[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We can all agree that this was the only good Marvel Capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 19
We can all agree that this was the only good Marvel Capeshit Universe film, correct?
>>
or is it ?
>>
GotG is the only good superhero movie of the last 10 years, and even that's just because it's a fun watch.

Super Hero movies are the most predictable over produced garbage out there. But you probably already knew that.

X men days of future past was one of the biggest piles of dogshit i've seen
>>
>>62678374

Iron Man 1 still holds up.
>>
File: 1438194010444.jpg (959 KB, 3100x1713) Image search: [Google]
1438194010444.jpg
959 KB, 3100x1713
>>62678374
>>
CA:WS really surprised people, didn't it? Very few people expected it to be as good as it turned out to be. A political thriller/superhero movie that actually worked.
>>
>>62679065
I think I liked that it wasn't bogged down in some shoehorned love story.
>>
>>62678498
>GotG is the only good superhero movie of the last 10 years, and even that's just because it's a fun watch.

Pretty much this.
>>
>>62679201

Good point. They also didn't have to waste time with a longass origin story. We already know who Cap is, we already know who Black Widow is, we already know who Hydra is, we already knew Bucky Barnes story. The only "new" things were the addition of the Falcon, which they handled well, and the reveal that the WS was Bucky.

They really did a good job with the film.
>>
>>62678498
>>62679248

We get it. You don't like superhero films. Fantastic. Now go watch Citizen fucking Cane again or something, OK?
>>
>>62678539

Its like everyone turns off their taste sensors when reviewing marvel movies, they are all horrifically bad with asinine dialogue, lackluster character development and boring yet somehow insanely expensive action scenes. even transformers movies are more entertaining to watch
>>
>>62678374
No, Iron Man 1, Thor 1 and Guardians Of The Galaxy are the only good ones.
>>
>>62679349

Some of us go to the movies for pure visceral entertainment. Not interested in emotional, character driven, deep dramas. We just want to have fun on a Saturday night.
>>
>>62678374
>good capeshit
>i-it's cool because hes r-rebelling against the government man

I rarely say this but go back to reddit
>>
File: cap.jpg (176 KB, 1612x796) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
176 KB, 1612x796
>>62678374
>>
>>62679303
Shame on me for wanting hollywood to spend some money on something original and fresh what where we thinking? Lets just keep watching the same old bullshit
>>
>>62679368
>WS not in a league with any of these,
>WS not better than at least two of them
are you sure?
>>
>>62678374
>thinking this practically plotless pile of shit is good
>being 14 years old
>>
>>62679065
With how bland and forgettable the first Cap was I was very surprised
>>
>>62678539
You know it's fucking true. The only difference between Man of Steel and Marvel movies was that it took itself seriously. Marvel's always got its tongue in its cheek.
>>
>>62679349
>they are all horrifically bad with asinine dialogue
Not disagreeing, but I think this is intentional. Comics are really campy, and I think they try to do this. It's still cringe, but I think it's somewhat excluded when rating capeshit.

> boring yet somehow insanely expensive action
This is where I think Winter Soldier succeeded. Mostly hand to hand stuff.
>>
>>62678374
This movie is just a clusterfuck of shitty action scenes and cheap sentiments meant to appeal to retaded millennial redditors

>omg captain america is fighting against the american government with a black guy because they're corrupt? SO DEEP SO GOOD
>>
File: BmCYecz.gif (1 MB, 301x250) Image search: [Google]
BmCYecz.gif
1 MB, 301x250
>>62678539
>Literally cherrypicking
Batman Begins 85%
Dark Knight 94%
Dark Knight Rises 87%

Superman Returns 76%

The Flash 98%
Arrow 96%
Gotham 90%
>>
>>62679447
Winter Soldier was mediocre as fuck. They didn't even have the balls to kill off Samuel L Jackson, because clearly that would be way too interesting. It was just generic action scenes and a super lightweight conspiracy story - totally pointless.
>>
>>62678374
Blade is the best Marvel movie...but if you really mean "Universe" shit...then i'd say Iron Man 1. That shit was out of left field and everyone expected it to be shit...but it wasn't.

That car chase scene in Winder Soldier is boss though.
>>
>>62679514
There is nobody that has faked their death more than Nick Fury
>>
File: ledditor.jpg (34 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
ledditor.jpg
34 KB, 600x480
>>62678374
Completely correct, my good sir. A fine movie for all to behold, it has that touch of darkness most marvel movies lack therein lies their flaw. This one is as close to an intellectual masterpiece as an action movie can come.

