[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the DBZ fan film? https://www.youtube.com/watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
Thoughts on the DBZ fan film?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM20wwzl4Ds
>>
The fight two thirds in really wants to be the Neo/Smith fight from Matrix Revolutions.
>>
>>62700772
This so much.
The french accennt annoyed me alot and the actors were fugly/looked not even a little close and the obvious goku thing with eating so much was cringy. Sell has no face/looks like a faceless horse. Cgi was decent tho and this looked way better then that abortion of a movie they made like 6 years ago with that dumb white kid from war of the worlds
>>
>>62701162
Cell* fkin phone
>>
>>62701162
All-CGI Cell with no face was probably way cheaper and easier than All-CGI Cell with face.

Miffed that it's all white guys. Not SJW, it's just that the characters have always been Asian in my head. I wish they at least went all-in on the anime hair though.

Vegeta reveal with the cassette tape was cool, Goku was kinda lame, they should have just ended with with that cut to black in the time machine.

The Kamehameha was fucking incredible.
>>
>>62700620
Considering it was made by two guys with virtually no production budget, this is pretty impressive.
>>
Why are Americans so obsessed with the cell saga? Why would you make a Cell saga movie before doing the Piccolo saga or Saiyan saga at least?
>>
>>62701580
That's a French project you retard.
>>
looks better than supergirl tbqh
>>
>fan film

inherently shit and reductive. If you have the time and money to make such a thing make an original idea
>>
I enjoyed it, especially once the kinda weird Krillin and Tien scenes had passed

>>62701162
>>62701477
I liked the Goku part, did you guys just think it was too on the nose?
>>
>>62701580
>Saiyan saga at least?

bottom of the barrel trash
>>
>>62701580
>Why are Americans so obsessed with the cell saga? Why would you make a Cell saga movie before doing the Piccolo saga or Saiyan saga at least?
Hollywood made a Piccolo saga movie and it was dogshit.

I wonder if you could condense Saiyan saga and Frieza saga all into one movie
>>
Holy shit the fucking Engrish

Twenty fucking minutes of Engrish

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET TO THE POINT

>Destiny was a-changed. The world had made destroyed by dangerous.. Now that a spicy meatball..

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>62700620
why does perfect cell have that face?

>forgetting what perfect cell looks like
>>
Light of Hope is way better
>>
File: trhr.jpg (133 KB, 1491x756) Image search: [Google]
trhr.jpg
133 KB, 1491x756
THE FUTURE!
>>
>>62700620

why is he crying?
>>
>>62701580
i think for a fan film or any live action it's just easier to do a story that doesn't involve aliens, spaceships, weird-looking space armor, weird planets with pink skies and blue grass, etc

Cell is weird-looking but at least it's all set on Earth. Trunks is also an easier character to adapt than Goku, I have a harder time imagining a live-action Goku that would please everyone
>>
This was pretty good, thanks OP.

Vegeta cassette tape and Goku reveal are among the stronger parts, well executed. Bulma's dad, Krillin and Tien are on point visually.

Not so sure about Bulma, Trunks and Trunks' SSJ look, although I suppose it works better than just to have the hair golden.

In any case, mad props to the creators, they're really talented.
>>
>>62702051
Trunks just cut off his face with his sword
>>
>>62702006
Why would you assume they forgot? It's easier to animate him with the simplified face they chose.
>>
File: 1404189725461.png (117 KB, 330x317) Image search: [Google]
1404189725461.png
117 KB, 330x317
>>62700620
>that Goku
This fanshit is neither "Television" nor "Film"
>>>/r/eddit

Saged. Reported. Hidden
>>
not as good as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opji5DgE_nQ
>>
>>62702035
idk dbz, but that looks like a reboot jurassic park "i know this" hacking scene
>>
>>62701943

>King Piccolo Movie
Establishes Goku, and the rest of the supporting cast. It would be a Dragon Ball Movie pretty much.

>Saiyan Saga Movie
Radditz appears, it is revealed Goku is actually an Alien. Defeats Radditz, the threat of Vegeta and Nappa coming as well.

>Frieza Saga Movie
With the aftermath of Vegeta and Nappa leaving the world in shambles they try to find the Namekian Dragon Balls.

It honestly could work as a trilogy. There is enough material to go around to actually adapt and write a comprehensible story if they do it like their own world and don't try to fit Dragon Ball in to our Earth.
>>
why is it have to be fucking grimdark capeshit?

they could have made it colorful and fun like gotg
>>
>>62701477
>the characters have always been Asian in my head
They speak English in Dragon Ball's world.
>>
>>62702788

>grimdark capeshit

Well, it fits that part of the story. In that timeline virtually everyone is dead and the earth is in ruins.

Also at the end they go back to color/fun with the Goku reveal.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.