[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If what you have told me is true, you will have gained my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: A SITH LORD....jpg (107 KB, 1326x580) Image search: [Google]
A SITH LORD....jpg
107 KB, 1326x580
>If what you have told me is true, you will have gained my trust...

YO FAMILY:
Why did Windu even have a reason to distrust him?

>shut down an entire ground force of battle droids
>blew up an entire separatist mothership
>thwarts assassination attempt on Senator Amidala
>Jedi Knight
>extensive knowledge of warfare and battle tactics
>hero of the Clone Wars
>saved Obi-Wan (a renowned Jedi Knight) dozens of times
>defeated a Sith lord
>rescued the chancellor
>one of the few Jedi with experience with Sith Knowledge (battled Dooku but still got BTFO)
>multiple instances of heroism and bravery
>renowned leadership the Clone Wars

I love Windu, but why the fuck didn't he trust Anakin?
>>
>>62703712
He was too hot-headed apparently. He showed too much emotion, lacked patience and disregarded authority.

Just like Windu
>>
He didn't trust Sheev, and by extension, Anakin.

To the Jedi Council, and especially Windu, Anakin appears to be Sheev's boytoy. Sheev even demanded that Anakin have a position on the Jedi Council for no reason other than because Sheev's so fucking in love with Anakin.
>>
File: 54435435346765856.png (921 KB, 1343x529) Image search: [Google]
54435435346765856.png
921 KB, 1343x529
>>62703777
But WHY didn't he trust Sheev.? There's literally no reason for him to suspect the Chancellor is evil. It's canon too:

>I've just learned a terrible truth... I think the chancellor is a sith lord
> A SITH LORD....?
>>
>>62703712

>Why did Windu even have a reason to distrust him?

Because the screenwriter suddenly realized that having wasted the first two movies doing fuck all there needed to be some tension showing that Anakin wasn't meshing with the rest of the Jedi like he should and that Mace Windu being a powerful and 'wise' jedi master might have reason to distrust the upstart powerful skywalker.

So this plot point of windu not liking Anakin was forced into the 3rd movie along with 90% of all the rest of Anakin's character development in order to try and sell this turn to the dark side.
>>
>>62703777
>they didn't trust Sheev
>they didn't trust Anakin's relationship with Sheev
>they had Anakin continue to monitor Sheev

B R A V O
>>
https://youtu.be/NedMNTgMFwc
>that delivery

Holy fucking shit. I believed the prequels are bad meme, but actually rewatching some of the scenes...how the FUCK can ANYTHING be so shit? I mean Samuel L Jackson is a renowned actor and even he sounds totally ridiculous.
>>
File: 1226934938435.jpg (79 KB, 350x218) Image search: [Google]
1226934938435.jpg
79 KB, 350x218
>>62704259
>just a casual walk n talk
>oh btw Sheev is a Sith Lord
>>
>>62704068
>Putting "WHY" in all caps as if you've already asked it and are waiting on an answer
kek

Anyway, there's a few reasons:
>Obi-Wan points out that it's very suspicious how Sheev has managed to stay in office long after his term expired
>Sheev demanded that his personal representative be given a seat on the Jedi Council
>Sheev orders the Jedi to send Anakin to his office for secret meetings while refusing to tell the rest of the Jedi what these meetings are about
>Dooku told Obi-Wan that the entire Republic is under the control of a Sith Lord. Even if they have reason not to believe him, since he's a Sith Lord, it's still enough to make them suspicious.

>>62704185
To be fair, if they wanted somebody to keep an eye on Sheev, Anakin would be the only one capable of doing so. Sheev distrusts the Jedi as much as they distrust him.
>>
>>62703712
Windu is the biggest dick of the movies. He didn't trust Anakin when he was fucking 9 years old. He was treating him like a disease in the very first meeting. No "sorry little boy, you can't be a Jedi because you are too old for the training". No Windu didn't even look him in the eye, he just casually said to Qui-Gon:
- Too old.
I mean what the fuck? He supposed to be one of the best Jedi of the universe and he didn't bothered to be nice to a fucking kid.

He and the rest of the Jedi is the reason this whole prequel thing sucks. The Jedi are supposed to be the most noble warriors/peacekeepers of the galaxy, who honor wisdom, peace and love not fucking rude and corrupt politicians.

It would have been a great story if they slowly became that in the 2. and 3. movie from noble knights to corrupt politicians like the Templars.
>>
>>62704546
>9 year old kid walks into the room
>Windu takes one look at him and says, "too old"

So what you're saying is that Mace Windu is /tv/?
>>
>>62703712
>>one of the few Jedi with experience with Sith Knowledge (battled Dooku but still got BTFO)

>Sith
>Dooku

Were you asleep throughout the second and third movie you dense motherfucker?

He was a Jedi, he just broke with the Jedi Order because he believed the trade federation to be the lesser of two evils. They even spell it out for you
>he is a political idealist
He was fooled by Palpi in all the ways that Lucas wanted us to believe Anakin was but wasn't.
>>
>>62704546
Somebody in another thread pointed out that during the scene in Phantom Menace when Qui-Gon was presenting Anakin to the council, Windu says "You believe it's this..." and he hesitates as if he wants to say "slave", but catches himself and says "boy".
>>
>>62704291
>>62704259

I'm glad someone else is offput by this. I mean holy hell, phoning it is an understatement. This is some post modern intentionally awful acting or something. Fucking staggering to think these people were paid millions of dollars to do this.
>>
>>62704724
>I'm glad someone else is offput by this.
Plinkett actually points it out in his Episode 3 review.
>>
>>62704666
Darth Tyranus
>>
Because he was the chosen one and Windu thought that whole thing either was bullshit or might turn out poorly.
>>
>>62704259
>its actually worse than I remember
>>
>>62704068
So what, he JUST SUDDENLY trusts that guy that he has no faith in?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.