[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Jedi KNIGHTS look ridiculously badass in armour >Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: saeseetiin.jpg (43 KB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
saeseetiin.jpg
43 KB, 450x254
>Jedi KNIGHTS look ridiculously badass in armour
>Have them wear lame monk robes all the time

Bravo, Lucas
>>
File: mad.jpg (4 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
4 KB, 273x184
>>62680518
>Is able to tap into the energy of the universe that binds together literally everything
>Uses it to jump higher and push stuff
>>
File: Owen-Lars-5.jpg (204 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Owen-Lars-5.jpg
204 KB, 1600x1200
Uncle Owen was secretly a Jedi
>>
>>62680518

You are so correct.

How many little kids have day dreamt about storm troopers with light sabers? Probably all of them.
>>
>>62680719
Uncle Owen, I know I'm on probation
I cleaned the droids
Can I go to tashi station
I got a lay away on ma power converter
But now you're treating
me like a scruffy nerf herder
>>
>>62680659
Right, and I suppose mind tricking women to have sex with a pathetic NEET piece of shit like you is a better use of the force?

Dumb frogposter
>>
File: mfw.jpg (50 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
50 KB, 312x312
>let's make jedi knights superhero actions stars instead of just wise monks
>>
>>62680836
Luke
Use the force and run
Run to Degobah
Run to Degobah
>>
File: 1429123155377.png (14 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
1429123155377.png
14 KB, 530x492
>>62680875
Nice memes and projections, m8.
>>
>>62680782
Used to draw those in 4th grade. Put boba fett hemlets on a lot of dudes with predator dreds too
>>
>>62680912
Thanks famanon

>rare_pepe.png
>>
>>62680885
monk never comes up. Obi-wan is a wizard, and Vader is a sorcerer. And they fight like samurai.
>>
>>62680885
>jedi KNIGHTS
>monks
>>
File: bestobiwan.jpg (45 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
bestobiwan.jpg
45 KB, 800x531
>>62680518

Best Obi Wan coming through
>>
>>62681193
>>62681092
I thought the EU established that Jedi were mostly monastic and not involved in politics or war until later in the Republic?
>>
>>62680885
They should have been in between, just like how European Knights and Monks were both christian professions. One is a scholar and the other a warrior.

Thats how it should have been. They should have even ditched the whole dark side light side dichotomy. Its just different people with different skills using the force for different reasons. Yoda and Sidious are monk like wizards who are on a spiritual journey like buddhist monks, and Luke and Vader are more like holy warriors.

The prequels could have been dope as fuck. The Jedi didnt have to be some institution of sand people cosplayers. We could have had like, Mace Windu being the captain of some tiny dojo that practices the force through physical discipline like some kind of Shaolin monk. We could have seen more diversity and difference of opinion among the Jedi, who were more like competing professionals than members of a guild.
>>
>>62681239
>EU

lol
>>
>>62681299
>lol
lol
>>
File: jedi-knight.png (726 KB, 1050x1199) Image search: [Google]
jedi-knight.png
726 KB, 1050x1199
>>62681239

That's what they ideally aspire to, but since it's 'Star WARS' they usually end up being soldiers one way or another. I mean 'claims of 'self-defence' and 'peacekeeping' only go so far when you literally train children for combat from an early age.
>>
>>62681318
>>lol
>lol
lol
>>
>>62680659
Who is this guy? He knows literally nothing of the Jedi.
>>
>>62680518
>can ward off every retardedly slow moving laser that zips at them with their laser swords
>armor
For what purpose?
>>
File: 1372299384714.gif (2 MB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1372299384714.gif
2 MB, 300x199
>>62680518
>obi wan wore robes because he lived in the desert and was a vagabond
>now ALL jedi must wear robes for no fucking reason
>>
>>62680518
Armor for what? Armor isn't going to stop a blaster or a lightsaber.

