[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched this and was pleasantly surprised. I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: the_purge_anarchy.jpg (572 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
the_purge_anarchy.jpg
572 KB, 1600x1000
So I just watched this and was pleasantly surprised. I think The Purge universe would make for a pretty good TV series. Maybe based around the fall of the government and the beginnings of the first purge?
>>
Don't give them ideas.
>>
>>62685958
This series could really go places if they brought in a more talented screenwriter to fine tune the story and polish the dialogue.
>>
>>62685897
I liked the second one much more than the first, I'm guessing most people do as well.
>>
>>62686101
Yeah you can tell the original was restricted by its tiny budget. The concept was promising but having to make it a home invasion movie was a letdown.
>>
>>62685897
They could go either way, how the purge started or the revolt to end the purge. Any details on the next movie?
>>
>>62686663
Frank Grillo seems to be confirmed for it so it looks like it'll be a sequel involving the revolution. A prequel graphic novel tie-in would actually work really well now that I think about it.
>>
>>62686201
But they somehow got based Ethan Hawke in it. He deserves better desu.
>>
I swear I'm one of the only people that thinks these movies are god awful.
"All crime is legal now! "
>no rape
>no theft
>no large scale arson
>the only thing anyone wants is to kill
Fuck off. The implications of the premise are way too much if you don't have the balls to show how bad people can be outside of just killing each other. On top of that, it's pretty widely known that most people aren't actually assholes. The whole thing is just a bad premise to begin with.
>>
>>62687294
It's true these movies have a pretty heavy-handed haves vs have-nots message. It's implied that the rich people do most of the killing for sport more than anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 460x259
>>62687294
>The only rules being that no government officials with authorization levels of 10 and higher are not to be disturbed and all weapons above Class 4 (explosive devices such as grenades, rocket launchers, bazookas, etc.) are forbidden

The rules in these movies are incredibly flimsy, I'm surprised there aren't more child molesters, rapists etc running around during the Purge.
>>
>>62687473
True but they'd be just as likely to get killed by other more heavily armed purgers.
>>
>>62687294
you're not

Imagine the effects to infrastructure too of widespread arson and stuff.
>>
>>62685897
> I think The Purge universe would make for a pretty good TV series.

Yeah, no. Fuck off with your retarded ideas.
>>
>>62686818
Only saw the sequel, Grillo sold me on that film.
>>
>>62687294
I still think that the minimal rules open themselves up to a lot of possibilities.

>some crazy motherfucker takes control of the electrical grid, starts playing the city like a maze
>small town takes on a bloodthirsty gang from a rival town
>ex-bank robber takes the night with some friends and hits as many banks as he can, like a money Halloween

So many possibilities.
>>
>>62688339
Can u imagine how many idiots would be out there trying to rob a bank. It would be dangerous
>>
>>62689342
Not if you planned it right.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.