[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching Brazil. Good movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: brazil-1.jpg (64 KB, 624x350) Image search: [Google]
brazil-1.jpg
64 KB, 624x350
Just finished watching Brazil. Good movie.
>>
>>62696180
Good movie, generally well liked here on /tv/.

What was your favorite scene, anon?
>>
>>62696215
The bit with the first flying section was pretty great, a friend had told me it was effects but it looked ridiculously convincing. Also the bit with the security rehearsing Christmas carols.

The look of everything, all the monitors and glass brick elevators and old-world deco, was spot on.

Was the movie a financial success in its time?
>>
>>62696491
(Without looking it up) Doubt it.

Apparently Terry Gilliam had to take out a full page ad in a newspaper in order to shame the studio into releasing it (they wanted major changes). He has since gone on record saying he only made the film to let the general public know what Michael Palin was really like by having him play a character much like his evil real self.

Brazil
When hearts were entertained in June
We stood beneath an amber moon
And softly whispered 'some day soon'

We kissed and clung together
Then
Tomorrow was another day
The morning found me miles away
With still a million things to say

Now
When twilight beams the skies above
Recalling thrills of our love
There's one thing I'm certain of

Return I will
To old Brazil
>>
literally reddit: the thread
>>
de niro was great
>that newspaper scene
>>
Kate Bush version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a79SSg3fw9g
>>
La-lah, lal-la-la-la-lah lal-lahhhh.
>>
>>62696180
Messy and boring.
>>
>>62697541
Robert De Niro took method acting to bizarre limits for Brazil. The Taxi Driver actor believed in Brazil so much that he accepted the role of pipe-diving Harry Tuttle, even though it was smaller than the one he originally wanted, Jack Lint. (It went to Michael Palin.) Before stepping on set, De Niro took research to a whole new level. "He was so utterly thorough in his preparation that he had a friend who was a brain surgeon whose operations he was sitting in on (because I'd described Harry's precision as a repairman as 'surgical')," Gilliam wrote. "Imagine coming out from being under anesthetic after brain surgery and the first person you see is Robert De Niro."
>>
>>62696180

Great job outta you, fag
>>
>>62697559
Found a better version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVDOrlugfBI
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.