[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want in the new Star Trek series? Do you want philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Space Shows.png (321 KB, 828x451) Image search: [Google]
Space Shows.png
321 KB, 828x451
What do you want in the new Star Trek series? Do you want philosophy and sociology or laser explosions?
>>
The deconstruction of the space show genre

The Evangelion of Star Trek
>>
>>62685914

A semi-related question:

No Star Trek series since The Next Generation ever got movies. Do you think a new Star Trek series with brand new characters could become popular enough to get its own movies? Also, how would you feel about J.J. Abrams making TNG reboot movies?
>>
>>62687188
They'd never reboot TNG. Picard's 'thing' is being bald, a philosopher, and a diplomat. They can't possibly try to make a young, supercharged version of the characters like they did with TOS. As for a new Star Trek series, it would have to be as popular as TOS or TNG to get a theatrical release.
>>
>>62685914
I think most people who watch star trek would prefer the former. I have nothing against laser explosions and can enjoy them, but I want the core of the show to revolve around ethics
>>
File: aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg (31 KB, 419x261) Image search: [Google]
aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg
31 KB, 419x261
>>
>>62685914
>What do you want in the new Star Trek series?

For it to end before it's shat on further. It was good in its time, just let it rest the peaceful, dignified rest it deserves.
>>
Theres going to be more explosions for sure. Maybe they can strike a balance and please everyone.
>>
I want a sell-out cameo by Patrick Stewart
>>
>>62685914
>Do you want philosophy and sociology
>sociology
>star trek
you're confusing anthropology and sociology OP
>>
>>62685914
>New Galactica is higher than the old one, Firefly and Atlantis are higher than anything
>>
>>62685914
Am I the only person that loved Stargate: Universe?
I thought it was great
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.