[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished watching this. What was your guys verdict on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: mr-robot.jpg (80 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot.jpg
80 KB, 600x549
I just finished watching this. What was your guys verdict on it?

Pretty decent imo .. not amazing though. It kind of wears it's influences on it's sleeve.
>>
DUDE F*CK SOCIETY LMAO
>>
>>62698539
Pretty solid, also i love how half the people that shit on it seem to misunderstand the show despite it not even having depth
>>
I enjoyed it, but it's definitely a guilty pleasure. I really liked the way it was shot & edited, the music choices, etc - aesthetically I think it's one of the best shows on television. Cast is solid too.

Writing is pretty spotty, though. It deals with interesting ideas, but does so with ZERO subtlety. And as many others have said, the "Fight Club" connection walks a very fine line between reference and ripoff.
>>
Started off ok, ended up as total dog shit.
>>
>>62698567

Yeah, it's like the people who think Fight Club is actually encouraging nihilism and anarchy, when it's clearly showing how fucking stupid it is.
>>
writing is pretty bad, but everything else i really enjoyed
>>
>>62698606

The way they framed their shots kept drawing my attention. Is there any reason why so many shots were framed way, way off center?
>>
>>62698606
I think the writing suffers because of the network it's on. USA is one of those channels where they have to dumb down everything to appeal to the flyover states who actually still have cable, and you can tell that producer meddling probably influenced the changes.
>>
>>62698656

It seems that way. Most of the more blant exposition came in the narration, and it seemed like someone was telling them to make it more clear to the audience after they had already shot most of it.
>>
I like when business guy wanted to put his balls in Portia Doubleday's mouth and the left one was bigger and hairier.

I am a simple man.
>>
>>62698650

The human individual being slowly pushed out of the picture by the digital hive mind

Or some film-school bullshit like that. I just thought it looked cool, and seemed fitting for Elliot's warped perspective on the world
>>
>>62698606

I would almost say that it's almost a spiritual remake of Fight Club. Elliott is basically Tyler Durden with a laptop and an extra chromosome.
>>
>>62698735
i liked when the pregnant wife was tied down to the bed and whipped
>>
>>62698759

I guess it could be trying to show his inability to interact with people. It's almost like he's avoiding eye contact with them, pushing them off to the corner of his eye.
>>
>>62698539
Literally reddit: the show
>>
>>62698798

Isn't Anonymous more 4chan based? I mean, it's a show based on their ideals and exploits.
>>
Tyrell was the best character on television. For everything that was derivative his behavior was batshit original.
>>
did anyone see the 'technogeekdom' board on the 4chan scene?
>>
>>62698909

He was Frank Underwood mixed with Patrick Bateman.
>>
>>62698798
>>62698821
>>62698977

The dude was literally surfing 4chan on the show ...
>>
>>62698606
>>62698765
yeah it's just Esmail remaking it and adding in lots of other shit. It's essentially David Fincher fanfic.
>>
>>62698606
Opening scenes were especially based aesthetically, desu.
>>
Hoping S2-5 doesn't go way too over the top
Especially since the entire script is already written essentially.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.