[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes and shitposting aside, what is /tv/'s actual opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_ms9ewbGClA1rkm6qmo1_500.jpg (18 KB, 449x482) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms9ewbGClA1rkm6qmo1_500.jpg
18 KB, 449x482
Memes and shitposting aside, what is /tv/'s actual opinion of him as an actor?

Apart from you-know-what, I've only ever seen him in The Wire and Game of Thrones, but in both shows he does a fantastic job, and especially in GoT he steals every scene he's in. One of the top cast members on each show, both with a big cast (4 me, etc.)
>>
>>62695448

You joking? He's been shit in GoT since S3 and gotten worse over time, he couldn't even keep his accent straight in Calvary and he's generally just a mediocre fucking actor, it's only this place that pushes him as some kind of good actor.

He's SHIT.
>>
>>62695473
He has a really smug face, which is perfect for someone like Littlefinger.
>>
He's great
>>
>>62695473

get this hothead outta here
>>
SKARCH
>>
File: why would i want them.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
why would i want them.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>62695448
Saw Skoarch trials exclusively for him and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. He was the best part about an otherwise forgettable movie.

Like many actors, I think he acknowledges that he gets a little silly with his roles, especially when it comes to his unique tics and facial expressions, and untameable accent. LI don't think he goes out of the way be a meme actor or anything, but subtle things like the goofy facial expressions that make CIA reaction image gold really are his forte, for better or for worse. Make of it what you will, it's why he's so loveable, and it's clearly something he does deliberately, and owns up to in interviews.

>There's a lot of play. I'll always endeavor to bring an aspect of play to the table and keep things reined in if I can. The writers don't write in cliche, so if the ham starts to come in thick slices, you can lay it all at my dainty boots.
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/game-of-thrones-q-a-aidan-gillen-on-the-life-of-littlefinger-20130508
>>
>>62695473
I agree, it's things like not being able to keep the same accent between seasons.
>>
>>62695448
He was great when he was fucking 15 year old boys in Queer as Folk
>>
>>62696367
Seriously he was. I'd sell a testicle to be pounded by Aidan
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 264x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 264x410
>>62695448
I saw him on the Wire and thought he was ok. Since TDKR he as because the definition of a meme actor. He's extremely handsome for his age and has become one of my favorite actors of all time. And now with GOT and Maze runner his career is finally kicking off.
>>
>>62698470

>meme actor

that's a good thing now? Fuck this board's inconsistencies
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.