[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a theory, /tv/. Hear me out: DIMENSION is not a scene
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: TorrentsSitesLegalDownloads.jpg (9 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
TorrentsSitesLegalDownloads.jpg
9 KB, 302x302
I have a theory, /tv/. Hear me out: DIMENSION is not a scene group. Not really. They're difficult to find, rarely discussed, and have no list of even member aliases.

Where am I going with this? I examined 10 DIMENSION releases and guess what I found? WIDELY varying encoding standards, color spaces, and bit-rates, including commercial black sizes, which are generally standardized in scene groups--except they ARE standardized across PRODUCTION STUDIOS and occasionally NETWORKS. Guess what ELSE I found?

No broadcast encoding artifacts. None at all. DIMENSION rips AREN'T FROM TV. They're encoded from raw by at least 10 unrelated groups of people--probably people that work at the studios that broadcast the shows. DIMENSION is not a scene group--it's a conglomeration of television producers dedicated to posting downloadable versions of their OWN SHOWS online.

Why? I don't know, but it's the truth.
>>
it's still a scene group
>>
>>62694156
I suppose so, but it's a scene group of producers. At the very least, it's a scene group of people that handle the raw files before they're encoded for broadcast. Sat transfer workers? Working copy encoders? Producers? Probably all of the above.
>>
>>62694134
but why
>>
File: scene release groups.png (382 KB, 735x2024) Image search: [Google]
scene release groups.png
382 KB, 735x2024
>>62694134
They are scene according to this scripture
>>
>>62694185
I'm not sure, but notice that ONLY DIMENSION had the leaked Flash and Supergirl episodes that were later proven to be intentionally leaked...
>>
>>62694243
>intentionally leaked...
literally 99% of all leaks are intentional
>>
>>62694134
They only works as a distributor, dim-wit, they don't care of the encoding process or anything related to the moviemaking at all. They only make the files avaiable for download.
>>
>>62694267
You're focusing on the wrong part of that sentence. Why go to DIMENSION and nobody else at all unless connections already existed?
>>
>>62694281
I know, that's what I'm saying! But beyond that, I think the entire group is somehow entwined with production.
>>
>he gets the show from teh satellite feed, preair, and pre-digital onscreen graphic insertion
>and used to insert fake graphics to make it look like the cap was from tv, but doesnt bother with that anymore cuz its common knowledge by now
>>
>>62694293
oh they got connections
http://scenenotice.org/details.php?id=2253
>>
>>62694365
Here's the interesting part of my theory: Why has nobody from the networks or production companies done anything if DIMENSION is so insecure about their data? Why can they get away with this when any other groups would've been rung out? Why has none of this come back to bite them to this day?

In my opinion, because the networks and/or production companies are running the group directly (not just leaking to them) and lying to everyone else about being a regular scene group. They are immune to legal action because they won't sue themselves. DIMENSION doesn't source from the production and broadcast companies, DIMENSION *IS* the production and broadcast companies.
>>
>>62694436
so what you're saying is they are some kinda cointelpro scene group
>>
>>62694436
>teh dimension l0re is that they haxed global uplink satellites w/ teh backd00r access
>teh trooth == lol some guy who works @ a local station
>>
File: LarrySilverstein.jpg (91 KB, 609x720) Image search: [Google]
LarrySilverstein.jpg
91 KB, 609x720
might as well throw this one in to be honest
>>
>>62694482
>>62694351
Is that how there are some releases labelled HDTV.1080p ? when (I believe) in America they only broadcast up to 1080i?
Or is that just the result of 1080p web-dls badly named?
>>
File: pep.jpg (15 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
15 KB, 251x242
>DIMENSION release
>6GB for one episode
>>
>>62694500
Is this shit true?
Damn, I gotta look into this.
>>
That DIM doesn't rip from TV is well-known. They have access to the backhaul feed. This is well established. They used to add fake TV station logos onto their rips to make it seem like they were TV-sourced, but don't even bother with that anymore because, again, this is widely known.

DIM has people who work at some local network affiliates and have access to the feed, that's all there is to it.

Studios do, however, leak pilots to analyze social media reactions (Google search for: Bluefin); again, this is well-known. Tell-tale signs that it's a studio leak is when the release is either not tagged at all, or tagged with a new previously unseen group. See the CSI:Cyber pilot 'leaking' a week early earlier this year for an example of a studio leak.

TLDR: DIMENSION gets the source from backhaul feeds, by simply having someone who works at a local affiliate station. Intentional studio leaks for marketting analysis do happen, but that's not DIM.

teh end
/thread
>>
>>62694236
where's yiffy?
>>
>>62695689
came here to post this
>>
>>62695565
proves nothing

conspiratards love to bring it up as if it's proof of something

it isn't
>>
>>62695560
a good backhaul feed is comparable to blu-ray quality, both in the fidelity of the source as well as the bitrate. go watch the 1080p HDTVs of Hannibal season 3, they're insane.
>>
>>62694500
But that's a perfectly possible coincidence, with 3 elements only. And the terrorist clause is reasonable considering the place's history.
>>
ok but did something happen in the scene, like an internet fight between DIM and another group? why this expose now? not that i mind. we used to have more threads like this.

which groups specialize in film 'leaks'? that's what i want to hear.
>>
>>62696445
nothing happened and this thread was made by a retard who probably uses kickasstorrents

no one specializes in leaks anymore, you have to be really dumb to leak screeners or workprints.
>>
>>62696475
What's wrong with kickcass senpai? Serious question.
>>
>>62696445
>why this expose now?
Because it's screener season. Guess which group is the go-to sauce of screener leaks for the past half-decade.
>>
>>62696485
it's a public tracker that anti-piracy groups monitor and mine for IP addresses. it's way far down the food chain, primarily filled with garbage reencoded content for movies and tv, apps + games shouldn't be trusted from public trackers. speeds are shit.
>>
>>62696501
P2P has been a better source of screeners and leaks since like 2009, DIMENSION has little to do with any screeners.
>>
>>62696475
Did you read the thread? A 'leak' is just hot buzzword much like a gold laurel wreathe on black bluray cover. Studios pose as scenegroups.

Which other ones have been identified OP? Who are we going to depend on for advanced screenings of this year's crop of oscarb8?
>>
>>62695689
But most pilot leaks are done through DIMENSION nowadays. That's why I'm saying they must be insiders.
>>
>>62695689
>Intentional studio leaks for marketting analysis do happen, but that's not DIM.

DIM were the only people to publish the Flash and Supergirl leaks though. I'm sorry, but I think them being a backhaul group is a red herring.
>>
>>62694134
Assuming this is true, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. It's been shown on several occasions that piracy can actually help studios, especially at the beginning of a show's life. It's never been proven to have any real negative effect, so why not take the chance and leak some stuff?
>>
>>62694134
Studios--or at least people working for them--have been leaking stuff on torrent sites for as long as torrent sites have been around. This isn't new.
>>
File: 1398150134793.png (15 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
1398150134793.png
15 KB, 183x232
>>62695803
yfw
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.