You wins the internet today sir take my +1

and my axe!
>>
>>62679466
nice meme I see a fellow sub of r/marvel is in the thread
>>
>>62679466
Fuck, man, me exactly other than the fact that I liked First Avenger. It had that Rocketeer charm that Joe Johnston's so good at evoking.
>>
>>62679631
I got that pic from here
>>
>>62678539
'advertising' budgets tell the difference
>>
>>62679511
>DKR
>87%

And it was far worse than fucking MoS.
>>
>>62678374
No. I literally cannot understand how people believe this is any better than the others. I don't know why but the Marvel movies I've seen all just feel made for tv tier.
>>
File: atheist.jpg (152 KB, 600x793) Image search: [Google]
atheist.jpg
152 KB, 600x793
>>62679466
yeah man it was so edgy and political, so genius. Definite 10/10 brilliant political action masterpiece. Did the most brilliant artist in human history, hideo kojima, proud.
>>
>>62679273
>had none of that boring 'character development' stuff
>included minimal 'new' things into the already exceedingly 'complex' marvel universe
>this is why they did a really good job
>>
File: celery man dance.gif (188 KB, 420x612) Image search: [Google]
celery man dance.gif
188 KB, 420x612
Ant-Man was pretty good, too
>>
>>62679683
That image was clearly made by a redditor
>>
>>62678374
I'm actually okay with this. I thought the casting of Robert Redford was really clever because the movie was very similar to Three Days of Condor.
>>
>>62678374
G-d, what a shitty poster
>>
>>62680007
It was also one of his rare good castings. I've seen a lot of what he's starred in, old and new, and he always struck me as a boring guy.
>>
>>62679445

meh hollywood was that way before cape movies and will be in that way when the cape movies fad end

just be glad with the ocasional surprise
>>
>>62679065
>>62679466
This is a meme, right?
>political thriller
Hahaha Are you fucking kidding me? It was a bland marvel movie just like the rest. There were literally no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>62678539
>Iron Man
>Thor
>Thor 2

All of these are much worse than MoS yet they manage decent reviews, even MCU fanboys admit these movies are shit.
>>
>>62679930
Kick up the 4d3d3d3
>>
>>62679445

If "original and fresh" is what you wanted, what the Fuck were you doing watching a hero movie in the first place? If you were looking for an Academy Award for Best Picture movie, you probably should be watching a different film, huh? Summer flicks are summer flicks, not tearjerker and thought provokers.
>>
>>62678498
kill yourself, DOFP was the best movie of 2014
>>
>Just saw Iron Man 2 for the second time on TV

Holy shit it's bad. No emotional thrust at all and it's so plodding.

That Widow though.
>>
>>62680104
>Iron Man
>Thor
>worse than Man Of Steel
commit suicide
>>
>>62680054
This a thousand times.

And it's not like capeshit is killing film. Bone Tomahawk was beautifully shot and very well acted, and it would've been that way whether marvel movies were around or not.
>>
>>62680104
Surely you meant Iron Man 2. Iron Man was actually good.

So was Thor. Fuck Thor 2, though.
>>
>>62678498
what do you think about Watchmen?
>>
>>62678374
Nah senpai
Avengers
Thor dark world
Ironman
Ironman 3
All good desu
>>
>>62680354
>bone tomahawk is his example of a 'beautifully shot and very well acted film
>muh marvel is great because films of such brilliance like mediocre western are still made

will plebs ever get any more intelligent fám?
>>
File: fatties.jpg (68 KB, 520x482) Image search: [Google]
fatties.jpg
68 KB, 520x482
>>62680299
>don't tell me the same recycled garbage I eat up seasonally is garbage!
>>
Absolfuckinglutely better than the first. Hands down. I want to see it again. The little nods to everything like Doctor Strange, when the guns were targeting things they showed the new Avengers Tower and targeted Tony... the two after the credit sequences... just a damn fun time. How many cars did Marvel explode for this one ? I lost count at like seven.
>>
File: PICT2029.jpg (956 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
PICT2029.jpg
956 KB, 2272x1704
>>62680410
>Ironman 3
>>
>>62680486
>muh marvel is great

