[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If xenomorphs didn't appear until the squid impregnated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: alineo-1200x630.jpg (52 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
alineo-1200x630.jpg
52 KB, 1200x630
If xenomorphs didn't appear until the squid impregnated an engineer, how is it possible that predators bred xenomorphs to hunt them?
>>
>>62696305
>how is it possible that predators bred xenomorphs to hunt them?

sounds like comic book shit, not canon.
>>
>>62696321
you don't decide whats canon and what's not.
>>
>>62696330

Watch me
>>
>prometheus hating retards graduating from "Why don't people behave like my autistic, impaired brain dictates they should behave" to "Why is Prometheus contradicting my shitty akshun movies?"

I can't say this is unexpected ground
>>
xenomorphs are something to do with the black fluid that Fass spikes that guys drink with, maybe the Predators were at war with the Engineers and captured some of the liquid or something

or maybe the Engineers created a load of xenomorphs on a planet somewhere as a test, and then later the predators found them and decided that they would make good hunting targets

just use your imagination t b h, it isn't hard
>>
Fucking shit movie, as bad as star wars prequels
>>
>>62696305
>If xenomorphs didn't appear until the squid impregnated an engineer
Literally nobody says that, and besides there is a fresco of xenomorphs in the temple so it's not true.
>>
>>62696305
I remember seeing this and thinking "Holy shit, this is fucking incredible!".

Of course, I was only like 15 at the time, and I'd never seen Alien.

I still find it impressive on a visual level.
>>
>>62696321
AvP pyramid nonsense.
>>
>>62696321
Actually it is, the idea came from a comic book and made its way into the crossover movie.

>>62696392
Visually, the movie IS incredible. I love the atmosphere it has.
>>
>>62696356
xenomorphs as we saw them in the first movies didn't exist until humans were impregnated.
in prometheus they look different as they look different probably because it came from an engineer, same as they dog-alien walked like a dog because... it came from a dog.
The fact that the aliens predators bred were identical to the ones that are bred inside humans can only mean they were using humans.
>>
>>62696349
>autistic fanboy defends his movie's plotholes

If you're going to make a film set in the Alien universe, at least do it consistently.
>>
It's lol that nerds try to make some sort of coherent "canon" out of these movies when practically none of the people involved with making them have ever given two shits about continuity or consistency. Remember when Cameron turned the weird biomechanical penis-headed sex monster into a hive of giant wasps?

Scott added a bunch of new monsters that don't fit into the established lore because he thought they would look neat and he was tired of the xenomorph which he felt was worn out and which he didnt want stealing the spotlight.. That's the only explanation; it is not meant to really make sense within the franchise's established continuity and watching autists try to hammer all of these square pegs into round holes is painful
>>
Why didn't they just use the classic xenomorph design instead of the streamlined fuccboi version?
>>
>>62696321
>prometheus
>canon
>>
>>62696340
>watch me eat turds

>shit eating grin
>>
>>62698589

>Prometheus
>predators
>>
File: Hystarical.jpg (494 KB, 1015x923) Image search: [Google]
Hystarical.jpg
494 KB, 1015x923
>>62696305

Im guessing the xeno's were on that planet for a long ass time. They had time to change and evolve. The predators must of come from a time and found them when the xeno's were much more developed to what we saw in alien. Some predators must of landed on the planet looking for a good hunt and fought the xeno's. Chances are those predators lost and got impregnated and other predators came looking for them (because they didn't blow themselves up) and made the discovery of the true danger of the xeno's and they researched them and there life cycle. What predator could resist such a challenge from such a dangerous creature. The predators began to breed xeno's for challenge as the ultimate prey. Im sure there is a whole story about how the predators must of cultivated the xeno's to be stronger and left some on that planet to evolve and develop further while they studied the impregnated predators that lost fighting them. It makes sense they used humans to make the xeno's because they didn't want to sacrifice there own species to hunt down xeno's. In exchange, the predators offered wisdom and knowledge to the humans in exchange for some to sacrifice themselves for the xeno's for the predators to hunt.

Although someone is gonna probably refute my claims since there is probably a way to debunk what I believe from the movies. Its just the theory I like to believe anyway.
>>
>>62696305
>how is it possible that predators bred xenomorphs to hunt them?

>AvP
>canon
>>
>>62696392
There is no denying Prometheus is a good looking movie.
>>
>>62696305
The answer is don't worry about it
>>
File: Alien egg.jpg (133 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Alien egg.jpg
133 KB, 1280x960
>>62698757
part 2
It would also maybe explain why the planet was so dead like a foreign wasteland because the xeno's hunted everything to extinction. Which must of taken a long time but the traits of the xeno's changed and evolved because the planet must of had many different species on that planet and all the breeding and reproducing the xeno's did supports my theory as to why they look so diffrent. especially since the movies makes it seem like once the xeno's come into contact with any race/species they wipe them out because they are unnaturally designed as a bio weapon to do just that. They don't serve any type of natural ecosystem like nature usually tries to design. So eventually the xeno's all died off from old age or whatever and only the xeno eggs remain since they are designed to last a very long time until its time to emerge. Kind of like triops. Then the predators found them because maybe they were searching for a good hunt or whatever.
>>
I remember reading somewhere that the Engineers had a history with the Predators somewhere, but whether it was someone making up a quotation or not I can't validate.

Just use headcanons senpai, maybe engineers r all ded cause predators took em out and stole their hype ultimate-creature making technology for keks and gud hunts.
>>
>>62696305
>AvP
>canon

Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>62698964

oh yeah I forgot to mention the whole evolution theory makes sense to me since we saw in prometheus how the alien emerged from the engie's body as a almost full grown creature. Compared to the first alien movie that bursted out of the guys stomach as a much smaller creature and then to shed its skin and get much bigger. supports the whole alien evolution thing because they were on that planet for so long.

Im sure that its because ridley scott just didn't think all this through but its fun to imagine.
>>
>>62696305
not that avp is cannon or anything, but within prometheus, the xeno's existed way before that squid impregnated an engineer.
>>
>yfw you realized prometheus is a good movie
>>
File: images (1).jpg (11 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
11 KB, 239x211
>>62696392

>15 when prometheus came out
>>
File: prometheus2[1].jpg (215 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
prometheus2[1].jpg
215 KB, 1600x960
I watch prometheus once a year to renew my faith that one day someone will match its atmosphere and depth.
>>
>>62696321
you don't remember the xenomorph skull in predator 2?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.