[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Horror-ble Story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
What's up with this season? What up with this SHOW?
Like, how in the hell as they so inconsistent?

Freakshow and Asylum were great, but what the fuck was season one and Coven? It's like they're not even the same show.

Is anyone still watching this?
>>
>>62701277
>Freakshow
>great

here's a reply
>>
>>62701277
>shitting on season one
>freakshow was great
Kill yourself.
>>
>>62701297
Season One was 'Hey this is really happening....PSYCH!' over and over again, without any clear logic of the show.
>>
>>62701355
that's literally every season of the show, except as it goes on it becomes even more incoherent and uninteresting.
>>
Asylum > Murder House > Dog shit > Freak Show > Being waterboarded > Coven

The first two seasons of AHS were great. Murder House was a bit too soap opera-ish at times and both had weak finales, but they were a good fun time. They were being made for horror movie fans, they would throw a bunch of horror movie tropes together and try to tie them together into one convoluted, yet entertaining clusterfuck of a story. That was the fun of AHS, trashy but smart trash.

Starting with Coven onwards they started to cater the show towards teenage girls. Reduce the horror elements and make the show a soap opera, about love triangles and girls being catty towards one another. This is evidenced by the fact the show became insanely fucking popular with Coven. Facebook and Twitter blew the fuck up with this show starting with Coven. Freak Show suffers from the exact same problems as Coven, but at least it had Twisty, Dandy and Neil Patrick Harris's character.

Hotel so far hasn't been as shit as Coven and Freak Show, but it's still bretty fucking awful. For this one it seems as if they're trying to strike a balance between appealing to horror movie fans and teenage girls. You've got Lady Gaga and her retarded vampire storyline for the teenage girls, then the ten commandments serial killer / H H Holmes stuff for the horror movie fans. But the season is focusing way more on the vampires and reducing the interesting storylines like the commandments killer to minor subplots.

tl;dr
Ryan Murphy is a fucking hack.
>>
>>62701277

Can someone green text the last episode? I was drunk when I watched it and I can't really be bothered to watch it again. All I clearly remember is Gaga slitting throat of the cross-dresser's bf.
>>
>>62701620
>lady gaga's weakness her vampire baby she keeps locked in room 33
>angela bassett and kathy bates are working together to kill lady gaga (first they want to kill her baby and the children vampires to fuck with her)
>the vampire baby escaped it's room during the episode, snuck into wes bentley's suitcase, he returned home with the vampire baby (unknowingly), but chloe sevingy found it and brought it back, making this whole entire part of the episode completely fucking pointless
>denis o'hare is having an affair with fin wittrock (gaga's new bf)
>when denis and fin confront gaga, she slits fin's throat in rage
>there was another commandments murder, wes showed up and the chief was like how the fuck did you know there was another murder, we didn't even call it in, bretty much confirming wes is the commandments killer
Basically a filler episode.
>>
Only season one and freakshow were good. The current season isn't the same without Lange, and I've found the sex scenes to be a bit overdone this time around
>>
>>62701781

Thanks, don't even know half the names or remember the baby escaping though, got to stop drinking so much.

AHS seems like a show to marathon though, whilst drinking.
>>
>>62701832
>doesn't know who kathy bates is
>doesn't know who denis o'hare is
>doesn't know who chloe sevingy is
What the fuck are you doing.
>>
Um, season one was objectively the best. It's been downhill ever since.

Also, can we stop with all the homoerotic shit? I get the guy behind it is gay or whatever, but fuck.
>>
>>62701865

I know who Kathy Bates is, she's the receptionist.

I presume Sevingy is the wife of the cop.
>>
>>62701913
Yes, also she's a fucking cunt in this. Granted, she's a cunt in most things she's in.
>>
What's with the show always going on a episode or 2 too long each series?

S1 had this and Asylum was terrible for it.

Once they reveal all the big twists and explain shit, the series just tread water until the end.
>>
>>62701277
I liked Asylum and Freakshow, and I was enjoying this season until this episode. This is where the season starts to fall apart.
>>
>>62701878

You should read Clive Barker. He's the absolute worst for it.

Everyone is at least Bi. Also, every demon will have an erect penis.

In the Scarlett Gospels, They (mostly gay) main characters are dragging a dead body in the middle of the desert, out of nowhere a limo with a priest shows up, invites them in (because you would invite 4 people in the middle of the desert dragging a body), makes a bunch of homophobic remarks. Then the priest spouts a bunch of homophobic stuff, the cast beat him up and steal the limo. It's a fucking cringeworthy scene that makes no sense except to make the cast big Mary Sues for the author.
>>
They should have never invited Lady Gaga onto the show.

Whilst she acts her part well, it's clear she's written with the knowledge that she's a mega-star and that her character has to be the center of attention and always cool and sophisticated.
>>
>>62701781
You forgot the Swedish girls are now haunting/killing people and Chloe Sevigny has turned full evil, abandoning her daughter and now actively conspiring to drive Wes insane so that she can get rid of him so he does not expose the vamps
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.