I never said marvel movies were great you idiot.
I said marvel movies aren't a threat.
>>
Easily the best Marvel film post Avengers
FUCKIN DOCTOR STRANGE
So will the Zola AI end up creating Ultron? Or am I over thinking it?
This whole movie was intense
Also love that the movie kinda mirrored the real world with governmental cover-ups and A.I.'s
>>
>>62678374
>satellites that read dna from space
I'm okay with that just being Jackson/Fury being less that literal, but then how do they target everyone instantly like they do?
>>
>>62678374
if not for the fact they get away with using a magical street cutting laser can opener to get away from the bad guys twice TWICE!
>>
>>62680644
fucking who wouldn't be comfortable in those skins, each one would make a full bedspread
>>
Oh man, this is one of the 2 best superhero movies to date.
Staying relatively true to the comics was nice, but placing Cap in an spy thriller was a great decision. He fits in it so well. The action was top notch, the characters were great, and the plot was fantastic.
I enjoyed it so much because it was so comic-booky, but very grounded. I knew what was going to happen, but it didn't detract from the movie at all. I only knew because I read and have a basic knowledge of the comics. It was so cool hearing everyone else gasp during the big reveal.
Even the political side of the movie was great. The whole "government is taken over from the inside" and swapping out the Patriot Act/NSA/PRISM with Project Insight was a great way of subtlety criticism regarding trading security for freedom. Cap's concerns about the growth of SHIELD and questioning his involvement in it was very relatable. Many veterans I've ran across have voiced the same issues.
Regarding the big changes. This means that The Avengers is now under Stark so it's going to be an even bigger cluster fuck, especially with Tony hanging up the armor, Natasha gone covering her beautiful ass, Cap trying to find and redeem Bucky while still adapting to the 21st century, Bruce being Bruce, Hawkeye presumably still dealing with his actions while being mind-fucked, and Nick Fury finally being Nick Fury(always gone until it's convenient for him to make the situation more complicated.) Thor's the only one that didn't really change in his sequel. Who watches the Avengers? Could this set up a Tony Stark, Director of SHIELD? Most of the weaponry was of his design. He could create a new SHIELD with his vast wealth and with Maria Hill in his arsenal, he could lay the groundwork to make it kickass. A new SHIELD would be a viable replacement for the Iron Man suit in him obsessing over making the world a better place. I'm giddy about the possibilities!! :D
>>
>>62680792
>:D
didn't read so I don't know if bait
>>
one of my favorite lines: "This isn't freedom. This is fear."
>>
>>62678374
best mcu movie to date, going to be a shit next to superman v batman tho
>>
>>62680817
Yeah I liked that a lot. Soldiers don't pledge to protect whatever the government does they pledge to protect the constitution and that's exactly what cap was doing. it's nice to see Cap being the hero of freedom over the hero of America.
>>
>>62680817
It's what convinced me that Captain America wasn't gonna devolve into propaganda.
>>
File: 1.jpg (135 KB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
135 KB, 1422x800
MARVEL DRONES ON SUICIDE WATCH

This and bvs will make $2bn
>>
I also really enjoyed Falcon's role. He fought well, and had some great lines. I also loved how they touched upon real life with PTSD support groups and Falcon's past. Maria Hill made me a bit excited because now she's with Stark Industries. Agent 13 was such a good decision, I loved her character (Sharon Carter)... maybe she will turn into the love interest for Cap
Of course, Fury was kick-ass. I knew he wasn't dead, but I still loved how absolutely convincing it was and that ending scene with the eyepatch... I just lost it. All the characters are throwing away signature features!
I think though, out of the whole thing, my favorite was Bucky. Who the hell is Bucky? He barely said 10 words in the entire film, and just with a few looks, cold stares, and agonizing screams, he managed to rip my heart out. I felt so awful for him, and for Cap too. The amount of pain Bucky had to go through, and then he rescued Steve from the river... Absolutely perfect.
the post-credits scenes were great! I love the set up with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. And Buckyyyyy.... continuing to be emotionally influential and not even talking.
Overall, besides the characters, I loved some of the touches on real, 21st century issues like constant surveillance (the whole scene with Sitwell on the roof), and I just got done reading 1984 in English class, so my mind was already filled with crazy government stuff.
Captain America was never my favorite, he was always okay. But after this movie, I've gained so much respect for him, and absolutely love his character now. He's not my favorite, but he's getting up there.
Now, my head is spinning with "What are they going to do next?" With the show, Agents of SHIELD, that obviously can't be because woops there goes SHIELD and Skye just became an agent! And how are they going to set up for the next movies? I am so pumped for Age of Ultron.
I've basically written an essay on how glorious this movie was; I can't wait to see what the Marvel future holds!
>>
I loved the opening action scene, the raid of the ship. Cap is very smooth and efficient, no nonsense. Great action scene.

