[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently watched an interview were Doug Benson says he still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: jgl.png (197 KB, 616x363) Image search: [Google]
jgl.png
197 KB, 616x363
So I recently watched an interview were Doug Benson says he still gets something like a $20 check every month from his minute long cameo on Friends.

Just how much do the stars of long running, popular syndicated TV shows actually make? It seems like anyone in that situation could easily just retire and be set for life; I know I'd just live off my TRftS money if I was JGL.

Also, aside from pic related and Drew Barrymore, which successful child actors actually seem well adjusted and are still working in the industry, even though they obviously don't need to?
>>
>>62688453
The guy from Get Smart made a shitload of money from Get Smart by taking most of his pay in syndication royalties or some shit. Look it up.
>>
>>62688453
xfiles sqaud
sunny bros will be set too i bet
>>
>>62688453
>$35 million

I'm fucking poor kek
>>
>>62688590

Yeah, even without worrying about investing I'm sure I'd be completely fine living the rest of my life on $35 million.
>>
Look at someone like Jerry Seinfeld. He hasn't done fuck all in 15 years but is worth hundreds of millions because Seinfeld airs multiple times every day all over the world.
>>
>>62688812

>julia louis-dreyfus already had billions in family money but became the favorite child by making her fortune on her own
>>
>>62688812
I think the other 3 barely get anything in comparison, it's all Jerry and Larry
>>
Really makes you wonder how some actors get their shit fucked up and they lose all their money when even c list TV actors make more money than like, 90 percent of the population does in their entire life
>>
>>62688905
I don't see what the problem is, Jerry and Larry also ran and wrote the show.
>>
>>62688812
>He hasn't done fuck all in 15 years
He's been doing stand up
He has a web show
>>
>>62688995

>literally just being rich and fucking around
>>
>>62688995
Point is he could do those, running at a loss and it wouldn't put a dent in his capital. In the eyes of many he will be a one-hit wonder too.

Didn't John Milius and Steven Spielberg get like 1% of the Star Wars gross each, because they traded Lucas a 1% share of grosses in their own films (I think for Stevie, George got a 1% cut of CE3K)
>>
File: Good-Son.png (755 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Good-Son.png
755 KB, 853x480
Despite still looking like he's 10, old blue eyes seems to be doing pretty good for himself.
>>
>>62689259
Anyone else find it weird that for a period of time in the 90's every kid in films or advertising had to be played by him or have that same Anglo-Germanic innocuous look with the protruding lips and lame bowl cut?

Like how the hell did that consensus get reached? What was the zeitgeist that people decided that this was the archetypal male child?
>>
File: FLIPPER-boat-9.jpg (35 KB, 779x361) Image search: [Google]
FLIPPER-boat-9.jpg
35 KB, 779x361
>>62689370
>>
rememeber hearing how the guy who played Gunther on friends makes 250k a year
>>
>>62689448
Frodo Baggins?
>>
>>62689448
>>62689509

He was around 15 there, and actually looks like a proportionately sized adult.
>>
>>62689456

>pretend to be a barista for a decade
>occasionally have a one liner
>make a doctor's salary for the rest of your life
>>
File: Jotheph.png (230 KB, 353x645) Image search: [Google]
Jotheph.png
230 KB, 353x645
>>62688453
DROPPED
>>
>>62689636
He's actually a barista IRL and kept working as one for the majority of the shows run.

He got the job because he was the onlyerson who could make coffee and a friend called him and asked him to be in the show because they needed a barista.
>>
>>62688453
> It seems like anyone in that situation could easily just retire and be set for life

Yeah but you already have a foot in the door of the easist fucking job in the world, why quit and retire?

Plus once you move out and learn basic fiances you'll realize only losing money every month and not making any is really really bad.
>>
>>62689732

So he's the lazy man's Harrison Ford.

He's probably thinking:

>nobody cared about me before
>nobody cares about me now
>the checks just keep coming and i have a full time barista doing my laundry when he's not busy

Meanwhile Harrison Ford is helping to ruin established franchises.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
Well... it depends on their contract for that show or movie.

That depends on which studio and which producers and what their agent negotiated for residuals.

Famously, David Prowse never got paid residuals for Return Of The Jedi because Fox and Lucasfilm said those films never turned a profit. He foolishly signed to get money from the back end net profit of the films.

Also. Let me repeat that.
The studios say that Return Of The Jedi never turned a profit.
>>
>>62688812
It's fucking disgusting the amount of money he receives from syndication alone.
>>
>>62689681

until about five years ago i always thought he was half-japanese
>>
>>62689829

>once you move out and learn basic fiances you'll realize only losing money every month and not making any is really really bad

Unless you get accustomed to throwing parties for other millionaires every week you can live like a millionaire just on the interest of $35 million for the rest of your life.

These people keep doing what they do to stay busy, and write, direct, produce the things they want because they can.
>>
File: 1396363561714.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1396363561714.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>62689832
>Meanwhile Harrison Ford is helping to ruin established franchises.
>>
>>62689681

>posts this in every thread
>look this one up, it's actually true

Oh well. We're fucking talented, so who gives a shit. I guarantee there's no conspiracy (I have family in the industry and their parents talk shit about them).
>>
>>62689681
A Jew!? In Hollywood?!?! GASP
>>
>>62689915

>jj abrams will do better than the prequels

Unless you have anything more than that to say don't even bother. It's obviously going to be shit.
>>
>>62689681
>Levitt
hurp de durp
>>
File: a-clockwork-orange.jpg (254 KB, 1784x1075) Image search: [Google]
a-clockwork-orange.jpg
254 KB, 1784x1075
>>62689855

>this next film in the biggest franchise of the decade surely wont make any money

Seriously?
>>
>tfw have had an adsense account for over five years and am just dollars away from my first $100 payout
>>
>>62688556

>xfiles sqaud

Aren't they doing a reboot?
>>
File: bj.jpg (261 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bj.jpg
261 KB, 1280x720
What this thread made me think of.

>i've honestly watched this show 5 times straight through
>>
>>62688453
>my mom calls it Blooommiiieeesss
GOAT cameo tbqh
>>
>>62690608
i make at least $300 off redbubble every month
>>
>>62689909
>Unless you get accustomed to throwing parties for other millionaires every week you can live like a millionaire just on the interest of $35 million for the rest of your life.
This.
Let's say you drop maybe $5M on a house, and invest the remaining $30M. If you just beat inflation by one percent, you could still expect to easily spend $250K a year and break-even by the end of it.
>>
>>62691138

Graphic design?
>>
>>62691156
yeah I used to make a lot more but they became bigger jews about IP infringement
>>
>>62691083

The most depressing thing about the show is that it's about depression and existential shit, but when you no longer have to even work it makes that seem stupid.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.