[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish that they allowed him to do all three movies so that there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: J.J._Abrams_by_David_Shankbone.jpg (531 KB, 1878x2345) Image search: [Google]
J.J._Abrams_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
531 KB, 1878x2345
I wish that they allowed him to do all three movies so that there is a consistent vision behind them. I don't really care to see what the Breaking Bad and Jurassic World meme directors do.
>>
>>62687322
What do you mean by "Allowed" ? J. J got bumped out on purpose ? Is there any article on the that issue?
>>
File: lovers.png (523 KB, 596x375) Image search: [Google]
lovers.png
523 KB, 596x375
>knowing Rian Johnson for Breaking Pleb
>>
>>62687523
No, he didn't. He turned it down to work on other films. Possibly Cloverfield 2.
>>
>>62687322
Rian Johnson is a good director though. Abrams isn't and neither is Trevorrow. I wish they just gave it to a good director and the start who would've committed to doing a trilogy.

>Rian Johnson
>Brad Bird
>Bong Joon-ho
>Gareth Evans

Why weren't any of these men selected at the start?
>>
>>62689690
>Possibly Cloverfield 2.
As much as I wish that were even possible, I think they missed their window.
>>
>>62689662
go to bed shane
>>
Vince Gilligan's directing episode 2?
>>
>>62689738
nigga shut up chloe just sent me pictures of her feet what have you done with your life
>>
>>62689716
Because Abrams and Trevorrow made BANK, bro. That's literally all that matters. The studios don't give a fuck if the movies are good or not, despite what they want you to believe. They saw Jurassic World's numbers and immediately scooped up its director.

>implying he had anything to do with it making that much money
Yeah, no shit, but Hollywood is fucking retarded.
>>
>>62689690
>Possibly Cloverfield 2
That's a good five years far too late for anyone to care, not going to happen.
>>
>>62689716
>Why weren't any of these men selected at the start?

Brad Bird turned it down to do Tomorrowland. No Korean should ever have their hands on Star Wars. Gareth Evans is a worse director than Trevorrow.
>>
>>62689766
Well if it's making bank they care about Brad Bird's films were making way more than JJ's when the director was chosen.
>>
Brad Bird was asked and said no as did Speilberg and Fincher fuck JJ worthless hack there is no ideal candidate for this these days all the directors suck now except the people writing their own stuff, I would have wanted Anthony Minghella
>>
>there is no ideal candidate for this these days

Alfonso Cuaron
>>
>>62689766
He did though. it was a genius move to bring that guy to JP because he told a clear story, and added meme hipster characters through it.
>>
>>62689844
He completely ruined the one Harry Potter film he did
>>
>>62689770
Friendly reminder that Finding Nemo came out 12 years ago.
>>
QUICK! IT'S DECEMBER OF 2012 AND DISNEY HAS PUT YOU IN CHARGE OF PICKING 3 DIFFERENT DIRECTORS FOR THE UPCOMING STAR WARS TRILOGY! WHO YOU PICK?
>>
>>62689922
>Brad Bird
>Guillermo Del Toro
>Ang Lee
>>
>>62689980
Guillermo del toro was offered episode 7 and he said no. So he probably wont do any at all.
>>
OP is right in that they would have a more cohesive vision if he stayed on, but I think the logic of it is that they don't want Star Wars to be seen as under the authorship of anyone but the Disney company itself. If they let JJ have all three they would be JJ's movies, they want them to be Disney's movies. They want a Star Wars Universe, like those Marvel/DC universes that are getting popular.
>>
hes exec producer on all you pleb.
>>
>>62689746
no that would be George Lucas
>>
I think part of the reason was because the OT had three different direction while the prequels were a cohesive vision. Which do you think Disney wants to recreate?
>>
>>62689980
two of those guys were offered the job

I bet Brad Bird regrets saying no after how shitty Tomorrowland was
>>
>>62687322
This guy sucks ass, he cant direct properly and has shit story telling capabilities. Its like watching someone play a videogame.
>>
>>62690059
I don't know after the prequels directing a new star wars would be a pretty scary gig
>>
>>62687523
>>62689690

he was denied work on the sequels because he went against disney's wishes by casting ooga booga boyega. Disney knew they'd lose money in the now huge asia morket with the original finn-rey love story, so the entire script was reworked and jj was denied future work for being such a fucking kike
>>
>>62690178
link?
>>
>>62690178
nice conspiracy theory anon

did you know the jews did 9/11 and the holocaust never happened?
>>
>>62690198

JJ pls go
>>
>>62690178
JJ is credited executive producer for VIII episode
>>
>>62687322
it didn't work out so well with lucas on the prequel.
>>
>>62689801

Gareth Evans is a saint. You shut your whore mouth, reddit.
>>
>Wanting this faggot to continue to ruin Star Wars like he did Trek.