And there is a lot subtle brutal violence, like that one kick when the guy clearly gets his spine broken and falls over to the ocean to die.
>>
I was floored. This movie was incredible. The action was amazing, characters were amazing, plot was amazing, score was amazing. Amaaaazing I tell you. The political aspect of it felt real and grounded and talked about real issues without sounding pretentious and overblown. The action was shot beautifully and the dialogue scenes were great. The humor was really great too, well placed and genuinely funny. The film felt tense through the whole thing.
Falcon was sooo cool! Mackie frigging nailed it. Johannson did SUCH a great job as Widow. I feel like they finally 'get' her as a character now. Cap, Fury, Hill were all great as usual, I loved how much screen time Hill got and I loved the exploration of the relationship between Cap and Fury. Redford was awesome and Pierce, he had a really dark demeanour about him and you really bought it. And last but not least, Sebastian Stan. Hooooooooly shit. He was perfect. I love the fact that they didn't totally cap off his character arc in this movie, but gave him the spark of trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
>>
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but as Cap is walking into the elevator, right as S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to shit, you can see Watergate in the background. Just thought it was a cool little symbolism/forshadowing. Things like that are what make this dark political action thriller as deep and amazing as it is. It should win some awards for being such a brilliant satire/expose of our own corrupt government.
>>
>>62680902
same goes for the foot chase after Fury gets shot,
>>
Think we should get in touch with the pay gap people and tell them that Chris Evans received a third of what Scarlett was paid for Age of Ultron? feels like injustice was done to be honest friends, we have to make a change.
>>
Steve Rogers, born in 1918, is a product of the 30s and 40s and as such is an anachronism in today’s world. The distinction between the upright “soldier of the 1940s” and the Russian spy turned agent Natasha Romanoff can be seen as a metaphor for people who are “living in the light” as opposed to “living in the world.” From their opposing views on stealing vs. borrowing a car, to their vastly different experience with members of the opposite sex, Natasha is a good example of how you don’t have to be a “bad” guy to be “worldly,” and how that viewpoint can prevent you from seeing the wiser and true path.

“Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a “fool” so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight… ” —1 Corinthians 3:18.
>>
I loved this movie. But are any fans of Agents of SHIELD worried that most of what's happened on the show so far with regards to the Clairvoyant just became pretty trivial?
>>
Captain America, both in the comics and in this year’s film, is never more inspiring than when he is simply sharing his ‘cause’ and encouraging others to join him to do the right thing. The Captain’s scene where he does this is reminiscent of Jimmy Stewart’s role in “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” where he stands resolute and alone against the corrupt Washington machine hoping against hope that “someone will listen”. The Bible advises us to do exactly that for,

“The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life… ” —Proverbs 10:11

“Seek justice, encourage the oppressed…” —Isaiah 1:17
>>
Our hidden enemy has been integrating itself into the very fiber of America in order to attack us from within. Under the guise of national security, the surveillance state has grown in spite of the law, while liberty has been diminishing and now millions will pay the price with their very lives. In the film, we have an organization that speaks of unity, under their control and mass slaughter of anyone who can oppose them. As in real life, evil men are mimicking the Devil’s desires for all of us, and we should be on alert because…

“… your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” —1 Peter 5:8.

The Word of God further describes this kind of enemy, as well as their eventual downfall. As acknowledged children of God, we should take comfort in this.

“These men lie in wait for their own blood; they waylay only themselves! Such is the end of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the lives of those who get it” —Proverbs 1:18.
>>
>>62679514
>because clearly that would be way too interesting

literally nothing about it would be interesting
>>
>>62681046
google told me I was making an illegal search when i copy pasted this wtf winter soldier is real life guys
>>
What is Marvel doing? This is not the first time that Marvel has been disappointing. This movie is terribly violent for children, with excessive amount on gun shots to the head and down-right cold blooded murder and knives in the chest. This movie has been a let down to the cinematic legacy of Captain America from the Avengers and the first Captain America film, though it was good to see Captain America staying true to himself through no overuse of weaponry and never being offensive even slightly.

