverted by the character of Hannibal, who quickly transforms from a genius psychopath into a supervillain. It completely lost its form and focus when Lecter outsmarted all the cops and pulled off an escape more befitting of the Joker than agèd Anthony Hopkins. The epilogue, with Lecter cold calling from some tropical climate, was pure schlock. Great example of acting that is much better than the film whereof it is featured.
>>
>>62705942
Muh man!
>>
>>62704554

>offers opinion on character
>hasn't even seen all the material that includes that character

Nah.
>>
>>62706001
Kinda this.
With Lecter, it should be less is more.
I also hate it when villains who are clearly assholes or have very flawed motives are overhyped as fuck.

Jigsaw and Lecter are my two favorite examples of that. Yes, they are smart, but often times just because the plot is written around the fact that they are supposed to be smart.

Eating another human is disgusting and degenerate, but Lecter is supposed to have great taste and is super sophisticated.

It also irks me that usually cannibals don't eat people they hate.
Maybe I'm wrong here, but all the cases of modern cannibalism I recall are about eating the victim because you want them inside of you. As is someone who you think is really beautiful or someone you want to always stay with you.
>>
>>62706306
This is why I mentioned I haven't seen all the material, I can only give you the opinion I have formed on what I watched so far. But as far as I can tell I wouldn't like it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.