Not that it matters since the other movies will suck as well, are the other two OT cock suckers as well?
>>
>>62690178
Is there any evidence for this or is it just /pol/ talking out of its ass?
>>
>>62691357
>OT cock suckers

yeah because the prequels are classics
>>
File: 1445932059106.jpg (78 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
1445932059106.jpg
78 KB, 340x314
>>62689812
>go to Spielberg first
>"Okay, get this pal...STAR WARS 7!"
>"No thanks."

>"..."

>"Let's just go to our Spielberg wannabe backup."
>"Okay, JJ...STAR WARS 7!"
>"I dunn-"
>"Before you say anything, we approached Spielberg about this first and he had to turn it down because he was too...busy!"

CO WRITTEN, DIRECTED AND PRODUCED BY JJ ABRAMS

Honestly it's so fucking sad that Abrams has made an entire career chasing Spielberg's coattails, badly.
>>
>>62687322
What makes you so excited to see his vision? Was it the masterful way he turned the usually philosophical Star Trek into a generic action film with a painfully stupid ship design (the bridge and medical look like a god damn Apple Store, and engineering is a fucking Brewery?) pointless and cringeworthy action scenes (ooh neat, sky dying from space...and sky diving THROUGH space, and swords fights, wooo) and he completely stripped any heart and soul out of The Wrath of Khan. Oh, and the goddamn LENS FLARE extravaganza of course.
>>
>>62691364
The problem with "OT cock sucking", as JJ appears to be doing, is viewing the OT as flawless masterpieces while dismissing the prequels as 100% shit, while in reality the OT had flaws and the prequels actually did some things right (improved lightsaber fights, exploration of different planets, certain backstories).

I'm just afraid the new movies will just be 2 hours of OT cocksucking.
>>
>>62690059
Well Tomorrowland is not as shitty as many seem to think it is.
Now, I agree that Bird's talent would have serve The Force Awakens best, considering how bad Tomorrowland flopped. Or even Episode IX, instead of Colin "I do the job but don't expect any genius from me, it's not what I'm paid for" Trevorrow.
But since Disney and Lucasarts see the money before the talent, it was obvious that Jurassic World's director (who has nothing to do with the movie's success) would take Episode IX instead of Tomorrowland's, despite Brad Bird's career. And it pains me.
>>
>>62691455
This, I mean, nothing wrong with pandering to OT fans, but I think the movie is going to be nothing but a 2 hour long blowjob to those fans instead of it's own thing.
>>
>>62691429
Star Trek was a dead franchise so he tried something different with it, nothing wrong with that
the problem is force awakens seems like it might as well be a remake of the original movies, makes sense really he is known as a rabid autismal SW fan growing up, which is why he originally said he DOESN'T want to direct SW, he just wants to watch it...>>62691392
is probably all too close to what actually went down in real life
>>
>>62691364
/pol/ is always talking out of its ass.
>>
I actually agree with OP.

As much of a filthy cultural Marxist rat-faced heeb JJ is, at least he might have made something cohesive across the 3 films.

Who is in charge of the overarching story anyway. Is it Lindelof? I bet it's fucking Lindelof.
>>
File: 1447136741216.jpg (33 KB, 637x383) Image search: [Google]
1447136741216.jpg
33 KB, 637x383
>>62691455
>Improved lightsaber fighting

The OT's various writers all understood that wasting 12 minutes on a bunch of flips and shuffling wasn't good storytelling and did nothing for the story. What's more, none of them have the tension or the character of that brief exchange between Obi Wan and Darth Vader. And that fight actually meant something.

>exploration of different planets

You mean the return to Tattooine like THREE times? That we're basically doing again for VII?

>certain backstories
Name one worth the time we wasted on it.

The OT was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but you identified no improvements found in the prequels.
>>
>>62691455
>improved lightsaber fights
Nothing to say, eveything's been said before
>certain backstories
like what?
>>
>>62691364
its bullshit. he didnt even know if he wanted to do one.
>>
I wouldn't mind if the other directors went in other directions, with focuses on gritty hand-to-hand combat scenes where the only CGI is from a blaster pistol or lightsaber when shit gets a little too heavy.

think of Cap 1 vs Cap 2
>>
>>62691932
Gritty shit is just not something that should be in a main SW movie. You have Rogue One for that.
>>
>>62687322
>vision
>abrams

fucking kek

They could have had a bowl of bread direct the second movie and the vision would be consistent
>>
>>62689766
I think with movies like this, if you deliver a bland product and nothing goes horribly wrong during production hollywood will love you. It's hard not to fuck up and do something worthwhile with a couple hundred million dollars, which is why people like abrams are so successful- they are able to consistently do absolutely nothing even remotely significant with big budgeted movies.
>>
hes exec producer on all you pleb.

>>62691557
Nope
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.