Comparing the two movies I realised that it was definitely an over excessive use of guns when the first movie was set in a war and didn’t even come close to the amount of violence this movie had and just shooting at innocent people. I believe this movie is definitely not suitable for children.
My Ratings: Moral rating: Extremely Offensive / Moviemaking quality: 1½
—Harrison, age 10 (Australia)
>>
>>62678374
Iron Man > Winter Soldier > GotG > ANTS! > Captain America

Everything else is a waste of time
>>
>>62681116
Why does this meme exist that killing off characters somehow inherently makes a work better? Literally GOT tier reddit shit.
>>
File: laughingg.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
laughingg.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>62681116
>>62681436
>samefag replying to himself
>talking about how good marvel is while calling things reddit tier
>>
>>62681436

Killing Nick Fury would be a uniquely stupid and pointless death because none of the characters are emotionally invested in him enough for it to have a major impact and he's a plot mover so with him gone you're forced to find some other, less-entertaining means of moving the plot along.
>>
>>62681436
>this meme
thats not a meme child.

It has nothing to do with killing off characters making it better, more that fake killing off characters and then bringing them back is tacky shit.
>>
>>62681629
>>62681436
>>62681116
why are you talking to yourself? to justify your childish inability to deal with deaths of major characters?
>>
>>62678539
Man of Steel is better, more detailed, and more memorable than all of those movies. You really think Ang Lees Hulk is better than Man of Steel? Fuck off
>>
Winter Soldier is like a movie for people who find Bourne too gritty and realistic. Just a total waste of time for everyone over the age of 10.
>>
>>62681962
The only good parts was the elevator fight, the jet fight, and the knife fight. I literally can't remember anything else from that shit. I remember Man of Steel almost line for line, shot for shot.
>>
>>62681701

why do you rely on ad hominems? is it because you can't rebut the posts you quoted with real arguments?
>>
>>62682481
No ad hominems in there bud. Also FYI when you get out of high school debate no legal/scholarly point is argued over fallacies.

Still begs the question why you were talking to yourself.
>>
>>62682481
i rebutted your mother last night with my cock senpai
>>
>>62681638

No, the original post was explicitly about how nick fury's dying would have been more interesting, that's exactly about killing off characters making it better and not in any way about faked deaths being tacky.
>>
>>62682571
that wasn't my post dummy, try to grasp this isn't reddit and anonymous people randomly come in and out of conversations to reply when you say something stupid.

That guys post also implied he couldn't stay dead once they put his 'death' into the script.
>>
>>62682481
>waahh ad hominem

literally reddit t b h af f a m smdh
>>
>>62682535
>can't recognize ad hominems

You should remediate your education

>when you get out of high school debate no legal/scholarly point is argued over fallacies.

because once you're out of high school you're expected to know not to rely on fallacies and, instead, to make real arguments.
>>
>>62681535
>>62681638
>>62681701
>>62682535
>>62682552
>>62682815

>all these posts

>zero reasons why nick fury's death would be a good or interesting idea
>>
>>62681436
If you go over 10 movies where every "death" has just been a ruse, then the audience starts to feel like no one will ever die, it decreases tension.
>>
>>62682983

This is 4chan, so the actual reason is probably something like "gosh, I just hate all niggers"
>>
>>62682905
No because fallacies are for stupid kids like you not ready for the adult world.

>you should remediate your education
>complains about ad hominem
>only 'argument' is ad hominem

You were doing better when you were talking to yourself idiot
>>
>>62683025
>>62682983
>>62682571
>>62682481
>>62681116
>>62681436
>>62681629
Reddit samefag agreeing with himself
>>
>>62682983
People already explained it to you>>62683019
here is another persons post on it.
just like>>62681638

