[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly what's the big deal with 'he was a good friend'.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: bilde.jpg (27 KB, 534x403) Image search: [Google]
bilde.jpg
27 KB, 534x403
Honestly what's the big deal with 'he was a good friend'. They were BFFs for YEARS. He trained him. They had a very ugly end, but I have a ton of friends that ended ugly, that I would still say we were good friends. I feel you are all retarded for making such a big deal of that.
>>
File: 1420322578719.jpg (182 KB, 1280x982) Image search: [Google]
1420322578719.jpg
182 KB, 1280x982
>>62680301
Yes, George, everyone else is retarded.
>>
>>62680344
IS HE LYING THOUGH, THEY WERE BFFS
>>
>>62680301
you never see them be friends, in the prequels they seem to dislike each other and aren't together much
>>
>>62680301
>They were BFFs for YEARS.

The thing is, Lucas did a terrible job of showing that, too.
>>
>>62680438
Cop here, that's usually how partnerships work.
>>
>>62680509
Nobody likes you Steve, fuck off.
>>
Only autists still feel the need to discuss the prequels anymore desu senpai.

Find a new hobby.
>>
>>62680301
Obi Juan.
>>
>>62680438
>faggot confirmed for not watching the prequels

They were close friends, that was just banter, you absolute retard.
>>
>>62680509
The problem is they were described as being FRIENDS, not PARTNERS you stupid kuckold.
>>
>>62680509
does he say
>and he was a good partner
>>
in the first movie they dont interact at all beyond a quick introduction. in the second movie anakin blames obiwan for holding him back and obiwan calls him an arrogant shithead behind his back. in the third movie they finally seem to have some angst free interactions until the opening sequence ends, then they go their separate ways until obiwan cuts off all his limbs and leaves him to burn to death on the side of a volcano.

>and he was a good friend...
>>
>>62680438
Let me guess you think being friends as working partners means they should constantly be spouting marvel quips and joking with each other. They had mutual respect and therefore friendship which is evident in the prequels. They had issues but Obi Wan still view Anakin fondky and as "a good friend."
>>
>>62680509
gtfo of /tv/ don't you have some black children to kill pig?
>>
Mankids: the discussion.

Is cleverbot your only friend?
>>
>>62680438
Dudes who are really close friends tend to talk shit on each other and get annoyed quickly. It's how brothers and best friends usually are. Let me guess. . . raised by a single mom?
>>
>>62680861
This.

You need to be raised by two moms to understand the relationship.
>>
>>62680677
You forget there were like 3 years between episode 2 and 3
>>
>>62680744
>They had mutual respect

When? Han and Luke had mutual respect (once they'd soused each other out a bit). Kenobi & Anakin were constantly shown getting on each other's nerves, sniping at each other in a serious rather than jovial manner, criticizing each other to others and generally acting like an exasperated parent and a rebellious child. And then Obi-Wan goes and calls Anakin his "brother" at Mustafar. I don't know what that says about Lucas's familial relationships, but it doesn't look much like amiable brotherhood or friendship to me.
>>
>>62680301
Is that beard fake?
>>
>>62680961
yeah anakin seemed to treat obi-wan more like a meanie step-father than a brother or friend.
>>
>>62680961
You know who else were brothers?
Cain and Abel.
>>
File: dickhead.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dickhead.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>he is a political idealist
What did he mean by this?
No really, in what way was Palpatine an idealist?
>>
>>62681003
HE WAS TALKING ABOUT COUNT DOOKU YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT
>>
>>62680301

its his own little head retcon to only see the good in anakin, to absolve himself from the guilt training the little shit to begin with
>>
File: 1438650438221.png (509 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1438650438221.png
509 KB, 500x600
>>62680791
This is bait and I bite.
My reply is post-ironic.
>>
>>62681003

he had a vision of a much stronger republic without jedi or democracy.. thats pretty idealistic
>>
>>62680744
no, it's suggested they're best friends and very close, don't re frame things to sound right nutcase
>>
>>62680861
i feel sorry for you bro, thats nothing like how brothers and friends are unless you are a woman
>>
Remember when they fell into that nest of gundarks? That was a good scene.
>>
>>62680301
>but I have a ton of friends that ended ugly

By ended ugly do you mean killed a bunch of kids and choked his pregnant wife to death before you got in a fight cut off his legs and dropped him in lava?
>>
>>62681110
This. Obi-Wan compartmentalized and talked about Anakin and Darth Vader as two different people. Anakin was a dear friend, Darth Vader is the guy who killed a bunch of kids and killed his wife.
>>
>>62680509
With that level of intelligence i honestly do believe you are a cop
>>
>>62680677
In AOTC it's made clear that they're good friends even if they have differences in the way they do their job.
>>
>>62680301
DEMOCRACY = republic > BFF
>>
>>62680301
most of my failed friendships didnt end with chopping of their legs and watching them burn alive
>>
>>62680509
so the buddy-cop trope isn't just a meme?
>>
>>62680961
It's why I find Ani's last conversation before he turned to the Dark Side with Obi so random. They never really seemed fond of each other, but during that scene, where Ani was in the dark and Obi was in the light, Ani apologizes, recognizing how awful he's been with Obi, even listing every single flaw he has, like he's completely aware and it was intentional. Then Obi praises how Ani will be a better Jedi than him someday, despite being skeptical of him since the start, usually ranting how arrogant and immature Ani is and how he doesn't who know his place.
>>
>>62686424
Remember when they fell into that nest of gundarks? They were good friends
>>
>>62680791
>>62682576

> hating on cops
> being mean
Stop being internet harassers
>>
>>62680600
Anakin whining to Padme about how he hated Obi-Wan wasn't banter.
>>
>>62680600
*faggot confirmed for not having watched the prequels
>>
>>62680600
>scene of Obi-Wan treating Anakin like a dumb child in front of everyone
>scene of Obi-Wan complaining about how annoying Anakin is
>multiple scenes of Anakin going on and on about how Obi-Wan is an asshole
>"It was all just banter!"
You should kill yourself desu.
>>
>>62682407
what the FUCK is a gundark you virgin poof
>>
Why did Obi-Wan leave his "good friend" to burn an the side of a river of lava? Why would you not put Anakin out of his misery? Leaving a dark warrior to burn can only end badly.
>>
>>62680601
He is a police officer he doesn't know any better
>>
Maybe Obi-Wan just had a massive case of nostalgia goggles.