Useless trash.
>>
>>62681434
>Armor isn't going to stop a blaster
then why arent the stormtroopers naked. must be expensive making all those useless armor sets
>>
>>62681398

>Protects against explosions and shrapnel
>Shields from harsh weather conditions
>Can allow limited time to survive the vacuum of space, which is handy in this universe.
>HUD display/comm links in helmets to allow better combat awareness and communication.

But the most important reason
>looks dope as fuck

Something tells me a universe where people wield swords that would kill them if they made a slight mistake aren't worried about practicality.
>>
>>62681505
>Protects against explosions and shrapnel
Doesn't their magic already do that for them?
>Shields from harsh weather conditions
>implying a thin plastic plate has more insulation than voluminous layers of linen, cotton, and wool
>survive in the vacuum of space
Jedis could probably meditate longer than whatever air supply limit those form fitting suits offer or could probably magic/slice his ass into the nearest air lock
>better combat awareness and communication
>literally swathe through multiple squads worth of oppositional forces with ease
>needing more awareness
>needing to communicate with other imbalanced space monks

So absolutely nothing.
>>
>>62681434
>Armor isn't going to stop a blaster or a lightsaber.

or even a pointy stick or a thrown rock, as we learned in ROTJ
>>
>>62681974
>Doesn't their magic already do that for them?
No.
>Jedis could probably meditate longer than whatever air supply limit those form fitting suits offer or could probably magic/slice his ass into the nearest air lock
Incorrect.

Jedis aren't Saiyans or Kryptonians. They still need protection.
>>
>>62680719
Uncle Owen looks like a big guy here
>>
>>62682093
>incorrect
A real good freediver can hold his breath for 20 minutes.
You're telling me a Jedi can't do at least the same or even more so while manually unconscious? Assuming they meditate.
>>
File: cad-bane-1920x1200.jpg (117 KB, 1133x797) Image search: [Google]
cad-bane-1920x1200.jpg
117 KB, 1133x797
>>62682159

Big guy?
>>
>>62682264

>Implying lack of oxygen is the only thing that will kill you in the vacuum of space.
>>
>>62682264
>A real good freediver can hold his breath for 20 minutes.
this is b8
>>
>>62680890

I'm Yoda
I'm a soldiah
>>
File: Deleted Bane.png (1 MB, 1835x1075) Image search: [Google]
Deleted Bane.png
1 MB, 1835x1075
>>62682269

How can one universe sustain so many big guys?
>>
>>62682335

Technically the world record freediver held his breath for 22 minutes.
>>
>>62682331
If he's getting roasted by gamma rays from a nearby star, a suit isn't going to do much for him either.
>>
>>62682370
dying and being resuscitated doesn't count as holding your breath
>>
>>62682394

We don't know the protective capabilities of armour in this universe. For all we know it's probably better than dedicated astronaut suits at protecting people in space since we've seen clones wearing it fight outside ships after being given breathing equipment.
>>
>>62681492
I like to think the armor actually does do a good job of deflecting the lasers, but it acts in the same way a bulletproof vest would: You still get knocked back on your ass without wind.
>>
>>62682458
There's not really a lot you need to protect yourself from in space outside of not being able to breath and an extremely fatal tan if something massive isn't floating between you and a star.

If a footsoldier's armor can block out gamma rays, they'd have absolutely no need for ships beyond transports unless they really needed multiple hours of maneuvering or something refueling and airing the soldiers they'd be torpedoing at shit.
>>
lol
lol
kinda looks like a tie fighter

lol lol lol
lol
>>
>>62682762
>refueling and airing the soldiers they'd be torpedoing at shit.
>We're going to launch you out of a tube in the general direction of the battle. Don't worry, we're pretty good at this these days.

How on earth do you recruit for that? Or do you just not mention it until they go to jump in their somewhat claustrophobic "bunks".
>>
>>62682982
>getting immerse yourself in the ocean of stars with only a suit, with an unthinkably high resistance to radiation, separating you
>getting the chance to zip around many hundreds of miles per hour in a void
>getting to shoot things with a laser gun that are most likely passing through your field of vision within two seconds less you run the risk of being a sitting duck in space
It would sell itself, truest form of l'appel du vide.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.