You have had no response except to scream fallacy this fallacy that (while fulfilling those exact fallacies)
>>
>>62682905
>desperate attempts to appear educated
>no real world knowledge
>gets upset over childish movies

underage redditor, just ignore f a m. Of course he's going to blatantly samefag without understanding ip trackers exist.
>>
Winter Soldier is just a slick, well put together movie with smart writing and (gasp!) minimal CG. It's not only a good capeshit film, it's a good film period. One of the only comic movies I liked, the others being Raimi's Spidey films, GotG, The Crow, and Batman Returns.
>>
>>62683201
>winter soldier has smart writing
>>
File: minimalCG.jpg (10 KB, 347x145) Image search: [Google]
minimalCG.jpg
10 KB, 347x145
>>62683201
>>
>>62678374
It's the best one, but Iron Man 1, GOTG and Cap 1 are all great too. I like Thor but I know that will trigger people even more than Cap 1 will.
>>
>>62683232
It does.
>>62683283
Wow, one scene. The entire tanker scene in the beginning is nothing but practical effects, as are the scenes where Fury is being chased in his SUV and the subsequent bridge fight between Cap and Bucky.
>>
Cap's the only one who seems like he has an actual character arc. Everyone else is basically the same throughout all the films in the franchise, Cap is the only one whose values are being confronted in any meaningful way, he's the only one whose character is undergoing any sort of change.
>>
>>62683324
It's about as smart as a 2nd grader. If you like marvel for the 'smart writing' then you are brain dead.
>>
>>62683324
Also those scenes you mention both included considerable CGI...I'm surprised you've figured out how to operate a keyboard
>>
>>62683782
>>62683838
Great discussion, /b/ros
>>
What is this thread? All of these long posts portraying capeshit in a postive way. I feel like I am somewhere else.
>>
>>62683902
Its objective fact that those scenes had tons of CGI. Also even marvel's biggest fans just say they're 'fun' movies with exciting action. If you're watching for any 'smart writing' that's like saying you watch silent films for the amazing voices. It's literally too moronic to even discuss.
>>
>>62683978
I never once said anywhere that I went in looking only for smart writing. I went in expecting a normal capeshit movie and got smart writing as a nice surprise. Stop pretending you're "above" a comic movie because you jerk off to shitty black and white French noir films.
>>
>>62684047
>i-if you don't like mindless one liners and bad actors prancing around in tights in front of a greenscreen you're just a pretentious contrarian

No, just have an intelligence greater than a child. You claimed the best things about it were the smart writing and minimal CGI, both are false. Unless the only other thing you watch is CBS sitcoms and children's cartoons, that writing isn't 'smart' and the scenes you mention all have CGI.
>>
>>62684047
I enjoyed the film. But It wasnt smart writing. It was light hearted cheesy dialogue like every good capeshit film. If you took it seriously then you're dumb.
>>
>>62680057
If you took out the fact that cap has super abilities its pretty much political thriller
>>
File: 1428945817741.jpg (52 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1428945817741.jpg
52 KB, 500x365
> tfw /tv/ was once one of the best boards on 4chan
> tfw /tv/ is now redditors posting capeshit threads all day long
> tfw the good days are gone forever

Someone hold me, I can't take it anymore
>>
>>62684133
I said minimal CG, not the-absolutely-positively-zero CG. Compare Cap to any of the other movies I mentioned, any of the other blockbusters this year or last year, any other capeshit, etc. It's got objectively good writing, even the critics picked up on it. Sorry you're too stupid to.
>>
>>62684269
if you took out his super abilities, the movie is about 5 minutes long.
>>
>>62678374

It's capeshit, so by definition it's a movie at best, but yes.
>>
>>62684291
Oh really?>>62683324
"Wow, one scene. The entire tanker scene in the beginning is nothing but practical effects, as are the scenes where Fury is being chased in his SUV and the subsequent bridge fight between Cap and Bucky."

too stupid to what? finish a sentence because my brain wanders without men in tights doing badly choreographed scenes quipping tacky one liners? wait that's you.
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 888x1120
>>62684277
And He shall give them /film/
the patricians will rejoice in Him
>>
>>62684291
>It's got objectively good writing, even the critics picked up on it.

Dude I liked the film but come on, a 14 year old could write that plot.
>>
>>62684342
He's right though. Literally the only CG is Bucky's arm. Watch the behind-the-scenes shit on the disc.
>>
File: photo-23899.jpg (9 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
photo-23899.jpg
9 KB, 323x323
>>62684365

We also need to bring back Snacks. God I would love to see him go crazy banning redditors from the boards. The thought makes me hard.

HE WILL BE OUR SAVIOR
>>
>>62684395
You're wrong though I already looked it up. Tons of CGI in both scenes.