It's obvious he felt some sort of responsibility for Anakin, essentially being his guardian/caregiver/mentor when Obi-Wan was so himself when he took on Anakin as a padawan. To have all that end in the way it did, there had to be a least a little bit of emotional trauma for him; maybe the way he dealt with it day after day was to tell himself that they were good friends as a defense mechanism against the crushing reality of his self-perceived failures. Obi-Wan was only human afterall.

I'm just speculating though...
>>
File: 1445611198292.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445611198292.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
Their conversation before the final fight makes a lot more sense when you realize that Anakin thought Obi-Wan was the father of Padme's kids.

"I love you!"
>see's Obi wan and flips out
>LIAR
>YOU'RE WITH HIM

He thought Obi kek'd him and flipped out. He was always jealous of Obi and you have to admit Padme bringing him along on the ship didn't look very good.

From Obi-wan's point of view it was just a tragic misunderstanding. He at least considered Anakin a good friend even if he was a little shithead sometimes.
>>
Just watch either of the Clone Wars series, they pal around plenty in those
>>
>>62687485
This essentually:

>be Obi-Wan
>be with Qui-Gon for the entirety of your training
>go on many missions and adventures with him throughout your childhood and teenage years
>grow to respect admire and perhaps even love him as both a mentor and father figure
>one day he gets killed by some tattooed faggot on Naboo
>his dying wish is for you to train some little shit for brains you guys found on a backwater planet
>you try your best throughout the years
>you strive to be the loving, wise and caring mentor that Qui-Gon wad to you
>but somewhere down the road things go sour, because unbeknownst to you, a sith lord has been whispering into his ear for years
>you're forced to battle him and leave him for dead on some hellish lava planet
>go into exile on Tatooine
>spend the next ~20 years 5 honking about it day after day
>wondering what you did wrong, what you could have done differently

It's pretty obvious that would leave a mark on someone's psyche, he probably lied to himself that they were good friends, and over time he actually started to believe it.
>>
>>62687757

> coming up with excuses
>>
>>62687757
*thinking about it

not "honking about it" kek
>>
>>62680438
GTFO redditlettermedia
>>
File: Nute Gunray.jpg (81 KB, 320x262) Image search: [Google]
Nute Gunray.jpg
81 KB, 320x262
>>62681032
Reminder that the CIS was objectively correct and the Republic were the bad guys.
>>
>>62686457
But what about that business on Cato-Neimodia?
>>
File: CI102222648030177495.jpg (675 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
CI102222648030177495.jpg
675 KB, 1920x818
Anyone else think that despite being a shitty movie, Natalie Portman is shit hot in Attack of the Clones?
>>
>>62687564
>Padme bringing him along on the ship didn't look very good
I think Obi snuck onto the ship actually since Padme didn't want to tell Obi where Anakin was. Padme probably would've been confused as fuck turning around to see Obi shortly before being choked.
>>
>>62689206

They were. Sheev must have had a good laugh every night when thinking about his grand ruse.
>>
>>62687340
How was Obi Wan to know that Anakin couldn't handle his bants?
>>
File: Sheev and Nute.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Sheev and Nute.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>62689206
>>62689294
The Republic:
>Refuses self determination of its member bodies, instead subjecting them to thousands of year old treaties that no longer serve anyone's best interests
>Incredibly corrupt, rife with bribery
>over regulation, tremendous taxation for vanity projects like Naboo
>Brutal colonizers, driving native populations like the Gungans into marginal areas to make planet-wide resorts
>Uses a cloned army of slave-soldiers that live only to die in combat for the corrupt Republic
>literally starts the war itself

The Confederacy of Independent System
>Voluntary membership only
>Small, transparent government
>De-regulates the economy leading to prosperity and wealth for all
>Supports jobs and high standard of living for many non-human natives like the Geonosians
>uses a mass produced army of drones out of respect for human life and desire to make war less violent
>does everything it can to resolve all disputes with diplomatic pressure and embargoes instead of resorting to violence

Nute Gunray did literally nothing wrong.
>>
File: gingrich warning.jpg (93 KB, 314x400) Image search: [Google]
gingrich warning.jpg
93 KB, 314x400
>>62689382
Reminder that "Nute Gunray" is a play on "Newt Gingrich"

Reminder that Count Dooku is Mitt Romney

Reminder that Obama is Sheev

George Lucas predicted all this, but you didn't listen.
>>
>>62680301
We didn't get enough scenes of them together desu and Anakin just seemed constantly pissed off at Obi-Wan.
>>
>>62687564
I thought the implication was that Anakin thought she was sided, politically and enotionally, with the jedi
>>
>>62690141
It was, from a certain point of view.
>>
>>62687485
God, Torresani. Why aren't you in more things?
And why aren't more things in you?
>>
>>62680992
& would Abel call Cain a 'good friend?'

retard.
>>
>>62687170
I'd like to know. The movies never tell us
>>
File: Sheev.png (646 KB, 2584x486) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.png
646 KB, 2584x486
>>62690612
It's a weird red lizard-ape monster. I know this because of Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
>>
Lucas re-imagined the series. All there is to it.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.