[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw the original SW was intended to be a pastiche of different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: anewhopeposter.jpg (424 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
anewhopeposter.jpg
424 KB, 1024x1448
>yfw the original SW was intended to be a pastiche of different genres and memes much like Kill Bill and the Tarantino hit
>yfw no one got it
>yfw it made shit ton of money unexpectedly
>yfw it was retconned as a "serious" sci fi flick despite having mentally challenged-tier concept and lore

Is George an unsung genius?
Are we the actual plebeians?
>>
>>62693777
hit=shit*
>>
>>62693777
This is why SW '77 is the only great Star Wars movie.
>>
This should have been a stand-alone film. The sequels ruined it before the prequels made things even worse.
>>
ANH is the best though
>>
File: 1446583005446.jpg (26 KB, 414x471) Image search: [Google]
1446583005446.jpg
26 KB, 414x471
>yfw Lucas just made Hamlet in Space.
>>
it was a retarded concept, a shitty script and when you see unused sequences like luke and his pals on that desert planet it becomes obvious the postproduction team salvaged something great from his mess

problem is years later he believed he'd always intended what made it to in cinemas and the prequels are result of his delusion
>>
Yeah, Star Wars tends to lose something for me when it's not blatantly homaging other stuff. That's why I like The Clone Wars cartoon so much since it'll have episodes shamelessly ripping off things like Seven Samurai or Godzilla.
>>
>>62693841
>saved in editing
I don't like this meme
>>
If you read George’s original scripts and drafts, you'll realise that's not true.

The amount of effort put into things that didn't make sense is astonishing.
>>
>>62693843
And yet you dislike the 50's diner.
>>
>>62693851
Have you never seen anything about the Making of Star Wars or even just Episode IV.

Even george admits that the movie was a mess that was saved in post production
>>
>>62693841
link pls
>>
>>62693894
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f00IkrWvur4
>>
>>62693866
I never really minded it, but it's pretty dumb in the context of the movie. I do like that it's George referencing American Graffiti but i
>>
>pastiche of different genres
Original trilogy, lucas has minimal creative control
>retconned as a "serious" sci fi
the prequels, lucas has complete creative control

So... about lucas being a "genius?"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.