>I-I went and made a tripcode so you would t-tell me I'm right.
>>
>>62684395
Why is CGI inherently bad? Hating on CGI is the most "look I'm critiquing things" critique.
>>
>>62684514
That's why the hobbit trilogy was just as immersing as the lotr trilogy right.
>>
>>62684514
Because of what I described here >>62684047
>>
>>62684514
>loves CGI
>thinks marvel is smart writing

why even come on /tv/ at all
>>
>>62684570
>>62684514
>I have no response
>better move the goalposts and start replying to myself again

This is pathetic, just go have conversations with yourself on microsoft word if you don't want to get called out on being an idiot.
>>
>>62684594
I'm not that guy. Hate marvel and capeshit tbqh. I just don't like it when people count lack of CGI as a good thing. I suppose lack of noticable bad CGI would be a good alternative. You got me fām?
>>
File: CGI so good.jpg (25 KB, 520x259) Image search: [Google]
CGI so good.jpg
25 KB, 520x259
>>62684514
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-12-22-19-51.png (280 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-12-22-19-51.png
280 KB, 1080x1920
>you
>>
>>62684661
It's because practical effects take a lot of work but result in a director being able to tinker and the finished product is much smoother and more realistic. Good CGI is used as subtle polish and barely noticable, but in marvel movies it's the glowing coat over everything.
>>
>>62684661
see >>62684737 for proof
>>
>>62678498
i thought guardians was tons of fun, and captain america 2 was great as well. but for the most part, i just don't feel all that much excitement over superhero movies and have largely stopped going to see them. unless you are a huge comic fanboy and just have to see those stories fleshed out on the big screen, what's the point? they're completely predictable and uninspired by now
>>
>>62679511
Those aren't in-universe you keklord.
>>
>>62684737
>>62684661

I believe you family The marvel has such smart writing guy has a history of same fag conversations with himself ITT which is why it seemed like it again.
>>
>>62684738
CGI takes more work than practical and when done well can allow for thing otherwise impossible to accomplish. You can find many examples of bad practical effects. As long as it is done well there is no reason why practical effects are better than CGI. Everybody just likes to say dude practical effects lmao and act like they know anything about film.
>>
Name one marvel movie better than Man of Steel. Any of you
>>
>>62684896
Literally all of them.
>>
>>62684896

All of them.
>>
>>62684870
CGI takes more computer coding work. Not more filming work.

CGI just looks aesthetically cheap. Unless its used in very small ways in tandem with mostly practical effects. Just look at the original star wars trilogy. Lucas went back and added CGI and look how shit it looks.

Name a well shot film with great cinematography that used a lot of CGI.
>>
>>62684896

Objectively all of them.
>>
>>62684947
forrest gump.
>>
>>62684953
>objectively

poor word choice
>>
>>62684947
Avatar is almost completely CGI and it is pretty
>>
>>62684920
>>62684923
>>62684953
>GOTG/Iron man/Ant man better than Man of Steel

They should rename this place /trash/
>>
>>62684969
Forrest gump didnt use a lot of CGI. It also doesn't have great cinematography at all. It relies on Tom Hanks great acting and interesting narrative

>>62684980
>it is pretty
>>
>>62678374
Winter Soldier is tacky as hell though. I don't know why people think it's so good. I guess it's good for a Marvel film but it's still contrived as fuck in general.
>>
>>62685027
A few good sequences do NOT make a good movie
>>
>>62685061
I never said it was good, I think it's a bore.
>>
>>62685090
I literally have no idea what's going on in the final act idk how people can defend this shit
>>
File: freg.jpg (12 KB, 354x352) Image search: [Google]
freg.jpg
12 KB, 354x352
>>62678374
>Film
It's a recorded play at best, anon.
>>
>>62682035
>MOS dun messed up your head
>>
>>62681324
I'll agree to this lineup. I think GoTG was the weakest of this list and won't hold up as well over time against say, Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier, but it was very enjoyable to watch.

Ant-man and Cap were both solid and you have to give the pair of movies an additional nod when you consider HOW FUCKING HARD it was to take the source material and make something decent out of it.

Ant-man? Captain America? Cool in comics, insanely hard to make as anything compelling in a movie.
>>
>>62680057
>There were literally no redeeming qualities.
You mean other than the fact that it has by far the best hand-to-hand fighting scenes of any capeshit movie, ever: >>>/wsg/817193

It's seriously fucking glorious, but a lot of people don't want to acknowledge it because they cannot accept the idea that a comic book movie might actually have good fights for once. They skim through the fights and complain "too many cuts" and say that they cant tell the difference between WS Cap and Avengers Cap anyway, even though Avengers cap is weak af
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.